Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Turttle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145921)

spcmafia 01-30-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet (Post 3566155)
I used it today on a three week old car. I did not claybar, washed it real good first. I was concerned to claybar as I have never done it before. It looks real good.

Like @Wally86 mentioned, probably best practice is to apply a sealant first and then the wax. It will add, all together, 2 layers of protection. But, if you're not willing to go that route, you should be fine. Not sure which one you used (Spray vs Liquid Wax, both are liquid but you know what I mean) but your next washes, while the car is still wet, you can refresh your layer by just using the spray form. Just don't overdo it.

Snoopysvet 01-31-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally86 (Post 3566329)
Just make sure you have some type of wax/sealant/protectant to go on after you clay everything off.

Hey Wally, I do not understand?

spcmafia 01-31-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet (Post 3566534)

It means that before any wax job, a sealant is recommended as it "seals" the top coat of the vehicle. Since you remove a lot of the contaminants and basically leave the top coat exposed to the elements by using a clay bar, the sealant acts as your base protection as sealants adhere to the surface a lot better most waxes.

Wally86 02-06-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet (Post 3566534)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3566578)
It means that before any wax job, a sealant is recommended as it "seals" the top coat of the vehicle. Since you remove a lot of the contaminants and basically leave the top coat exposed to the elements by using a clay bar, the sealant acts as your base protection as sealants adhere to the surface a lot better most waxes.

This. The clay bar mechanically strips everything off of the clear coat leaving everything exposed with no protection so you need to readd protection to it. If you're ceramic coated, it'll strip down to that coating instead of the clear but same-ish principle.

RickyBobby 09-15-2023 06:08 PM

This is a bit OT but may be helpful. My FR-S does not have much plastic trim but my Ford Escape has a bunch. I have tried various plastic trim restorer products but none have worked well or lasted. This guy does a good review of them and found Cerakote Ceramic Trim Coat the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOX4z6uwXo

TW says you can use its Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax on plastic trim so I gave it a shot, since I already have it. Sprayed some on a small microfiber towel, applied it directly to the plastic trim on my Escape, and buffed off the excess. It looks good, but let's see how long it lasts.

RToyo86 09-15-2023 07:27 PM

Solution finish is what I'd suggest for a trim restorer. It actually does restore to some degree unlike most which acts are more of a mask. Haven't played with cerakote trim but I'm aware it's a quality product. The headlight kit worked nicely when I tested it.

RickyBobby 09-15-2023 08:02 PM

$14.95 for 1 ounce of Solution Finish. That's a hard pass. https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Fini.../dp/B006NZQ3T8

TW has a new one out. It's also black like Solution Finish but a bit cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53.../dp/B0BL44PMWK

Gendry 02-23-2024 02:45 AM

I actaully lke the turtle wax graphene spray - easy to apply and results are pretty slick. I use it as a topper for my existing graphene coating. OF course, only apply it when the paintwork is cool to touch. Otherwise it can be a pain to buff off excess

spcmafia 03-20-2024 01:28 PM

Update on this thread.

I have used many products ever since my review on the Turtle Wax Graphene Spray/wax.
Some included but not limited to;
Mothers CMX
Adams Graphene Spray

Griots Best Show Spray Wax

Griots Spray On Wax

Meguiars Ceramic Sprays
Adams Spray Wax

To this day, and lately its becoming harder to find at my local Autozone/Advance Auto Parts, the Turtle Wax Spray is the best option when it comes to applying a low-budget graphene spray that protects the wax layer.

It is tedious to use and properly apply, but it lasts so much longer than the sprays above and has better chemical composition of hydrophobic components. Would still highly recommend for those who just want an apply and forget wax layer.

Teseo 04-01-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3603088)
Update on this thread.

I have used many products ever since my review on the Turtle Wax Graphene Spray/wax.
Some included but not limited to;
Mothers CMX
Adams Graphene Spray

Griots Best Show Spray Wax

Griots Spray On Wax

Meguiars Ceramic Sprays
Adams Spray Wax

To this day, and lately its becoming harder to find at my local Autozone/Advance Auto Parts, the Turtle Wax Spray is the best option when it comes to applying a low-budget graphene spray that protects the wax layer.

It is tedious to use and properly apply, but it lasts so much longer than the sprays above and has better chemical composition of hydrophobic components. Would still highly recommend for those who just want an apply and forget wax layer.

If you like low budget, try graphene paste wax from turtle wax stacked with their flex wax.

I'm done with ceramic coatings, I just prefer "wax on wax off" method
Griots garage ceramic 3 in wax is good also.