Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What did you do to your 2nd gen BRZ today? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147693)

DocWalt 04-01-2024 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3603470)
Bearing dead on a 2nd gen.. Mileage, lack of maintenace or failure of part?

"lack of maintenance" on a sealed part?

~18k miles and 400 autocross runs with wide sticky tires. "abuse" would be a good way to put it.

Pat 04-01-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelandjt (Post 3603525)
Got it shipped from my condo in Colorado at 10,000ft to my parents' house, where I'm living for a year, at sea level. I'd never driven it below 7,500ft. WOW it makes power down here. I need to recalibrate my foot because I'm lighting up the tires every time I turn out onto a road. Anyone who says this car is underpowered (at sea level) is living in the crazy modern world of overpowered everything and oblivious to speed limits. A blip of throttle in 3rd gear on a back road and I'm in go-to-jail territory.

Ha. I had the same experience when going to my parents' house at 700 feet. Wild. I'm hoping a header and tune will get me close to the sea level feeling after this race season.

nextcar 04-02-2024 05:43 PM

Over the weekend I installed Pedders tophats on the Trueno edition. Incredibly easy on this car, no need for a spring compressor!

Stonehorsw 04-07-2024 11:21 PM

Removed the sway bars, one of the end links will need to be replaced (rusty bolt). I will have to drive slowly until the links arrive to install new ones.

Stonehorsw 04-07-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextcar (Post 3603591)
Over the weekend I installed Pedders tophats on the Trueno edition. Incredibly easy on this car, no need for a spring compressor!

How did you do?

nextcar 04-07-2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehorsw (Post 3603859)
How did you do?

There is very little preload on the springs. If you remove the nut on the top of the struts whlie the car is on the ground and jack up the front end slowly, the tophats separate easily. You will have to remove one endlink to swaybar connection, then you can simply line up the strut with the new tophat and slowly lower the vehicle and start the top nut...

Stonehorsw 04-11-2024 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextcar (Post 3603861)
There is very little preload on the springs. If you remove the nut on the top of the struts whlie the car is on the ground and jack up the front end slowly, the tophats separate easily. You will have to remove one endlink to swaybar connection, then you can simply line up the strut with the new tophat and slowly lower the vehicle and start the top nut...

Thanks. I wish I knew before, competing the front sway bar change today.

Stonehorsw 04-26-2024 09:03 PM

Installed RCE sway bars. Front 20mm dia and rear 16mm dia.
Front on hardest and rear on middle.

Added camber bolts.

Now, need to take to a good alignment shop.

eyeballs 05-01-2024 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 3603537)
Ha. I had the same experience when going to my parents' house at 700 feet. Wild. I'm hoping a header and tune will get me close to the sea level feeling after this race season.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I had the exact same thought when I bought the car....just want to feel "stock sea level". I'm tuned on 91 with JDL EL header/OP/catted&resonated FP, and CSG 70mm touring catback. Intake charcoal filter removed with grimmspeed drop in filter. Granted I requested a conservative tune, but it really doesn't feel much quicker. Higher rev limit has been super handy though. If I had to do it again, I'd just get a tune and an axle-back.

On a brighter note, I finally moved on from the V601 to a 615k+ this season and somehow managed to drop nearly 2 full seconds on a 1 mile course. Insanity!