Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Tint Compilation Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17459)

travace 09-23-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Hu (Post 455383)
Question for all the CA folks. How are you able get away with getting the front windows done?


just got hit for mine. its common to see so its just a risk everyone takes.

Chee-Hu 09-23-2012 03:49 AM

Thanks for fast replies. I'm trying to decide if I should risk it, or not.

NMMI89 09-23-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travace (Post 455406)
just got hit for mine. its common to see so its just a risk everyone takes.

Where did you get tagged? :mad0260:

travace 09-23-2012 01:13 PM

got hit passing a BMW in a speed trap going from escondido up to Valley Center. they sit right before the grade where its 45 and about to change into a 60.... cop was a total **** to me for no reason and got me for the tint at the same time :/

NMMI89 09-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travace (Post 455806)
got hit passing a BMW in a speed trap going from escondido up to Valley Center. they sit right before the grade where its 45 and about to change into a 60.... cop was a total **** to me for no reason and got me for the tint at the same time :/

Damn, that sucks. I'm usually going to and from South Bay to Pt. Loma. Usually just drive the limit. I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention to myself. This car draws attention anyway. No need to up the ante.

Gen 09-23-2012 01:46 PM

I've been driving with tinted windows for 10 years. I've just made a habit of rolling down the windows before a cop can see them.

jesperswe 09-23-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 455853)
I've been driving with tinted windows for 10 years. I've just made a habit of rolling down the windows before a cop can see them.

That's what i do to, hehe.:burnrubber:

travace 09-23-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMMI89 (Post 455844)
Damn, that sucks. I'm usually going to and from South Bay to Pt. Loma. Usually just drive the limit. I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention to myself. This car draws attention anyway. No need to up the ante.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 455853)
I've been driving with tinted windows for 10 years. I've just made a habit of rolling down the windows before a cop can see them.

I always do this and did this time as well.... It was too late tho

Gen 09-23-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travace (Post 455903)
I always do this and did this time as well.... It was too late tho

Sucks to hear :(

I've only been hassled once about my tint to which I replied "What tint? I don't see any tint."

I was in a private parking lot owned by my better half's father, so there wasn't much the cop could do about it.

cnk 09-23-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayde (Post 455012)
Thanks!

Yeah I'm getting the same thing along with a pillars and roof. Scheduled for next Sunday.

Here you go:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps5be0d0bf.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps440d32d2.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps0d4ce832.jpg

Jayde 09-23-2012 07:41 PM

Nice! Looking forward to getting mine done. Can you notice the blue tint that is in it?

cnk 09-23-2012 07:44 PM

I didn't notice any.

Project_GT86 09-23-2012 08:12 PM

30% all around
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/...68555352_n.jpg

NMMI89 09-24-2012 10:27 AM

Ok, y'all help me out here. My math skills aren't what the used to be....if I have 25% tint all the way around. Does that mean it blocks 75% of light coming in or what? Go ahead and laugh. I've never had tint on my car so.....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.