follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 30 of 402
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Icecreamtruk
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 01-03-2023, 10:32 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,812
Posted By Icecreamtruk
ESR makes the SR07 and a few other models in...

ESR makes the SR07 and a few other models in 18x10.5 +22 (on 5x100). Its the last available size on the list. Its what I've run on the rears for a season now and they hold up fine for me, including a...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 12-14-2022, 12:57 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 4,362
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Sounds like you are trailing too hard (too much...

Sounds like you are trailing too hard (too much pressure, too much steering angle) or the electronic aids are blocking you off, are you on track mode or pedal dance (either works)?
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 12-14-2022, 10:32 AM
Replies: 29
Views: 4,362
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Sounds like a driver problem. Your setup isnt...

Sounds like a driver problem. Your setup isnt exactly the best (assuming you have stock springs since you didnt mention ratios) but you should be able to get the car to rotate more than enough with...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 08-15-2022, 01:41 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 2,786
Posted By Icecreamtruk
I find that to be the easy part. It takes me...

I find that to be the easy part. It takes me about a week to build a splitter (between the design, cutting and sanding the core, layup layers + dry time and then surface finish), but I can mount it...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 07-20-2022, 02:42 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,910
Posted By Icecreamtruk
The extreme contact is an enduro tire. A bit...

The extreme contact is an enduro tire. A bit faster than an RS4 but similar durability. Way off pace for time trials vs the hot stuff 200tw.
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 07-19-2022, 09:53 PM
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Yeah CRS is about the same as CR1 and your...

Yeah CRS is about the same as CR1 and your laptimes and guesses about it vs the yoko a052 have been the similar to mine.
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 07-19-2022, 04:26 PM
Posted By Icecreamtruk
CRS are pretty darn good and require a similar...

CRS are pretty darn good and require a similar setup to the yokos. Give them a try.
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 06-28-2022, 09:14 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 6,187
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Nice, post your findings if you dont mind. Im...

Nice, post your findings if you dont mind. Im curious to see if theory meets reality in this case.
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 06-27-2022, 12:43 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 6,187
Posted By Icecreamtruk
You have a relatively soft sprung car on sticky...

You have a relatively soft sprung car on sticky A052 tires. There will be a lot of roll and A052 naturally love lots of camber. With taht setup, I bet the perfect alignment up front would be around...
Forum: Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 06-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 757
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Thanks again, they came thru with the right...

Thanks again, they came thru with the right information right away! Im going to post it here, so others may find it as well.

So race kit for C42 for our cars is part number: 87.827.00EW.R7.
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 06-09-2022, 12:57 PM
Replies: 73
Views: 9,101
Posted By Icecreamtruk
lol exactly. "I was just cruising at 50mph on the...

lol exactly. "I was just cruising at 50mph on the highway", in second gear, sure you were cruising...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 05-31-2022, 01:55 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 3,527
Posted By Icecreamtruk
If it helps, when I went the moderate aero route...

If it helps, when I went the moderate aero route (5" splitter with tunnels, APR GTC200 wing and flat floor), my 6k front and 8k rear spring rate was also not sufficient. Going up to 12k all around...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 05-30-2022, 11:23 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 3,527
Posted By Icecreamtruk
I'd agree with most people here, leave aero for...

I'd agree with most people here, leave aero for after you have good car control and are able to extract more performance out of the car. But a lot of people are underestimating how much downforce...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 05-26-2022, 03:03 PM
Replies: 73
Views: 9,101
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Maintenance is why engines brake most of the time...

Maintenance is why engines brake most of the time actually. All of the blown ones I've seen is from people going to the track on old oil, like 4-5 months old oil with several track days in between....
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 04-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Replies: 28
Views: 4,619
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Maybe if you are running on foot I could see the...

Maybe if you are running on foot I could see the costs of 100$/day, otherwise, thats some mental gymnastics you got there.

Also, boosted 86 for half the price of the c8? Not for the track, for...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 04-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 809
Posted By Icecreamtruk
That fking blows, we had one of our dates changed...

