follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
FTEIGHTYSIX
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J
 
Spaceywilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: 2002 WRX
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 361
Thanked 701 Times in 231 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2014 BRZ orders open 6/3/13

Just a heads up to anyone planning on ordering a BRZ soon, the 2014 model is going on sale in June, production begins in October.

PHP Code:
                       2013 Cutoff    2014 Order   Tentative 2014 Model 
                                      Open         First Delivery
 Forester                9
/14/2012    2/4/2012     4/30/2013
 Impreza 
(non-PZEV)      4/26/2013    6/3/2013     9/30/2013
 Legacy w
/"01" Option    2/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Legacy w
/"02" Option    3/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Outback w
/"01" Option   2/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Outback w
/"02" Option   3/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Tribeca                 4
/26/2012    6/17/2013    9/30/2013
 XV Crosstrek               N
/A       6/3/2013    10/31/2013
 XV Crosstrek Hybrid        N
/A       8/5/2013    12/21/2013
 BRZ                        N
/A       6/3/2013    10/31/2013 
http://www.businessfleet.com/Channel...x?prestitial=1
__________________

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.

Last edited by Spaceywilly; 03-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Spaceywilly For This Useful Post:
86X86 (03-05-2013), Bonburner (03-17-2013), Bristecom (03-05-2013), DNAPoPo (03-05-2013), Fly Guy (03-09-2013), Giccin (03-06-2013), Guff (03-17-2013), illmatic (03-05-2013), JETRED (03-05-2013), jimmillion (03-05-2013), jonnyozero3 (03-05-2013), KSC (03-05-2013), Scooby South (03-05-2013), Sportsguy83 (03-06-2013), SVTSHC (03-07-2013), tripjammer (03-05-2013), Turbowned (03-05-2013), zoomzoomers (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car
 
BRZerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 359
Thanks: 49
Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cool. too bad i already have mine :X

hope they come out with some better options..
__________________
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT - Satin White Pearl
BRZerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
jonnyozero3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: 4 wheels & some metal bits
Location: 000000N 0000000E
Posts: 180
Thanks: 218
Thanked 67 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great info.

Any data from the source on when Subaru might release the changes for the 2014 MY?
jonnyozero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
KSC
Senior Member
 
KSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Ion Redline
Location: NY
Posts: 233
Thanks: 34
Thanked 117 Times in 62 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting. Unless I'm reading that wrong (or just ignorant of the norm) that seems to be later than normal, no? Odd that there's no cut off date, either.
__________________
"Bullshit, asshole! No one likes the tuna here!"

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
chenshuo
Senior Member
 
chenshuo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: WRB BRZ
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 259
Thanked 457 Times in 241 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZerk View Post
cool. too bad i already have mine :X

hope they come out with some better options..
i actually hope they DON'T come out with better options so mine can still be "new".
__________________
chenshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenshuo For This Useful Post:
microbionic (03-05-2013), WRXGuy1 (07-16-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J
 
Spaceywilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: 2002 WRX
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 361
Thanked 701 Times in 231 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
Interesting. Unless I'm reading that wrong (or just ignorant of the norm) that seems to be later than normal, no? Odd that there's no cut off date, either.
I think the lack of cutoff date indicates there will not be major changes. They will not need to shut the production line down to retool, they will just keep building 2013s up until the cutover date. That's just speculation though. It could just be that they have not announced the cutoff date yet. It does seem like a long run for one model year (production started in March 2012), but they are still selling them as fast as they can build them so I guess there's no reason to change things up.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ion-line-32980
__________________

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
KSC
Senior Member
 
KSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Ion Redline
Location: NY
Posts: 233
Thanks: 34
Thanked 117 Times in 62 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
I think the lack of cutoff date indicates there will not be major changes. They will not need to shut the production line down to retool, they will just keep building 2013s up until the cutover date. That's just speculation though. It could just be that they have not announced the cutoff date yet. It does seem like a long run for one model year (production started in March 2012), but they are still selling them as fast as they can build them so I guess there's no reason to change things up.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-subaru-brz-rolls-off-production-line-32980
Yeah, that makes sense to me. Maybe the '14 will be more of a "silent release" with just some minor tweeks and enhancements. Kinda like what Apple do when they spec bump the Macbook Pros with more powerful processors. There isn't a big fanfare like with the release of a brand new iphone or "New" iPad, it just comes out, replaces the previous model, and goes on about it's business.
__________________
"Bullshit, asshole! No one likes the tuna here!"

