Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SOCAL Owners Club (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7647)

HotLeopardMama 06-06-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE (Post 244900)
yea, its the M&M Meets and I was there in my FRS! I never saw a white one there. lol

I'm not a big fan of those meets because its filled with othing but honda ricers now. They used to have a better turn out of people but everyone stopped showing up because of them.

There were some Genesis Coupes and I remember seeing a modded xB with a huge TV in the back, lol. I only drove through the aisle where the driveway was next to M&M before hurriedly heading to hide to park, lol.

Bunch of lil old Civic hatches, though, too, right? I thought I saw a bunch of 'em anyway. I'm just sheepish because I'm not really any sorta great driver, nor do I feel I have enough car knowledge to rub elbows with "real" enthusiasts. Are the people at that meet nice?

I just know I love my car. It sounds great, is nimble, and is so much fun to drive. Plus, being my first new car, it's just that much more special. It's just a bonus that so many others also really love it. :)

r4m3n 06-06-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86design (Post 244920)
I live in Irvine...

Main/Culver

Live off Sand Canyon/Irvine Blvd. Was working at Oakley but moving to Burbank for the summer for a summer gig so I'll be around mainly weekends now.

Any of you guys want to meet tomorrow night?

Fish 06-06-2012 11:32 PM

There's a Costco here at Northridge. Pretty big lot since they close at night. It's got an In-N-Out and Pinkberry too if anyone wants to meet there tomorrow night. I'm not sure but there might be a meet there already. I forgot what day it was. I used to go to an Evo meet that was the night before. Just can't remember what day.

86design 06-07-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 245815)
There's a Costco here at Northridge. Pretty big lot since they close at night. It's got an In-N-Out and Pinkberry too if anyone wants to meet there tomorrow night. I'm not sure but there might be a meet there already. I forgot what day it was. I used to go to an Evo meet that was the night before. Just can't remember what day.

little too far for me sir :(

86design 06-07-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4m3n (Post 245792)
Live off Sand Canyon/Irvine Blvd. Was working at Oakley but moving to Burbank for the summer for a summer gig so I'll be around mainly weekends now.

Any of you guys want to meet tomorrow night?

ohh cool yeah i live like 6 mins from sand canyon

Fish 06-07-2012 12:26 AM

Looking at the map, it seems like it would be pretty tough to find a place in the center without running into a ton of traffic on a weekday. Well, depending on time I'm sure.

86design 06-07-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 245895)
Looking at the map, it seems like it would be pretty tough to find a place in the center without running into a ton of traffic on a weekday. Well, depending on time I'm sure.

i agree :( dang....BUT WE NEED TO HAVE A MEET!!! lol West Covina? Cerritos? El Monte?

MUTA 15 06-07-2012 12:46 AM

MUTA 15
FR-S
Manual
Raven
PABLO
LA/ S.F. Valley

Fish 06-07-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86design (Post 245942)
i agree :( dang....BUT WE NEED TO HAVE A MEET!!! lol West Covina? Cerritos? El Monte?

lol I was looking at those same places. I'm not too familiar with them though. Well, El Monte I've been to a couple times. I've seen a few places off the 60...

oso_25 06-07-2012 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oso_25
FR-S
Monospec
Auto
Asphalt
Joseph
Orange County

MF_DEUCE 06-07-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotLeopardMama (Post 245481)
There were some Genesis Coupes and I remember seeing a modded xB with a huge TV in the back, lol. I only drove through the aisle where the driveway was next to M&M before hurriedly heading to hide to park, lol.

Bunch of lil old Civic hatches, though, too, right? I thought I saw a bunch of 'em anyway. I'm just sheepish because I'm not really any sorta great driver, nor do I feel I have enough car knowledge to rub elbows with "real" enthusiasts. Are the people at that meet nice?

I just know I love my car. It sounds great, is nimble, and is so much fun to drive. Plus, being my first new car, it's just that much more special. It's just a bonus that so many others also really love it. :)

I had parked in that area first but didnt like it there because of the mass amount of civics and got a bad vibe from that section, so i moved next to the burger king and Arbie's.

For the most part, people will just be chill and look at your car. Some people will be really interactive and courteous and some will be rude and obnoxious. Just be respectful and they should do the same. The reason i dont associate or like civic owners is their reputation to be obnoxious and rude, ex; they rev their cars a lot and burn out and speed off on their way out. There was a close call accident that nearly happened at the entrance to the parking lot because 2 civics were speeding through a red light.

The love of something is usually a good sign that you are a real enthusiast, it's not just necessarily based off of what you know. 2 years ago i couldnt tell the difference between a 240 and an integra, so it all starts somewhere.

MF_DEUCE 06-07-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86design (Post 245942)

I vote Cerritos! they have a bunch of food places with lots of parking lots. the socal MR2 guys tend to have meets in that area with good success.

Calidrifter 06-07-2012 03:40 AM

FR-S
Monospec (Base)
Auto
Firestorm
Sergio
Woodland Hills/Chatsworth/Northridge

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7218/7...b9cdb72b_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7261/7...cf36466d_z.jpg

r4m3n 06-07-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 245895)

Perhaps if people want to meet at say, Diamond Bar area I'm cool with that. Otherwise, if any OC owners wanna meet around Irvine/Tustin area tonight (Thursday), I'll probably be around.

There's always the meet that Jeff @ Longo is trying to set up later this month...