Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   OpenFlash Tuning Tutorial: Crawford Billet Power Block Mapping changes (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71285)

Project_1796 09-19-2019 03:34 AM

Yes copy the table from 6000 row on advanced max a table, log and adjust

TheFox 06-12-2020 06:48 PM

Hey, any thoughts on my situation:

Have 2017 86 AT, installed billet blocks with the OFT tune that is edited based on Shiv's directions. 1000km later had coolant explode over engine bay and overheating occur. Blue coolant had turned green. Took to shop and they're suspecting a blown head gasket and want to tear apart the engine. Pressure test show a leak once engine warms up. The said they checked the water pump and radiator which are fine. What else could be the cause before this large repair.

Thank you.

tomm.brz 06-13-2020 04:32 AM

Shit happens
Difficult to say it was the tune since I have hard time thinking some knocks on NA can destroy this engine since the knock control
unless it was knocking like crazy and you didn t check with logs
So not much else to say

steve99 06-13-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFox (Post 3340619)
Hey, any thoughts on my situation:

Have 2017 86 AT, installed billet blocks with the OFT tune that is edited based on Shiv's directions. 1000km later had coolant explode over engine bay and overheating occur. Blue coolant had turned green. Took to shop and they're suspecting a blown head gasket and want to tear apart the engine. Pressure test show a leak once engine warms up. The said they checked the water pump and radiator which are fine. What else could be the cause before this large repair.

Thank you.


When those power blocks installed you needed to remove intake manifold and their is some coolant lines going to throttle body, maybe those got dislodged or damaged ?.


Unuual that blue coolant could turn green, unless Green coolant used to top up, mixing coolant types is not recomended If oil was in coolant it generally turns into sludgy mess.

TheFox 06-14-2020 07:28 PM

Thanks for the help everyone

Vicgbbjj 08-01-2020 09:58 PM

Hey Shiv, I just intalled the power blocks on my FR-S and now the car seems to be dying at idle. I have to give it gas upon turning the key to keep the car to even turn on. Do you know what might be the issue?

Lantanafrs2 08-01-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicgbbjj (Post 3354182)
Hey Shiv, I just intalled the power blocks on my FR-S and now the car seems to be dying at idle. I have to give it gas upon turning the key to keep the car to even turn on. Do you know what might be the issue?

Check your installation first. Vacuum leaks via pinched o rings or the vacuum tube that connects to back of manifold would be my first concern

_search 08-28-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabarts231 (Post 3166340)
I just installed my BPB, my current tune is V4.0.3 Stage 2+. I have the same question as Hiko. Should I modify my "knock correction advance Max A" as Shiv's instruction back to 2014 or just leave it as original map with BPB?
Timing Compensation Per Cylinder A/B are both set to 0 in V4.0.3. Should have no concern in this part.

Hey, did you end up modifying or leaving the map as it is? I'm also running V4.0.3 Stage 2+ and just pulled the trigger on some BPBs. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on "to tune or not to tune".

Wingnutt 03-11-2022 08:44 AM

Apologies for the Necro but I was wondering if there is still no suggested changes for E85 when running the BPBs?


Im runing the Stage 2+ E85 tune: Stg-2-Plus-E85-v4.03-LC-FSS-ZA1JB00C.

PulsarBeeerz 03-11-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingnutt (Post 3510030)
Apologies for the Necro but I was wondering if there is still no suggested changes for E85 when running the BPBs?


Im runing the Stage 2+ E85 tune: Stg-2-Plus-E85-v4.03-LC-FSS-ZA1JB00C.

They don't work well together. 949Racing tried it with Delicious tuning and they just are not compatible.

Wingnutt 03-11-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz (Post 3510075)
They don't work well together. 949Racing tried it with Delicious tuning and they just are not compatible.


"Not compatible". How do you mean? I'm running E85 with them (and the tune I listed) and have been for a while with no issues. Or do you mean there is just nothing to really gain by adjusting the tune?

PulsarBeeerz 03-11-2022 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingnutt (Post 3510133)
"Not compatible". How do you mean? I'm running E85 with them (and the tune I listed) and have been for a while with no issues. Or do you mean there is just nothing to really gain by adjusting the tune?

Oh sorry, yes nothing to be gained. Delicious tuning tried to get them to work with each other but they lose too much VE after 6500 where E85 really shines. Also I have seen a couple cases where E85 eats at the O-rings supplied by Crawford causing leaks.

BradH_NC 12-25-2022 12:58 PM

Is it necessary to edit the OFT tune?
 
If I install the Billet Power Blocks, do I necessarily need to edit the OFT tune? Or will the engine run well without editing the OFT tunes?

BradH_NC 12-28-2022 09:21 AM

Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradH_NC (Post 3561699)
If I install the Billet Power Blocks, do I necessarily need to edit the OFT tune? Or will the engine run well without editing the OFT tunes?

OpenFlash told me “ Yes it is safe but just not ideal for peak power.”

Hopefully this helps someone. It appears from the dyno graphs that editing the files will only make a few hp difference at 7000rpm. I don’t trust myself editing the file in Romraider, so I’m going to leave it alone.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.