Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   New RPM Calibration TSB... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52979)

FRS Johnny 12-18-2013 05:15 PM

Went in today and they said they didn't have anything for it...

tunami 12-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRS Johnny (Post 1398625)
Went in today and they said they didn't have anything for it...

Did you go to power irvine?

FRS Johnny 12-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunami (Post 1398650)
Did you go to power irvine?

I went to toyota place in garden grove

FR-S Matt 12-19-2013 01:45 PM

Dammit, I think Toyota is installing this flash OVER my tune. I really hope they don't just perform TSB's without asking. Otherwise, I'll be driving home with a CEL most likely.

JB86'd 01-22-2014 02:00 PM

My build date is August 2013, and the last 7 of my vin are 9702001. I don't have any idle dip, but I'm not sure if my car has the previous ECU "fix" for the DI seal issue. (If anyone could direct me to where I can find affected vins please?)
Should I go get this reflash regardless?

strat61caster 01-22-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB86'd (Post 1471221)
My build date is August 2013, and the last 7 of my vin are 9702001. I don't have any idle dip, but I'm not sure if my car has the previous ECU "fix" for the DI seal issue. (If anyone could direct me to where I can find affected vins please?)
Should I go get this reflash regardless?

Affected VIN's are in the TSB above.

Scroll up, click on pdf file to download. Scroll down, in the middle of the page is the VIN numbers affected.

If your number is lower than the VIN's in the tsb then the service applies to you.

JB86'd 01-22-2014 03:47 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear @strat61caster , I know this TSB applies to my car. What I wanted direction to was the thread or TSB for the previous reflash claiming to fix the DI seal issue. I guess if I get this reflash I'll have it regardless.

strat61caster 01-22-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB86'd (Post 1471560)
Sorry if I wasn't clear @strat61caster , I know this TSB applies to my car. What I wanted direction to was the thread or TSB for the previous reflash claiming to fix the DI seal issue. I guess if I get this reflash I'll have it regardless.

My mistake.

If you go here:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21868

You'll see the recall for the BRZ, I believe that is the ONLY other reflash that was handed out for the Toyobaru. I seem to recall a Scion equivalant but I'm coming up short. This seems to be the strongest evidence I can find that it once existed (it didn't apply to my 12/12 built car).

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=25

That occurred late 2012, well before your August '13 build date and was before the DI issues became something to worry about.

JM'sFR-S562 01-23-2014 03:29 PM

how to add to tsb?

V_86 01-21-2015 10:50 PM

I've had this issue (no stalling) on my 2015 as well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.