follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
WORKS
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #45
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 569
Thanked 303 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
And clearly you have never seen a drift car before if you think 90% of them aren't slammed.

Amateur drift cars are slammed...that is all.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
Frsexxxy
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: White Virgin frs
Location: Tx
Posts: 99
Thanks: 27
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much does the sc cost? Hks goes for about 6k
Frsexxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #47
zenki_levin
Road Warrior
 
zenki_levin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Drives: AE86 Levin
Location: Belgium
Posts: 786
Thanks: 1,476
Thanked 516 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Amateur drift cars are slammed...that is all.
Professional drift cars are slammed too...that's all.

__________________
zenki_levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #48
Unleashed
Senior Member
 
Unleashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 13' WRX
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 676
Thanks: 183
Thanked 172 Times in 110 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frsexxxy View Post
How much does the sc cost? Hks goes for about 6k
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21222

*EDIT* Not posting thread link to jack this thread, just answer his questions.
Unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016
 
dem00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Scion FRS
Location: New York
Posts: 2,980
Thanks: 666
Thanked 1,894 Times in 891 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by just86 View Post
600 my ass that thing doesnt even have a intercooler

btw is supercharged
Of course it has to have an intercooler...?

I'm confused, are you talking about overall this engine or just the supercharged rocket bunny? The way you type things makes directions confusing...
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #50
just86
Senior Member
 
just86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2013 genesis rspec
Location: IL
Posts: 543
Thanks: 35
Thanked 146 Times in 83 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just forget it, not a big deal
just86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to just86 For This Useful Post:
zohare (11-21-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #51
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 569
Thanked 303 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
Professional drift cars are slammed too...that's all.


Not 95% of them....
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #52
kombatlion
Life to short to be slow!
 
kombatlion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Toyota GT86
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 713
Thanks: 547
Thanked 292 Times in 199 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Well I think that is the best looking car that i have seen I really dont care if is slam ot not!!
__________________
kombatlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #53
Rampage
Senior Member
 
Rampage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2000 MR2 Spyder HT
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,448
Thanks: 672
Thanked 847 Times in 394 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.


Trollers


beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.
Just want to point out that the "fool" who said put in a STI motor was the OP.
__________________
So many modders have more cents than sense!
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rampage For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (11-18-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #54
zohare
Senior Member
 
zohare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Location: Tucson
Posts: 455
Thanks: 346
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
Please someone ban this guy for baiting.
Dude? Seriously? I was trying to make a point. