Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Random Thoughts - Part III The Search for Spark (No Politics) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149034)

p1l0t 03-11-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3510149)
This morning I lined up to get PS5 bundle at the local Game Stop. 4 bundles were available. I was 5th in line… better luck next time

Sounds like the time my Fiancée and I waited in the mall for the lego Titanic (her hobby not mine) and were number 17... there were 15. We did get it like the next week but it sure was frustrating. Not as frustrating as trying to get gold in A-9!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tcoat 03-11-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3510169)
I might actually take that over a HMMWV depending on the situation.

I don't think that is what you think it is!

spcmafia 03-11-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3510159)
I would take them 1,000 times over what we had!
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxN...bUkr2/$_59.JPG

At least If I break down in the road I’ll look 1000 times cooler driving those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spcmafia 03-11-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3510149)
This morning I lined up to get PS5 bundle at the local Game Stop. 4 bundles were available. I was 5th in line… better luck next time

You should download Hotstock app on you phone and set an alert. Ill help you out to find one. Nowinstock.com will also send you alerts on you computer.

ichitaka05 03-11-2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3510203)
You should download Hotstock app on you phone and set an alert. Ill help you out to find one. Nowinstock.com will also send you alerts on you computer.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out

Tcoat 03-11-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3510201)
At least If I break down in the road I’ll look 1000 times cooler driving those.

No no you wouldn't. You would look like you found a big Tonka toy. Besides it would probably be upside down anyway.

You guys realize that isn't a Jeep right? They were what happens when the lowest bidder for the replacement of the old school Jeep is Ford. They sort of looked like a Jeep if they cut back on every single component.

Now these, that were replaced by the M151, were what a light utility vehicle should be! When they pulled these from service and "upgraded" to the suicide vehicles we were not impressed at all.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...t_%2712%29.jpg

soundman98 03-11-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3510032)
I understand that, my argument with him is that Cadillac and many other car makers are no longer as unique as people think they are across the board, with a few exceptions. Companies always seek for ways to save money, and people still buy into brand loyalty.

related/unrelated:

today, went to an ongoing project to make some changes to light fixture locations that had been measured, checked, verified, and approved originally, but are now suddenly in the 'wrong' locations.. got to cut up drywall in a nearly finished house for fun...

while there, the homeowner sees the painter grab a can of paint to start prepping for painting the trim. she flips out, and says

"THAT'S NOT BENJAMIN MOORE. i specifically told the contractor that the entire house needs to be painted with benjamin moore, and that's the only paint that can be used in the house. any other paint will chip and peel faster than you can cash your paycheck. and that's not benjamin moore paint!

mind you, this painter has about 20 years of experience, and to my knowledge has never had to go back to ever re-do any of his work... he kinda knows what he's doing...

brand loyalty is a hell of a drug.

soundman98 03-11-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3510033)
Subaru missed the opportunity to have a Boxer breed dog in the picture. 5/10

that would backfire on them. many people perceive boxers to be fighting dogs-- likely would turn into a "subaru supports dogfights!!" online protest.

Spuds 03-12-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3510214)
No no you wouldn't. You would look like you found a big Tonka toy. Besides it would probably be upside down anyway.

You guys realize that isn't a Jeep right? They were what happens when the lowest bidder for the replacement of the old school Jeep is Ford. They sort of looked like a Jeep if they cut back on every single component.

Now these, that were replaced by the M151, were what a light utility vehicle should be! When they pulled these from service and "upgraded" to the suicide vehicles we were not impressed at all.

Yes.

spcmafia 03-12-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3510214)

“Lowest Bidder”….. funny you should mention that. Because the HMMWV is exactly the result of that. Literally everything in the Army is about going to the lowest bidder.

Sapphireho 03-13-2022 01:46 AM

Where do they find the musical guests for Saturday Night Live? I couldn't find acts that shitty if I tried.

Captain Snooze 03-13-2022 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3510310)
Literally everything in the Army is about going to the lowest bidder.

A friend of mine spent some time at a US Base in (I think) Kuwait during the Iraq War. He said the food was barely recognizable as such.

soundman98 03-13-2022 09:50 AM

one of my coworkers has a Focus RS--about a year ago, traded his Focus ST in for it. horsepower addict. takes it to the local 1/4 mile occasionally and then brags about all the cars he beats... on the way back from the job the other day, we started talking about how he'd like to take it to some race tracks.

so i started talking how with our location, all the tracks are 3-4 hours minimum away, so even a single saturday event is really a 2.5/3-day haul with 2 hotel stays, pre-planning, and at that distance, really need to trailer the car in/out in case something stupid breaks.

then i said "well, you know a lot of track guys say to never take a car to the track you can live without, just in case you wreck it, as regular insurance doesn't cover any track incidents"

and he goes silent...

cjd 03-13-2022 11:57 AM

Is Autobahn that far from you? There are scca hpde events there (hopefully we'll get some evenings for tracksprints too).