follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Icecreamtruk

Conversation Between Icecreamtruk and rexchen31
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Icecreamtruk
    04-03-2018 02:40 PM
    Icecreamtruk
    (part 2)
    Here are the infos required on what the problem is, how to fix it, and why is it happening.

Isssue being described:
    http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/...ve-cracked-it/

What to do:
    https://www.jackstransmissions.com/p...kills-synchros

Video for clutch adjustment (generic, not ft86 specific):
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vYJxQyjIhUw"]Proper Clutch Adjustment - YouTube[/ame]

Optionnaly, you could take the car to a mechanic that knows what he is doing and have him adjust it. Dont take it to a dealer, the stock adjustment is wrong and they will just do it by the manual, and get it wrong again. Like it will feel ok for a few days and then it will slowly go back to what it was.

My car is getting a cage built right now, but it is on my todo list to fix the clutch before the season starts (first track day is the 29th). If you want to wait until then I can tell you if it worked or not for me.
  2. Icecreamtruk
    04-03-2018 02:39 PM
    Icecreamtruk
    Hi there, I figured out what it is and how to fix it but havent gotten around to it. Basically it is clutch drag. When cold, there is more clearance but as it heats up, it drags. If you want to confirm it is, when it is locking you out of first, put the car on a flat surface, clutch in and try to engage first, just keep presure agaisnt the gate without the brakes on, and the car will move forwards slowly.

I know you changed the clutch, I did so as well hoping that would be the fix but it wasnt. The problem is the adjustment on the master cylinder brace. Basically, you need to ajust it so that you can push the fork farther, which is done by readjusting the master cilinder adjustement rod inside the car (not the pedal adjustment one) to allow for maximum travel of the cylinder. (message too long, see the following message).
  3. rexchen31
    04-03-2018 02:13 PM
    rexchen31
    HI There,

I heard you are having a issue going to 1st gear once car was warmed up. do you have any solution? have you fix urs yet? I have the same issues when the car is cold, it shifts so smooth but when it's hot, it locked me from 1st gear(ALL Gears too)when fully stop.
    Im running ACT XTSS LWFW clutch for 3 months issues happened like a months ago.

THANKS