follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
OAKOS Automotive
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #67
xplat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: Nissan
Location: Cali
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 567
Thanked 302 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebphoto View Post
agreed.



^Fail.

SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #69
chulooz
Registered you sir
 
chulooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Location: DC / CT
Posts: 1,642
Thanks: 257
Thanked 340 Times in 190 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
^Fail..
I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #70
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 567
Thanked 302 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.

So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #71
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!
 
kombatlion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Toyota GT86
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 713
Thanks: 547
Thanked 292 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!
__________________
kombatlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #72
RWDRIFT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Hot Lava
Location: Socal
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 95 Times in 45 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatlion View Post
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!
The cannards come from password jdm

www.passwordjdm.com
RWDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RWDRIFT For This Useful Post:
kombatlion (11-20-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #73
nix
Senior Member
 
nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: AVO BRZ
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,434
Thanks: 997
Thanked 815 Times in 396 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.


Trollers


beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.
It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.
nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #74
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue
 
Grishbok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
Location: No. VA
Posts: 529
Thanks: 95
Thanked 341 Times in 163 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.
__________________
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.
Grishbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #75
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr
 
SkAsphalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Location: Regina, Sk
Posts: 2,531
Thanks: 4,215
Thanked 863 Times in 611 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.
Well we do not want to push people away. I stick to saying there is no need to swap in a STI motor in the car. Original poster or not.
__________________
SkAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #76
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster
 
empower-auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 1994 Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 991
Thanks: 8
Thanked 485 Times in 217 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post

Using your logic this car will drift better than


this car. yeah right.

Actually .. the first car you posted .. drifts pretty god damn well. I know the guy



Same car but updated

You're definitely correct though, the 2nd car is much better suited to the sort of shenanigans pictured.
__________________
Rich Anderson
EMPOWER Auto / speedtech racing development

1994 Toyota Soarer GT-T Black Black 5MT
2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black 6MT
empower-auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #77
zohare
Senior Member
 
zohare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Location: Tucson
Posts: 455
Thanks: 346
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatlion View Post
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!
Greddy has the kit on their site in non wide body form. Not sure if its labeled as the trust kit or non wide body rocketbunny but as far as I know they're taking orders
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zohare For This Useful Post:
kombatlion (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
ill roller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
Thanks: 25
Thanked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm
Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.
Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue
 
Grishbok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
Location: No. VA
Posts: 529
Thanks: 95
Thanked 341 Times in 163 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.



Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.



Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.
lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.
__________________
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.
Grishbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #80
ill roller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
Thanks: 25
Thanked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.
Nope. That is true in grassroots drifting, it's all about style, but in Formula D the competition is too great for them to do anything with the looks of the car that may make it drive in any way worse. You're right though, there is no need for extreme body modifications or to have sparks shooting off the oil pan, that's why they don't do that stuff. They slap on a generic body kit, give the car a fuckton of reverse rake, vinyl wrap the car with some really ugly scheme, add a million horsepower, and go. The key with Formula D is to make the car eye catching, not even necessarily good looking, and everything on the body needs to be easily replaceable because they constantly hit shit and they don't want the car to look messed up.

The functional side of it is by far a bigger factor... I don't think you know much about drifting.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #81
zenki_levin
Road Warrior
 
zenki_levin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Drives: AE86 Levin
Location: Belgium
Posts: 786
Thanks: 1,476
Thanked 516 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.
__________________
zenki_levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #82
lukmanaryadi
Member
 
lukmanaryadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: GT86 - Hot Lava
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 44
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
niceeeee
lukmanaryadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #83
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 567
Thanked 302 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #84
ill roller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
Thanks: 25
Thanked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.
I'm not saying there's a series where all of the cars are slammed, but in formula d there's a handful of low/decent looking cars, in xdc there's a decent amount, in D1 there's a lot... Put all of the cars in all of these series' together, and they still don't even make up a fraction of all the drift cars that exist. The rest of the cars, the grassroots cars, the daily driven drift cars, the ametuer drift cars, they are made up in a large part by low cars, cars that look good, etc.

No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #85
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 567
Thanked 302 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.

You forget your own words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
Let's be honest, this car is never going to see a track. It's too high to be a drift car, and if it were racing then it'd need bigger/better tires... Function wouldn't be an issue even if the wheels filled up the flares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
No kid here... You don't put this much work into a drift car and then leave it at that height. In fact if it were a drift car, slamming it to the ground would be the first thing done to it. It's not like he's in Formula D and has an excuse for making his car too high.

But yet again, it's clearly not a drift car.


You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #86
ebphoto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: FR-S, NA8, S13
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 396
Thanks: 21
Thanked 195 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
formula d has ALWAYS been about style.


OBVIOUSLY.
ebphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #87
ill roller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
Thanks: 25
Thanked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
You forget your own words?








You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.
I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?



Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.


And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #88
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 567
Thanked 302 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?

Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.


And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.

What, did you not mean what you said? Perhaps you should better clarify things, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way. You talk as if your opinion is the only one that matters.


PS...who told you I didn't have a drift car...lol. Comical my friend. Love assumptions. For the record, I sold my old drift car. FR-S is going to be my new one.

Last edited by SnapOv3st3r; 11-26-2012 at 04:03 PM.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercharged Rocket Bunny Widebody Conversion Build Thread RWDRIFT Member's Car Journals 278 01-06-2014 12:12 AM
GReddy X Rocket Bunny 86 Widebody Aero Kit !!! Speed Element Exterior Parts - The Rest 33 01-28-2013 08:36 PM
Rocket Bunny FRS in Dubai TAP Auto Parts Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 49 12-04-2012 01:39 PM
Original Rocket Bunny Japan Full Widebody Kit Sale! ShowstoppersUSA Exterior Parts - The Rest 14 11-29-2012 06:05 PM
Full Fairing Widebody FRS Photoshop based on Rocket Bunny Kit soulstice Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 23 10-27-2012 12:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.