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Bristecom
Senior Member
 
Bristecom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Evo X MR
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 1,127
Thanked 359 Times in 198 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So basically 2014's are coming as early as June but as late as November. I hope for sooner rather than later, especially for the Scions. Thanks.
__________________
Toyota + Subaru =
Bristecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Turbowned
Senior Member
 
Turbowned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: BRZ 6MT, MK1 MR2 5MT, Audi RS6 5AT
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 4,685
Thanks: 1,810
Thanked 1,765 Times in 1,039 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The orders are 3 months away but still no info about potential MY updates? Arg. Oh well, I'm not waiting til October for a '14; that's a whole 'nother summer without one!
__________________

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT - Vortech supercharged
2003 Audi RS6 quattro 5AT - 4.2L biturbo V8
1987 Toyota MR2 hardtop 5MT - 1.6L 20v 4AGE
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbowned For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
TOMIMOTO
Senior Member
 
TOMIMOTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
Location: NH
Posts: 250
Thanks: 4
Thanked 91 Times in 38 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No STI, no care.

I'll wait for Subaru to give us model/order info.

Subaru is very good at keeping secrets.
TOMIMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J
 
Spaceywilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: 2002 WRX
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 1,639
Thanks: 361
Thanked 701 Times in 231 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
The orders are 3 months away but still no info about potential MY updates? Arg. Oh well, I'm not waiting til October for a '14; that's a whole 'nother summer without one!
Typically they announce the updates at the same time you are able to order the new model, so I would not expect to hear anything official until June. Toyota may have a different timeframe though.
__________________

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
chadstyle
Senior Member
 
chadstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 879
Thanks: 406
Thanked 539 Times in 291 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMIMOTO View Post
No STI, no care.

I'll wait for Subaru to give us model/order info.

Subaru is very good at keeping secrets.
Very true.. I have to say with all the recent articles I've read from credible sources, I don't think a turbo BRZ is as "dead" as everyone claims it to be.
__________________
chadstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
dammitcubs
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2008 EVO X
Location: Folsom, Ca
Posts: 76
Thanks: 16
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting, I wonder if they will fix all the issues like condensation and small things as well as engine tweaks.
dammitcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
zc06_kisstherain
Got Tofu?
 
zc06_kisstherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: SWP BRZ
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,442
Thanks: 194
Thanked 242 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to zc06_kisstherain
probably not many things changed on 2014 model. hope they fix on tail light condensation and other minor stuff then 2013 models will have those replacements under warranty for permanant fix
__________________
13 Subaru SWP BRZ Premium - 1/17/13
97 Mazda Miata M Edition - SOLD 7/23/12
05 NBP RSX-S - SOLD 10/9/10
Visit my blog for DC5
zc06_kisstherain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #15
Beyer Subaru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Location: Alexandria, VA.
Posts: 1,599
Thanks: 849
Thanked 765 Times in 481 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
Just a heads up to anyone planning on ordering a BRZ soon, the 2014 model is going on sale in June, production begins in October.

PHP Code:
                       2013 Cutoff    2014 Order   Tentative 2014 Model 
                                      Open         First Delivery
 Forester                9
/14/2012    2/4/2012     4/30/2013
 Impreza 
(non-PZEV)      4/26/2013    6/3/2013     9/30/2013
 Legacy w
/"01" Option    2/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Legacy w
/"02" Option    3/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Outback w
/"01" Option   2/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Outback w
/"02" Option   3/25/2013    4/1/2013     6/30/2013
 Tribeca                 4
/26/2012    6/17/2013    9/30/2013
 XV Crosstrek               N
/A       6/3/2013    10/31/2013
 XV Crosstrek Hybrid        N
/A       8/5/2013    12/21/2013
 BRZ                        N
/A       6/3/2013    10/31/2013 
http://www.businessfleet.com/Channel...x?prestitial=1
I don't know how to read this. Why is it referrencing fleet ordering?

