Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FA20Club Up Pipe (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55840)

Ralph Spoilsport 01-16-2014 06:27 PM

I'm glad FA20club doesn't build airplanes.

husker741 01-16-2014 06:35 PM

Those Borla headers that were all fucked up have better welds than that.

husker741 01-16-2014 06:36 PM

Does FA20Club have any experience before our cars?

phloozy 01-16-2014 06:38 PM

wtf is going on with fa20club.....

Gaiseric 01-16-2014 06:44 PM

I dont think they every heard of or implemented anything called Quality Control. I wont feel sorry for anyone that still buys stuff from them, everyone on here has gotten more than enough warning.

Woode im glad you can fix it yourself, I would be scared to send it back because; 1. You probably wont get it back for a couple months and just get excuses and 2. You will probably get it back in the same condition anyway.

Unacceptable.

woode 01-16-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touge_ninja (Post 1456521)
holy hell, thats pretty lame. are you gonna take time to inspect every single weld on the kit? if the up pipe has this problem i would inspect everything he sent over.

Yes, I am.
The other one that is pretty bad that I didn't really take good picture of is the one that holds the up pipe together. It had about 50 pretty looking tack welds (why?) with ZERO penetration. The turbo sits atop this pipe and I can't imagine it holding for long. I re welded this as well.
The next weld that I think I am going to have to completely grind off and redo is the driver side exhaust flange on the turbo manifold. It is misaligned and cracked.. I don't think it would even bolt up to the car, and if it did - it would create some airflow issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaiseric (Post 1456645)
...I would be scared to send it back because; 1. You probably wont get it back for a couple months and just get excuses and 2. You will probably get it back in the same condition anyway.

Unacceptable.

This is precisely why I am just fixing it myself. I wouldn't see a refund or a replacement part for months if I was lucky. I can't even begin to describe how pissed off I am about the whole situation. I feel like I wasted thousands of dollars, but at this point I am just trying to fix it and move on.

To make matters worse, I have a tuning appointment scheduled for Tuesday morning so I am trying to fix everything and install the kit over the weekend.

Sportsguy83 01-16-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woode (Post 1456664)

To make matters worse, I have a tuning appointment scheduled for Tuesday morning so I am trying to fix everything and install the kit over the weekend.

Damn man. Hope you can make it!!

xjohnx 01-16-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woode (Post 1456664)

I hope your tuner tunes better than the guy who made your downpipe welds! ;)

I'd like for just once a project to go as planned. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Shit Luck 01-16-2014 07:16 PM

this isn't the first pile of shit welds from them...
there were some total shit welds on my fa20 club intake I received awhile back that I got a refund for.

of course I got two v2 ft86 speedfactory catbacks and both had some serious shit welds too.
there is a reason shops like evasive and jdl, rev works etc. do the work on the cars they do.

nelsmar 01-16-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 1456714)

I'd like for just once a project to go as planned. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

If he is using Toni p's fre tube that comes with the kit it us about the same quality as the welds. There is a reason the tune is free...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...c1_RvRCCcRtVQg

You should have seen it at partial throttle in boost... 15-17afr. :x

1stGenBRZ86 01-16-2014 08:52 PM

thank goodness I just placed an order with full blown...

s2d4 01-16-2014 09:04 PM

why bother fixing it? especially when half of it is beyond repair.

Send everything back and get a refund. Items not as described, done.

woode 01-16-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2d4 (Post 1456983)
why bother fixing it? especially when half of it is beyond repair.

Send everything back and get a refund. Items not as described, done.

I posted a few times why; he doesn't communicate. It would be MONTHS to get my refund. I am better off just fixing it and moving on. I tried to get a refund twice and gave up.. This is why this is all so frustrating. Hopefully nobody else makes the mistake of doing business with him.

woode 01-16-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 1456714)

I am having R\T Tuning in Pennsylvania tune the car next week. Nothing but good reviews of them, a friend recently had a good experience with them, and they have been helpful on the phone.