Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR BRZ TODAY? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10312)

turbocat 03-26-2013 04:11 PM

3M Di-noc
 
Decided to cover all the silver interior bits in 3M vinyl "Carbon" graphite color. Went really well and I like the color. It is a dark gray and looks good with the Trac/VSC buttons.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps8638c3e4.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psecf9248d.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps77f53d38.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps1b537931.jpg

sklimo 03-26-2013 04:20 PM

@turbocat That looks bad ass!!

Kyle106 03-26-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbocat (Post 819828)
Decided to cover all the silver interior bits in 3M vinyl "Carbon" graphite color. Went really well and I like the color. It is a dark gray and looks good with the Trac/VSC buttons.

How hard was it to get the wrap the vinyl around all the corners and edges to get that seamless look? Looks like it came out really well

turbocat 03-26-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle106 (Post 820072)
How hard was it to get the wrap the vinyl around all the corners and edges to get that seamless look? Looks like it came out really well

Not very hard all said and done. I used a standard hair dryer on normal setting. I laid the vinyl out on the piece to be covered (precut by me with minimum one inch on all edges/sides). Then smooth the larger areas up to the contours. With the hair dryer resting on a flat surface I work the vinyl on to the contours while allowing the hot air to soften the area I'm focusing on. I used my finger tips to do the smoothing and application. :thumbup:

The 3M stuff is very workable and can be pulled up a few times. The heat allows for a little stretch and really helped me work any bubbles or creases out.

NateKthx 03-26-2013 06:34 PM

Installed license plate LEDs and LED dome light

Myv 03-26-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbocat (Post 820114)
Not very hard all said and done. I used a standard hair dryer on normal setting. I laid the vinyl out on the piece to be covered (precut by me with minimum one inch on all edges/sides). Then smooth the larger areas up to the contours. With the hair dryer resting on a flat surface I work the vinyl on to the contours while allowing the hot air to soften the area I'm focusing on. I used my finger tips to do the smoothing and application. :thumbup:

The 3M stuff is very workable and can be pulled up a few times. The heat allows for a little stretch and really helped me work any bubbles or creases out.

How much did it cost you btw? It looks great :thumbsup:

DNAPoPo 03-26-2013 09:03 PM

Activated alarm and installed clear side markers.

DSOmegaX 03-26-2013 09:52 PM

Found a place for my badge of ownership

http://s13.postimg.org/7d7zvtnyv/Interior.jpg

turbocat 03-26-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myv (Post 820447)
How much did it cost you btw? It looks great :thumbsup:

Depending where you buy(google 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl). For the radio surround, passenger dash, shifter surround, and steering wheel trim... It was about 6 sqft. The prices range from $6-$8 a sqft. I bought bulk for a few projects. http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/3mcfsample.jpg

Myv 03-26-2013 10:19 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Adeets 03-26-2013 10:44 PM

Installed Rally armor mup flaps, Instant difference in the amount of shit being sprayed on my side panels... then again my drive way is 1/4 mile of gravel...

VTwinSuzuki 03-27-2013 02:36 AM

Placed the order. :)

Inextirpable 03-27-2013 02:39 PM

Got my baby all fixed up!

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...Z/IMG_0917.jpg
Before.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...BRZ/After2.jpg
After.

stat1 03-27-2013 02:48 PM

Installed my new Spyder LED tails :wub:

http://i.imgur.com/QsALYXY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5Y1Uopu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YARfQ13.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.