Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   OpenFlash Tablet: Multiple Data Log files! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84224)

keen as 03-11-2015 06:45 PM

Many thanks for a great update.
And may I ask again for option of temperature in Degrees Celcius?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash (Post 2165099)
Hi guys,
We have increased the max number of stored files from 10 to 20. Max time duration for each log is approx 20 minutes. So we are taking nearly 400 minutes of on-board data storage! We have also added a [space] button for naming the data files.

This update should be released to the public by Friday just in time for the weekend ;)


Target70 03-11-2015 07:20 PM

I haven't used or updated my oft in months, but now that spring is rolling around, I think I'll update and perform a checkup. It's nice to be able to know that everything is running right, instead of hoping everything is. Thanks for the updates

Silver Ignition 03-13-2015 01:12 PM

@Shiv@Openflash

Reading another thread gave me an idea for your next update...maybe add an autopatic pedal dance function that you can toggle on and off using the OFT? FT86Speedfactory sells a guy that goes in there but it takes away the OBD2 port for datalogging

if you could figure it out :bow:

Cop 03-13-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash (Post 2165099)
Hi guys,
We have increased the max number of stored files from 10 to 20. Max time duration for each log is approx 20 minutes. So we are taking nearly 400 minutes of on-board data storage! We have also added a [space] button for naming the data files.

This update should be released to the public by Friday just in time for the weekend ;)

Just to clarify, does that mean that OFT will not be able to record data past 20 minutes of driving time without needing to log a separate file?

Shiv@Openflash 03-13-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Ignition (Post 2167767)
@Shiv@Openflash

Reading another thread gave me an idea for your next update...maybe add an autopatic pedal dance function that you can toggle on and off using the OFT? FT86Speedfactory sells a guy that goes in there but it takes away the OBD2 port for datalogging

if you could figure it out :bow:

That should be doable. Maybe in the next update :)

Shiv@Openflash 03-13-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cop (Post 2167897)
Just to clarify, does that mean that OFT will not be able to record data past 20 minutes of driving time without needing to log a separate file?

This is correct

tracerit 03-14-2015 09:20 PM

If I were to log past the 20 minute limit, will it auto create a new log or will it stop after 20minute on the first one?

I personally would've preferred a setup of 10 40-minute logs over the 20 20-minute logs. I suppose there's good reasoning to make it short though, I logged a 60-90 minute drive from work home this morning and it came out garbled.

Nardi330 03-16-2015 12:24 AM

Has the update been released yet?

thanks.

Shiv@Openflash 03-16-2015 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 2170517)
Has the update been released yet?

thanks.

The new software updates should be available late tonight via auto update. But a new version of the user software will also be needed in order to manage the multiple data log files format. This should be available and ready to download from our website on Tuesday.

tracerit 03-16-2015 11:50 PM

got the new OFT update through OpenFlash Manaager but no OFM program update yet. Looks like only my first log (of two) are downloadable, my second log is still sitting there, hopefully.

Shiv@Openflash 03-17-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 2171926)
got the new OFT update through OpenFlash Manaager but no OFM program update yet. Looks like only my first log (of two) are downloadable, my second log is still sitting there, hopefully.

Yes, the other logs should still be there. I'll be back on the office on Wednesday (plane doesn't land until Tues night). Once I'm back, I'll quickly test the new version of OpenFlash Manager and post it up for everyone to download. I have it right here on my desktop but I really don't want to post anything up until I personally test it :)

tracerit 03-17-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash (Post 2171962)
Yes, the other logs should still be there. I'll be back on the office on Wednesday (plane doesn't land until Tues night). Once I'm back, I'll quickly test the new version of OpenFlash Manager and post it up for everyone to download. I have it right here on my desktop but I really don't want to post anything up until I personally test it :)

if OFM only downloaded the first log, and there are no way to manage the multiple logs on the OFT, does that mean until a new OFM is released, i'll only be able to download the same first log over and over and not any of the new logs?

Shiv@Openflash 03-17-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracerit (Post 2171967)
if OFM only downloaded the first log, and there are no way to manage the multiple logs on the OFT, does that mean until a new OFM is released, i'll only be able to download the same first log over and over and not any of the new logs?

I have not tested the new multi-log file firmware update with the old single-log file OFM. So i cannot be certain if the old OFM will only pull up the first or last log stored on the OFT. If I had to guess, I'd say it will store the first log in memory. But when the OFM is released (probably late tomorrow night/early wednesday), you should be able to recover all of the logs you have saved on the OFT.

Phantobe 03-17-2015 12:35 AM

Is there an updated template file for this yet? I'm able to save multiple files, but the save prompts don't come up as text just as #s.

Ex: Instead of saying "Would you like to save this datalog?" It would just come up as "6034".


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.