That fking blows, we had one of our dates changed like that a couple of years back (and one time they just got there while we were already running and straight up stopped us to just go do some parade...
Forum: Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 03-28-2022, 12:18 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 3,907
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Unless the pan is actually cooler than the air...

Unless the pan is actually cooler than the air around it, you are doing more harm than good insulating it. So unless your headers are unwrapped and/or uncoated and almost touching the pan, I think it...
Forum: Engine Swaps 02-17-2022, 12:41 PM
Replies: 1,756
Views: 232,759
Posted By Icecreamtruk
I have nothing concrete to add here but I see a...

I have nothing concrete to add here but I see a lot of incomplete information floating around and I've had to chase my faire share of vibrations on my ls swap.

So people seem to be mixing in...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 02-15-2022, 01:59 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 897
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Like most safety warnings, they have a big margin...

Like most safety warnings, they have a big margin of what I call bullshit. Yes its not ideal for summer tires to work on cold temperatures, but they are not going to magically explode.

For...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 01-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,656
Posted By Icecreamtruk
For what its worth. If you do a half cage now but...

For what its worth. If you do a half cage now but later on decide to take on a series that requires you to have a full cage, it will not be possible to "convert" to a full cage, that half cage needs...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 12-10-2021, 10:11 AM
Replies: 59
Views: 13,588
Posted By Icecreamtruk
For what its worth, I run the EPS with its...

For what its worth, I run the EPS with its control module as a "standalone" on my LS swap. I just give it power and nothing else and its working at 100% strength all the time. After a year of testing...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 11-07-2021, 04:04 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,133
Posted By Icecreamtruk
You dont need to do anything, leave the cooler...

You dont need to do anything, leave the cooler be. You dont need a block off plate, you dont need anything else just use the car. Around 70k miles, 20k of which are track only, 4 winters, 3 of which...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 10-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,582
Posted By Icecreamtruk
My reason for moving to 18s on my next set....

My reason for moving to 18s on my next set. Wheels are consumables at the track (they wear down and end up bending or craking with heat and offtrack excursions). Its getting harder and harder to get...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 10-09-2021, 02:03 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 5,755
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Ever heard of duct tap, or gorilla tape or any of...

Ever heard of duct tap, or gorilla tape or any of those? They work very well for this kind of thing. Even if the splitter is "touching" the bottom of the bumper, that is not a sealed surface, and no...
Forum: Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 10-06-2021, 09:00 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 4,412
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Bottom line, you can run less static camber with...

Bottom line, you can run less static camber with a properly designed double wishbone suspension. You always need to run ridiculous high static camber with a mcpherson strut. The real advantage of the...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 09-04-2021, 10:39 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,303
Posted By Icecreamtruk
The very first lap (after the outlap) on sticker...

The very first lap (after the outlap) on sticker yokos is magic. Save it for the time trial. Also, send it, hard, while the feeling on the yokos is a bit vague, you do need good slip angle on them to...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 09-03-2021, 09:34 PM
Replies: 28
Views: 4,777
Posted By Icecreamtruk
As a drop of extra info. I removed my ducts when...

As a drop of extra info. I removed my ducts when I went to a BBK setup. My discs were cracking by the time I got to replace my pads on OEM size, I didnt want to risk the more expensive 2 piece rotors...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 08-29-2021, 05:01 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 5,755
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Dont get too hung up on reducing drag to the...

Dont get too hung up on reducing drag to the point where you are sacrificing downforce. Up to a certain point, more downforce is always good, that point isnt a small splitter and little lip on the...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 08-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Views: 8,292
Posted By Icecreamtruk
Yeah I also like the "relaxed" approach of TT....

Yeah I also like the "relaxed" approach of TT. But to counter a bit the point of why compete if you arent in it to win it. Simple, you like wheel to wheel action. You enjoy the thrill, whether it is...
Forum: Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 08-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Views: 8,292
Posted By Icecreamtruk
While you are not wrong, I dont think thats the...

While you are not wrong, I dont think thats the vision to have. Some people use their money and time traveling, some people use their money and time partying up, some people like to save to retire...
Showing results 1 to 30 of 402