follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Tcoat

Conversation Between Tcoat and Ajmitchell.ORL
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Ajmitchell.ORL
    02-13-2020 02:27 PM
    Ajmitchell.ORL
    Thanks for the info! must have misread but i appreciate the advice
  2. Tcoat
    02-13-2020 08:15 AM
    Tcoat
    You may have misread something since I have never had a Varris hood. However... If I ever ran with a carbon fiber or fiberglass hood I would probably run pins. I would also make sure that the latch was perfectly adjusted so there was no movement at speed or excessive force needed to close it.
    I have seen about 10 Twins with various different fiber hoods and over half of them had some sort of cracks or visible stress marks from not being adjusted right or flopping around in the wind.
  3. Ajmitchell.ORL
    02-13-2020 07:06 AM
    Ajmitchell.ORL
    Hey There,
    I came across a Post where you were discussing hood fitment, and you also stated you were running a Varris hood with standard hood latch only? did you find that to be adequate for highway speeds? i recently received mine and i am debating hood pins at the moment. let me know!