Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

fredzy 05-27-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcj (Post 3582323)
Glad to see the Alfa GTV on the list now.
May not be great in the game, but still glad. Because.

Yes! Must have car for me. I forgot all about that update coming. Will be out of town through next week so will be itching to try it. Hopefully I remember and get it before it leaves the dealership like the XJ220 did haha. God knows when that will come around again.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-29-2023 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet! 2nd place finish. Race before I got spun out on corner 2 down to last on the first lap. Clawed my way back to 5th. Haha

WolfpackS2k 05-30-2023 09:16 AM

This past weekend was a total washout in North Carolina. Friday - Monday were rainy and cool (10-20 degrees below average). Instead of pool and beach plans I spent my time...playing GT7 online every day with a few friends. We spent our time mostly on Road Atlanta, Spa, Nurburgring & Suzuka. Racing and tuning setups. Probably around 20 hours total for me, lol.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-30-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3582521)
This past weekend was a total washout in North Carolina. Friday - Monday were rainy and cool (10-20 degrees below average). Instead of pool and beach plans I spent my time...playing GT7 online every day with a few friends. We spent our time mostly on Road Atlanta, Spa, Nurburgring & Suzuka. Racing and tuning setups. Probably around 20 hours total for me, lol.

20 hours!? Dang. Haven't logged in that many hours over a weekend since the release. Lol

What cars were you guys using and tuning?

NoHaveMSG 05-30-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3582521)

Pretty much the greatest hits as far as tracks. I spend most of my time on those 4 even though I suck at Spa.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-30-2023 12:27 PM

That one long left turn at Spa gets me every time. I don't know how to take it just right, so I slow down way more than I should to take it without going off track. The same for Suzuka

WolfpackS2k 05-30-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3582523)
20 hours!? Dang. Haven't logged in that many hours over a weekend since the release. Lol

What cars were you guys using and tuning?

I was mostly tuning a few engine swapped cars I've got:
-Supra with Pagani Huarya/AMG V12
-F40 with Enzo engine - this one is pumping out 860 hp at 10,000 rpm:wub:
-Audi V8 swapped MR2
-V8 swapped E46 M3 (the BMW race engine)
-4 rotor FD RX-7 (I still do not have a good tune for this, if anyone has one - help!)
-Aventador V12 swapped Countach
-Rotary swapped Miata (so unstable)

Also worked on fine tuning a few "clones" I've made:
-C7 Corvette Grand Sport
-Cayman GT4 RS
-Viper ACR

And enjoying my new Vulcan purchase, lol.:confused0068:

Kaotic Lazagna 05-30-2023 03:20 PM

Haven't really used any engine swapped cars aside from the GR86. Maybe I'll try the 787FD. How modded did you have it?

WolfpackS2k 05-31-2023 09:45 AM

Front and rear downforce, chassis stiffening, widebody (and wider wheels/tires), full customized LSD, transmission, suspension, carbon brakes, race clutch. Don't believe I've done any weight reduction.

I cannot get the suspension set up well, and even with very tall gearing (80 in first, 120 in 2nd) the rear end easily breaks loose under acceleration. Currently driving the car on RH tires. I'd like it to be tuned well enough to be competent on SS tires.

I appreciate that people share their tunes online, but most of (all?) the tunes are for fully modded cars that are so far removed from the original cars that they're worthless for someone that leaves most items alone.

Kaotic Lazagna 05-31-2023 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3582616)
Front and rear downforce, chassis stiffening, widebody (and wider wheels/tires), full customized LSD, transmission, suspension, carbon brakes, race clutch. Don't believe I've done any weight reduction.

I cannot get the suspension set up well, and even with very tall gearing (80 in first, 120 in 2nd) the rear end easily breaks loose under acceleration. Currently driving the car on RH tires. I'd like it to be tuned well enough to be competent on SS tires.

I appreciate that people share their tunes online, but most of (all?) the tunes are for fully modded cars that are so far removed from the original cars that they're worthless for someone that leaves most items alone.

If I'm not too tired from work later, I'll set one up to those specs and see if I can tune it to be drivable. Got a specific track you want me to test on?

NoHaveMSG 05-31-2023 11:11 AM

The TT challenge at Autopolis in the SF23 was pretty tough. I attempted it for the first time last night and spent a couple hours in it. Wanted a gold and came super close but kept crashing. Settled on 1:24.6XX. I have not desire to try the one at Willow Springs. Screw that track.

WolfpackS2k 05-31-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 3582619)
If I'm not too tired from work later, I'll set one up to those specs and see if I can tune it to be drivable. Got a specific track you want me to test on?

Spa seems to be a pretty good track for tuning cars IMO. Very well rounded mix of high speed, low speed and abrupt elevation change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3582632)
The TT challenge at Autopolis in the SF23 was pretty tough. I attempted it for the first time last night and spent a couple hours in it. Wanted a gold and came super close but kept crashing. Settled on 1:24.6XX. I have not desire to try the one at Willow Springs. Screw that track.

I need to attempt that Autopolis one before it expires. Get some "free" credits. I feel the same as you for the WS one, but will do it as well.

NoHaveMSG 05-31-2023 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3582637)

I need to attempt that Autopolis one before it expires. Get some "free" credits. I feel the same as you for the WS one, but will do it as well.

It's a tough one, I am pretty sure I can gold it if I had another hour or two to mess around on it. I am at the point I keep going negative delta but will crash :suicide:

Kaotic Lazagna 05-31-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3582632)

I was happy with just getting a bronze with that SF23. I can't drive formula cars.