Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Delicious Flash & GO Tunes for ALL FORCED INDUCTION Applications - Q&A (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75741)

DeliciousTuning 10-14-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadspool (Post 1981786)
PM'd

Responded.

DeliciousTuning 10-14-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddy (Post 1982482)
Bill, this sounds like a great option for me. I am looking at getting a Jackson Racing supercharger system.

How would this work if I got the JRC and say a ptuning header? Would you revise the initial tune you send me before I first install it, or get some data from me after I have it running?

One of my main concerns is not having any daily driving driveability issues. Based on your description I should not have any of these issues?

How much for a re-tune later, say if I get a header at a later time?

Also, do your tunes account for cold climate driving, like up here in MN?

Thanks!

Pat

Hi Pat,

We have our base Flash & Go map that works on anything. For revisions we can accommodate if you like for the header to see if we can get a little more out of it. For that we charge a small service fee for each revision.

http://www.delicioustuning.com/node/334

For something like that I would think back and forth about 2-3 times would refine the tune for fueling, and timing to be optimal for those headers.

Our tunes are designed for cold temperature down to about 10 degrees Fahrenheit right now. We have not tested much below that to be honest.

We are working on a new boost control setup to suite very cold to very hot conditions as this has the largest variance throughout the year.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

zoth 10-14-2014 03:54 PM

I always wondered, can you tweak some else's tunes (another master tuner) ?

Deadspool 10-14-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning (Post 1983704)
Hi Pat,

We have our base Flash & Go map that works on anything. For revisions we can accommodate if you like for the header to see if we can get a little more out of it. For that we charge a small service fee for each revision.

For something like that I would think back and forth about 2-3 times would refine the tune for fueling, and timing to be optimal for those headers.

Our tunes are designed for cold temperature down to about 10 degrees Fahrenheit right now. We have not tested much below that to be honest.

We are working on a new boost control setup to suite very cold to very hot conditions as this has the largest variance throughout the year.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

I can provide assistance with extreme cold weather logging. I will be driving my car through the winter in Edmonton, we will see temperatures lower than -35*c.

DeliciousTuning 10-14-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoth (Post 1983845)
I always wondered, can you tweak some else's tunes (another master tuner) ?

We can not. Usually they are locked and we do not tune other Master Tuner's tunes mainly being their are so many tables within the mapping process we could easily overlook something and have more problems then benefits. Just too many chances for errors.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

dabocx 10-15-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabocx (Post 1980099)
So revisions are less needed than other maps? I have a gtx28 right now with a 2.5 vatted exhaust let's say I jump up to a 3 inch catless setup, how much work needs to be done? Let's say I jump up to a gtx35 and more fuel, is it simple to change or is it going to take 30-40 revisions.

By any chance have you tuned a car with a gtx3567? Curious on your thoughts. Thank you for your time

/waves

fasteddy 10-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Hi Pat,

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Would I be safe with your tune in colder weather, say up to 20 below zero as the tune is now?

Also, are your tunes locked, or could I change things like the auto blip and other features in your tune once it is installed?

Thanks!

Pat

JoonPrime 10-15-2014 08:27 PM

PM'd

@Art_Mighty 10-15-2014 09:35 PM

Took the plunge...

I just finished my ordering my Flash and Go Tune to go with a shinny new AVO/Milltek setup. Can't wait...

NorCal_Guy 10-15-2014 09:43 PM

Thanks Bill for all your help, I made my order earlier today

@Art_Mighty 10-16-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

We are working on a new boost control setup to suite very cold to very hot conditions as this has the largest variance throughout the year...

So that brings up an interesting question. I live in Chicago and I need to drive this car year around. The winters here are brutal and we can experience below zero weather for days or weeks at a time. So that being said...

Will my "Infamous Performance EBC" that I just ordered allow for driving below 10 degrees Fahrenheit?

Will I need to avoid driving after my AVO/Delicious/Milltek install? How can I keep my engine safe if I have no choice and need to use the car in VERY cold weather.

How can I help? You'll have at least one car in a cold environment. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you test. (PM's are welcome! :thumbsup:)

Deadspool 10-16-2014 10:08 PM

Ordered my upgrade a few days ago. Interested to see the difference from 91 to 94 on the dyno at work.

DeliciousTuning 10-17-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddy (Post 1984756)
Thanks for the reply Bill.

Would I be safe with your tune in colder weather, say up to 20 below zero as the tune is now?

Also, are your tunes locked, or could I change things like the auto blip and other features in your tune once it is installed?

Thanks!

Pat

The tunes are locked but we do provide the option to change features as requested. Depending on the time to complete the change is the what the service price comes out to.

As for 20 degrees below. Well Southern California does not get that cold. LOL So the tune should work fne on pump fuel. On E85 that is another story.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

DeliciousTuning 10-17-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty (Post 1985693)
I just finished my ordering my Flash and Go Tune to go with a shinny new AVO/Milltek setup. Can't wait...

All orders have been mailed / emailed out as of this morning.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning