follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
einrejosh

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
White Comet of Union City

Just to start this off my name's EJ. I kept my car stock until about January this year. I'm just going to keep a documentary of my car here, never really wanted to cause of how people can get flamed on as seen from other posts. But in the end its my car and I do what I want to it. But other than that, this is my car. Love it, hate it, in the end you're still looking at it.

Now, what do I do with my car? Well first off, its my daily, I drive it a lot, but since I just helped my Girlfriend buy a daily civic, I shouldn't have to drive it as often. But when I do I touge with a couple friends in some local areas. (e.g Skyline, Redwood, Calaveras, Grizzly, Pinehurst, Highway 8, Wildcat, Santa Cruz) You can say my car is pretty low, but its still a good height imo.

Oh, and why the name White Comet? A lot of white FRS in the Bay Area, so I just wanna be different in a way. (Even if my future 'mods' seem pretty generic) I like the name, I think it fits. I was thinking of something cool and funny like the White Tortoise since we're supposedly slow. (I say supposedly because I can from a civic so, my FRS is faster than something) but yea.

Also, if you live in the Bay Area, especially Union City, Hayward or Fremont, you've probably seen me before, feel free to say hi.

Personal IG: ejinieto
Car IG: the.whitecomet
(I have two cause my girlfriend to car ratio is more car[words from my girlfriend])

- Current 'mods'
* Future 'mods'

Suspension
-Fortune Auto 500's (7K/8K)
-Stance lower control arms
-Eccentric camber bolts

*Cusco Power Braces
*Raceseng Caster adjustable top hats

Wheels & Tires
-Yokohama YK580's 245/40-17 (spares)
-Enkei RPF1's 17x9.5 +38
-Pilot Super Sports 245/40-17 (Current tire)

Brakes
-Stoptech SS braided lines
-Hawk HP+ pads (front and rear)
-Motul RBF600 DOT4 brake fluid

Lighting & Exterior
-LED switch backs
-LED DRL's
-LED MOAB Headlights
-C-West Front Half Lip
-C-West Side Skirts
-Ebay Rear Aprons
-Stivo rear duckbill
-Black headlights (spray paint DIY)

Exhaust
-OpenFlash UEL Headers
-Berk Catless Front Pipe
-DC Sports Front pipe (Gone)
-Nameless muffled single exit track pipe
-Motiv Concepts Overpipe

Engine
-Open Flash Tablet
(Everyone should buy this) (Will post in lastest 'reply')
-Supertek intake piping and filter (ft86speedfactory)
-Radium Dual Catch Cans

Thanks for giving me a look. Ask me any questions.

Last edited by einrejosh; 04-11-2016 at 07:23 PM.
einrejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to einrejosh For This Useful Post:
jcygts6 (05-29-2015), NemesisPrime909 (05-22-2015), sftateofmind (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
sftateofmind
Evening Primrose

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
When do you run the local back roads? I'm out on weekends and have yet to see a twin =(
sftateofmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
einrejosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftateofmind View Post
When do you run the local back roads? I'm out on weekends and have yet to see a twin =(
I used to go only twice a month, but now that schools over I should be going at least once a week. Still in need to do some R&D on what settings I should be running on my coils. So far 12/15 is nice. But yeah I usually run weekends around 11 pm if not then during the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to einrejosh For This Useful Post:
sftateofmind (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
sftateofmind
Evening Primrose

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Garage
Word! I may see you out then!
sftateofmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by einrejosh View Post
Just to start this off my name's EJ. I kept my car stock until about January this year. I'm just going to keep a documentary of my car here, never really wanted to cause of how people can get flamed on as seen from other posts. But in the end its my car and I do what I want to it. But other than that, this is my car. Love it, hate it, in the end you're still looking at it.

Oh, and why the name White Comet? A lot of white FRS in the Bay Area, so I just wanna be different in a way. (Even if my future 'mods' seem pretty generic) I like the name, I think it fits. I was thinking of something cool and funny like the White Tortoise since we're supposedly slow. (I say supposedly because I can from a civic so, my FRS is faster than something) but yea.
First off, Welcome to the forums

Secondly, Don't worry about flaming too much, most of that is reserved for the people who keep posting the click-bait rumors about either the twins getting discontinued, or a supposed power increase(FI) which always seems to be a year away.

Thirdly, be careful with that name, because you're not the first one to use it. Some people might think you're trying too hard to be like a certain other White Comet.

and they hate that series for some reason.

Though I will say White Tortoise had me laughing.

either way man, i wish you the best and all this rain we've been getting in OK, lord knows y'all in CA need it more than we do.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
einrejosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
First off, Welcome to the forums

Secondly, Don't worry about flaming too much, most of that is reserved for the people who keep posting the click-bait rumors about either the twins getting discontinued, or a supposed power increase(FI) which always seems to be a year away.

Thirdly, be careful with that name, because you're not the first one to use it. Some people might think you're trying too hard to be like a certain other White Comet.

Though I will say White Tortoise had me laughing.

either way man, i wish you the best and all this rain we've been getting in OK, lord knows y'all in CA need it more than we do.
Yeah man, I know I've watched Initial D like 4 times lol. I just wanted to be tied with my town, just as The White Comet...of Union City, just because there's probably a lot out there. And yeah, the White Tortoise fits pretty well with the FRS, until you're FI. And I'm excited for rain, I'll just put my stockies back on, on the rear lmao
Old 05-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
einrejosh

Stock Height

LED's Installed

Picture of the Coilovers and Lower Control Arms before install

First day with wheels and suspension

After not driving it for a week because of school, finally got it aligned

Old 05-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
veck

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Hi white comet, we usually have our weekly meet at union city tapex during sundays. Also, you could join the norcal86 bay area facebook page for some quick updates.
veck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to veck For This Useful Post:
einrejosh (05-26-2015)
Old 05-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
einrejosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by veck View Post
Hi white comet, we usually have our weekly meet at union city tapex during sundays. Also, you could join the norcal86 bay area facebook page for some quick updates.
Thanks, I don't use facebook that much, but i'll give it a look. Around what time do you guys usually meet? I live pretty close to the Tap on Decoto.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #10
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
My buddies and I are all on YK580s also.

Not sure how that happened.

How do you like them?
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #11
einrejosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
My buddies and I are all on YK580s also.

Not sure how that happened.

How do you like them?
They're alright, when they're cold they're a little stuff, but once they get warmed up they are actually pretty decent. I feel a lot more grip than stock but that's probably just because of me running 245/40-17's. But overall they're a good tire for their price, and considering I work at Americas Tire I got a pretty good deal, but yeah, forsure looking forward to having Michilen PSS after these.

Do you have them on your 86? Or another car?
NWFRS (05-26-2015)
Old 05-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #12
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I have them on the 86.

But I'm on 16x7.5" wheels, and my 580s are 225/50-16, which changes the feel completely. It's hard for me to be objective about tires, so I was interested in your opinion. I just wanted something that would perform in the rain, and hopefully make the car feel a little smoother and quieter. I'm really not up on my tires. The cars I've owned have all handled so different from one another that it's awfully hard for me to separate the tires, and I've never done a track day. I think I just missed that squishy sidewall feel.
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #13
einrejosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
I have them on the 86.

But I'm on 16x7.5" wheels, and my 580s are 225/50-16, which changes the feel completely. It's hard for me to be objective about tires, so I was interested in your opinion. I just wanted something that would perform in the rain, and hopefully make the car feel a little smoother and quieter. I'm really not up on my tires. The cars I've owned have all handled so different from one another that it's awfully hard for me to separate the tires, and I've never done a track day. I think I just missed that squishy sidewall feel.
Ah okay so you have 16's. Well since your YK580's are a 50 series it's actually a different rated tire. When the tires are 45 series and lower it's a W-rated tire which for the most part handles higher speeds and has some better characteristics simply because it can handle more. Now that your tire is a 50 series it is actually a V-rated tire, which doesn't have such a high speed rating as a W-rated but is still higher nonetheless. Overall YK580's are a good tire, but the better ones would be any YK580 that is W-rated(this coming from first hand experience and from recommendations from co-workers).

Overall in your next tire selection go for Michilen PSS, you should notice a greater difference in handling and grip simply because it has a better compound, a more performance oriented tread pattern (summer performance tire), and higher speed rating.

As for those squishy sidewalks I think you're talking about those hankook RS3's. Great track tire, but super squishy. My coworker who ran them would run max PSI on them to use them to the fullest(~44psi). These tires are still good, but if your not on the track ever second you're driving the car with these on, then you're wasting the tire and your money. Better off with the PSS, simply because it is the best street/track tire out right now(my words, with research and knowledge from others who drive with PSS)
NWFRS (05-26-2015)
Old 05-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #14
einrejosh

The reason I went with the C-West kit was because I broke my old kit. I was running the HT Autos replica front, sides, and rear aprons. (Basically an ebay kit) And my car was fairly low, and I hit a bump on Redwood Rd. Apparently I ripped it off and it broke into three pieces, and I didn't notice until I got to the very end to just do a quick inspection before I turn back.

Long story short, ebay product + lowered car = broken ebay product. But yeah, I still have my rear aprons, and i sold my side skirts to my co-worker.

When I pulled over at the end

My Lip untouched on the road

The Bump

Some Final Pics before I left Redwood