follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 28 of 28
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: TheRealBFKR
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 04-28-2021, 02:32 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,323
Posted By KMA KiCKz
Watch some tutorials on youtube to get an idea of...

Watch some tutorials on youtube to get an idea of what to do.

Take your time.

Use appropriate tools for easy removal and to prevent any unwanted broken tabs/clips.

Before putting the bumper...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 04-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Views: 2,323
Posted By MrSkubi
Get a friend and try pulling gently towards you...

Get a friend and try pulling gently towards you simultaneously starting from corners close to sidemarkers. It will probably try to pop off at once so go really slow on it . I've had mine (2017) off...
Forum: Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 08-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,006
Posted By SmoothIsSlow
Thanks! Chuckable is 2-3 mm of clearance safe...

Thanks! Chuckable is 2-3 mm of clearance safe enough to track with?
Forum: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 11-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Views: 1,979
Posted By humfrz
Oh, I hope his car has the new valve springs -...

Oh, I hope his car has the new valve springs - :iono:

humfrz
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 11-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,039
Posted By DarkSideFRS
i have brand new JDM clear ones if u're interested

i have brand new JDM clear ones if u're interested
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 11-13-2018, 02:21 AM
Posted By humfrz
I had one pop out on mrs humfrz's car (tab...

I had one pop out on mrs humfrz's car (tab broke). I just glued it back in place. So far, so good, after 2 years -:thumbsup:

humfrz
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 11-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Posted By sharpsicle
A new one should be fine, until it pops out and...

A new one should be fine, until it pops out and breaks the tab again from something else.

The mounting tabs are by no means durable. Don't be surprised to come across this again.
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Replies: 41
Views: 8,377
Posted By brandonblt2
Didn't see that he had a body shop do work on...

Didn't see that he had a body shop do work on that repair. Personally I would just fix it myself but I've done similar work before.

But yea I would just have it resprayed by a professional if...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Posted By Tcoat
https://media.giphy.com/media/7SWL6FPNsUP9oAPmJh/g...

https://media.giphy.com/media/7SWL6FPNsUP9oAPmJh/giphy.gif...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Posted By Summerwolf
A) he buffed through the clearcoat by hand. ...

A) he buffed through the clearcoat by hand.

B) he has already had a body shop fix it and now has issues with the fix.

C) too
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Posted By brandonblt2
I would get a 2 part clearcoat like USC Spray Max...

I would get a 2 part clearcoat like USC Spray Max 2k clearcoat spray paint. Prep the surface by cleaning it, mask the surrounding area adding an additional 6 inches outside the work area so you can...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,383
Posted By spitfire481
sorry i missed your last PM. that is seam sealer....

sorry i missed your last PM. that is seam sealer. it is applied to the primed body before it is painted. if you peel it off, it has to be re applied then painted over. even after doing this for...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 10-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Posted By atomicalex
No, lead has nothing to do with it. Water-base...

No, lead has nothing to do with it. Water-base has a little bit to do with it, but there is a bigger contributor.

<-- currently working as an engineer in the paint industry

The problem is the...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-30-2018, 11:25 PM
Posted By humfrz
I suggest you clean the dirt out with a soft...

I suggest you clean the dirt out with a soft brush, then fill up the hard edge with wax, wipe off the excess.

:)

humfrz
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Posted By MCTeeJ
It came off when I rolled my rear quarter panels,...

It came off when I rolled my rear quarter panels, but I'm with the other guys, you're thinking too far into it.
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Posted By Ultramaroon
Great job with the recovery. I'm with humfrz. ...

Great job with the recovery. I'm with humfrz. You good.
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-30-2018, 03:28 PM
Posted By humfrz
TheRealBFKR, I'm ah feared that you are waaaay...

TheRealBFKR, I'm ah feared that you are waaaay over analyzing this situation - :sigh:

I'd suggest you just leave it alone.

When you get out here to the PNW, ain't nobody gonna notice and if you...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,823
Posted By humfrz
Oh, that will be a nice road trip! Have fun...

Oh, that will be a nice road trip!

Have fun and be safe.

humfrz
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-18-2018, 01:37 AM
Posted By humfrz
No I don't. I'm fortunate that I have lived in...

No I don't. I'm fortunate that I have lived in the area for 25 years and never had to have any auto body work done.

I'd suggest you contact some of the auto clubs around here for a reference.
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-17-2018, 03:06 AM
Posted By Mr.ac
Lol sorry. It's just comical about your...

Lol sorry. It's just comical about your situation.

I can't really say how much, cause I don't know how bad it is. But most body shops will try and sell you on painting the whole side so they can...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Posted By Breadman
so go down to the plastic in a square, mask,...

so go down to the plastic in a square, mask, primer, light sand, remove the mask and move it out a bit, 2 coat the wrb, sand, remove the mask, feather in the clear coat, high grit polish, medium grit...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Posted By GrantedTaken
I'm convinced you had a paint defect from the...

I'm convinced you had a paint defect from the factory.
As summerwolf said, 1000's of people have compounded/polished their 86 without this issue.
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Posted By Ganthrithor
Keep buffing until all the paint is off the car,...

Keep buffing until all the paint is off the car, then send it somewhere to have actual paint put on it. The paint on these things is unbelievably shitty: I've never seen anything like it on any other...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Posted By Breadman
just mask around it, spray it, and blend it in...

just mask around it, spray it, and blend it in with some polish. after a wax it will look fine
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Posted By GrantedTaken
Maybe the clear coat was already damaged and...

Maybe the clear coat was already damaged and that's why he had the Green spot in the first place?
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Posted By COBlue
I discovered Magic Eraser (which I've seen...

I discovered Magic Eraser (which I've seen recommended many times) will "buff" to a nice haze too (although at least not through clear coat).
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Posted By Seiryuu
Great, so we can't even thoroughly detail our...

Great, so we can't even thoroughly detail our cars when it inevitably turns to swirly city from years of usage.

That sucks man. Since it is brand new, better throw a clear bra on the entire...
Forum: Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 09-16-2018, 12:43 PM
Posted By GrantedTaken
Just leave it alone and save your money. There...

Just leave it alone and save your money.
There is risk in respraying the whole thing.

What about spraying clear in that general area
and wet sanding and buffing it?
Showing results 1 to 28 of 28