follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > CSG Mike

Conversation Between CSG Mike and RedLeader
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. CSG Mike
    06-23-2013 02:28 PM
    CSG Mike
    Slotted rotors wont help with cooling. You need to get ducting and/or a big brake kit.

If they're still glowing, you really should be doing some cooldown...
  2. RedLeader
    06-23-2013 04:02 AM
    RedLeader
    Alright Mike, you routinely track your FRS/BRZ, so I have a brake question for you: I'm running DS2500 front pads on stock rotors and at the last track day here (we use a kart racing track), my rotor temps were over 1000 degrees once I got off the track. Admittedly, the track is very brake intensive and there's very little time between corners to allow them to cool normally. My question is: do I fab up some sort of brake ducting, or would slotted rotors be enough to help the heat problem? I wish one of my coworkers watching from the bleachers had taken a picture of my front rotors apparently glowing a bright orange, they were still glowing when my session was over and I'd parked the car.