Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2023 Cadillac Lyriq (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145138)

Dadhawk 11-22-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 3596873)
It's a nice vehicle. Almost everything GM puts out will be a downgradad."baby" version of this, and here is the aspirational model. For example the Buick Envista.

Haven't had a chance to watch yet but thanks for posting Munro does some pretty detailed teardown videos,

GM is doing upgraded versions of this too. The Escalade IQ is basically a next step up version of this, as will be the Suburban/Denali EVs I suspect.

Dadhawk 12-22-2023 01:04 PM

So recent news is the LYRIQ (along with the Blazer EV, the MachE and some other models) are losing the tax credit starting 01/01/2024. Apparently it's due to a "minor part" that puts them under the minimum percentage of the build.

GM claims they'll have it fixed in "early 2024" but in the interim they will cover the $7,500 at least on the LYRIQ. That makes sense given the number they have in lots waiting to ship.

So, at this point, I'm up to $13,500 off MSRP at the point of sale should mine ship.

It's been built and I have a VIN at this point.

Dadhawk 01-02-2024 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what showed up at the dealership today on a "surprise" delivery truck (dealer did not know it was coming in)... Decision points just got real... (dealer text photo).

FR-S2GT86 01-09-2024 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 3599416)
Look what showed up at the dealership today on a "surprise" delivery truck (dealer did not know it was coming in)... Decision points just got real... (dealer text photo).

Sorry to see you go, but in five years, (if this site is even still around) make sure to get back with us and let us know what kind of issues you have with the new ride. I know you put a lot of mileage on your cars and I am curious to find out if the normal problems that plague GM vehicles will be solved with electrification, or if any unforseen new problems will arise.

Dadhawk 01-09-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3599759)
Sorry to see you go, but in five years, (if this site is even still around) make sure to get back with us and let us know what kind of issues you have with the new ride. I know you put a lot of mileage on your cars and I am curious to find out if the normal problems that plague GM vehicles will be solved with electrification, or if any unforseen new problems will arise.

I'm not planning on going anywhere, still checking in daily, although not as frequently.

Most of the problems people have seen so far with the LYRIQ have been software issues. Those get worked out over time.

As far as GM, I may not be the best to judge since I have owned at least 4 GM vehicles that went well over 200K miles with no major issues. (2 Astros, 1 Suburban I still own, 1 Lumina LTZ)

Sasquachulator 05-24-2024 10:03 AM

So I've started seeing a bunch of these on the roads lately.
They don't really stand out as much as I thought they would.

I'm not a big fan of the front end (i like the older Caddy front ends better...these newer ones don't seem to give off the same "luxury car" vibe as the older ones do), and the back is pretty hideous.....I think Caddy needs to get away from that as their EV signature look...it doesnt look good imo.

Dadhawk 05-24-2024 10:43 AM

@Suasquachulator, fair enough on the looks. I happen to like it, but style is a personal decision.

The backend with the vertical "fins" makes me think of Caddies of old with their huge fins.

Overall, it looks like a "fat" station wagon to me, and I love me some station wagon/shooting brake.

As far as standing out, I've gotten a few comments, but not nearly as much as I did the first year with the Twin. It does blend into the environment unless you know what it is.

6,700 miles in with mine, I'm very happy with it. It will outrun a twin at least in a straight line, and between charging primarily at work and being able to charge free at home between 12am and 6am, the 6,700 miles has cost me about $.03 per mile in fuel. The FRS was around $0.09 per mile over its lifespan.

I loved the FRS, but it was starting to beat me to death and was aggravating my tinnitus. The Cadi does neither of those things

A