Our Outback/Legacy Factory Order cut-off was actually yesterday. How can production begin in October? That would mean that we would be taking deliveries in Dec-January. Something isn't right about this.

Last edited by Beyer Subaru; 03-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
NemesisPrime909
Senior Member
 
NemesisPrime909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Drives: none
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 575
Thanks: 139
Thanked 194 Times in 108 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well this changes a few things. I can't go another summer without wheels. Showering 3-4 times a day really took a toll on my water bill LOL


So I guess the ball is back in Toyota's court. If they announce a release series this year (hopefully Yellow like the RS 7.0 tC) then I'll be getting an FR-S, if not Then I'll get a late model BRZ, I'm not waiting through another 100+ summer.

So I guess I'll wait and see what Toyota has to offer.
__________________
The FRS/BRZ was not meant to be a world beating car, it was not meant to be an extremely fast car, nor a powerful car, but a well balanced fun car.
NemesisPrime909 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NemesisPrime909 For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
tripjammer
Senior Member
 
tripjammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,764
Thanks: 3,098
Thanked 176 Times in 140 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
Well this changes a few things. I can't go another summer without wheels. Showering 3-4 times a day really took a toll on my water bill LOL


So I guess the ball is back in Toyota's court. If they announce a release series this year (hopefully Yellow like the RS 7.0 tC) then I'll be getting an FR-S, if not Then I'll get a late model BRZ, I'm not waiting through another 100+ summer.

So I guess I'll wait and see what Toyota has to offer.
Oklahoma is brutal in the summer! Get your BRZ now! It's worth it. I will trade mine in when the 2015 turbo sti comes out...looks like that is at least 2 years from now lol! I might as wait for the 2016 Toyota supra then....hehe! But right now I am having the time of my life...BRZ/frs rules!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
Foobar
SLO NO MO
 
Foobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: DGM BRZ Limited 6MT
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 2,542
Thanks: 198
Thanked 872 Times in 607 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
So basically 2014's are coming as early as June but as late as November. I hope for sooner rather than later, especially for the Scions. Thanks.
I don't think that's what that means - I'm reading it as you can order a new BRZ as early as June, but deliveries won't arrive until October 31st at the earliest.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
jimmillion (03-05-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
Subie
Seņor Member
 
Subie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Location: SC
Posts: 946
Thanks: 728
Thanked 392 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aren't 2014-MY cars required to have a back-up camera? I remember reading that somewhere a while ago; I don't know if it's true or not.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
NemesisPrime909
Senior Member
 
NemesisPrime909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Drives: none
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 575
Thanks: 139
Thanked 194 Times in 108 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Oklahoma is brutal in the summer! Get your BRZ now! It's worth it. I will trade mine in when the 2015 turbo sti comes out...looks like that is at least 2 years from now lol! I might as wait for the 2016 Toyota supra then....hehe! But right now I am having the time of my life...BRZ/frs rules!
Funny you should mention that. I've just started a special seperate savings for it. so I'll be able to buy it when it comes out
__________________
The FRS/BRZ was not meant to be a world beating car, it was not meant to be an extremely fast car, nor a powerful car, but a well balanced fun car.
NemesisPrime909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
Soslow
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: 2010 Suzuki SX4 SportBack
Location: United States
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait that long. All my money is saved.
Soslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
DanoFA20
Shift Down
 
DanoFA20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Location: Stone Ridge, NY
Posts: 526
Thanks: 158
Thanked 114 Times in 84 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
would be nice to see a yellow availible
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edmunds 2014 Coolest Cars 2014 FR-S Convertible Wizneber Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 21 07-26-2012 07:51 PM
Pre-Orders ArKiTeCkT CANADA 28 04-19-2012 06:55 PM
Pre Orders?? RichListers EUROPE 1 01-13-2012 07:15 AM
Pre Orders??? RichListers Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 22 12-05-2011 05:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.