Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   People's Reaction to Your New FR-S (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6559)

kayhettin 05-19-2012 04:16 PM

yep, sure will, I'll see you there. Firestorm Red.

Exhaust 05-19-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civicdrivr (Post 218251)
Are you going to the meet tomorrow? Ill be there.

photos please!!!:drool:

Dadhawk 05-19-2012 04:56 PM

Reactions for me have been mixed like most folks.

There are a lot of folks that don't give it a second glance, but that's normal. Not everybody cares about cars. Heck that's the demographic that's kept Toyota in business in recent years, right?

I usually get a question or two in a parking lot if there's a lot of in/out traffic (like a convenience store). I've definitely gotten a lot of thumbs up from the import enthusiast crowds.

Most folks can't believe its as inexpensive as it is, when we talk. I've only met two people who even knew about the car, but that's no surprise since you would have to be an enthusiast to know about it at this point.

I definitely get the "boy in the backseat" dreamy stare when I pass someone who has a kid looking out the window.

I've also gotten a few "who are you kidding, Pops" stares since I'm in that age bracket. :)

Lonewolf 05-19-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 218290)

I've also gotten a few "who are you kidding, Pops" stares since I'm in that age bracket. :)

Pfffffffffffffffffft, haters...just mad they're stuck with their minivan or boring sedan. :D

Dadhawk 05-19-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf (Post 218310)
Pfffffffffffffffffft, haters...just mad they're stuck with their minivan or boring sedan. :D

Yea, I just smile back and give 'em the head nod. I ain't fooling anyone 'cause I just don't care!

I completely forgot to put in my favorite reaction.

Day after picking my car up I stopped by the Honda dealer where FiLBuzzard (Father in Law) works as a sales weazel. I pulled up right in front of the dealership parked in a customer spot, and walked in. By the time I came back out with him to show him the car, ever person in the dealership (sales, customers, etc) was standing outside checking out the car. Fortunately it was a partner dealership with the Toyota/Scion dealer or I think I might have been lynched! I spent 15 minutes answering questions about it, and showing it off before I decided I should probably leave before I took away all their customers!

civicdrivr 05-19-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayhettin (Post 218252)
yep, sure will, I'll see you there. Firestorm Red.

Sweet! Hopefully we get a chance to park next to each other.

viper_driver 05-19-2012 05:48 PM

If I saw one of you I'd stalk you all the way home. I've had one of these ordered for over 6 months and have still never even seen one in person!

Bristecom 05-19-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 218290)
Most folks can't believe its as inexpensive as it is, when we talk. I've only met two people who even knew about the car, but that's no surprise since you would have to be an enthusiast to know about it at this point.

I hate to sound like a poser but that's something I like about my Eclipse and this car. It has the looks to make people who don't know that much about cars to wonder if it is actually an extremely expensive supercar. It kind of makes you feel like a million bucks even though you probably make less than a lot of people around. :bellyroll:

And that's one good thing about the Scion logo IMO. Not everyone recognizes it. They may glance at the logo and think... what is that?? Whereas a Subaru or Toyota logo would be instantly recognizable by almost everyone.

Also, that is another reason why I want those LED/HID's and Alcantara/leather seats. No new expensive sports car comes with yellowish halogens and cheaper looking cloth seats. It's a dead giveaway that this car must be something cheaper.

But ironically, I don't really care what others think. I never bother to look at what other people are doing. However, I care and like I said, I want to feel like I've just purchased a supercar of sorts. Haha.

ngabdala 05-19-2012 06:02 PM

I went to check out a First-86 in ultramarine at my local dealer which had it on the showroom floor. About 20 people walked by the FR-S (it was in the way of the path to the exit/entrance) most didn't even look at it, some made eye contact with it for a second or two, and one person looked at it and as she walked by the driver side she continued to look at it as she passed the front of the car and she took off.

I hope this is what people do when I get my BRZ. I don't want people asking questions, giving compliments, or staring. I feel uncomfortable getting compliments on my possessions and I'd prefer to drive this car alone. It's my way of getting out of the real world and integrating myself with the car and road.

I suppose after awhile it will be great to have a beautiful girl in the car with me but for now I've been single for 4 days and I'm starting a new career on the 29th and I'm just loving life right now. Girls will always be there.

StuttterButtter 05-19-2012 06:13 PM

I saw a white FR-S (think its a guy on the forum) and i almost crashed :eyebulge:

Pekingduck 05-19-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevieray (Post 218026)
What kind of reactions have you received from people seeing your new FR-S?
What kind of questions? Do they take photos?

They take pictures and ask what kind of car it is.

blur 05-19-2012 07:27 PM

Enjoy the attention while it lasts, soon everyone is going to have one of these!

chate 05-19-2012 07:42 PM

"wow is that the new tC??"

I've tried to explain it to a couple people, and to other's i've said "yup" and kept driving :P

Most people dont even look twice, but thats the same as any car, most people just dont care about cars :shrug:

Moto-P 05-19-2012 09:41 PM

while driving my kid to the beach in my Scion FRS, a really young gentleman waves me down to stop... from a Porsche Carrera GT!!!!! He chased me from 2 blocks away, took a U turn, floored his Carrrera GT to redline to make me stop. I was like "Holy shit, what the hell was that??? And immediately saw a GT pulling in at Mach 2... SO I stopped to chat for 20 min. Totally COOL moment is him being more excited about this Scion FRS than me in many ways.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8162/7...89713e85_b.jpg
Carrera GT stopped me while I was driving my FRS by Moto@Club4AG, on Flickr

Also, a buddy lent me his Cayman on a separate occasion, in trade for my FRS for 30 mins. :D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/7...aa21ea17_b.jpg
Buddy lends me a Cayman in trade for my FRS by Moto@Club4AG, on Flickr

Please take note Toyota folks!!

The FRS/BRZ appeals not just to the 99%!!! It does sweep the heart of a the upper billionaire 1% just the same, or more!!!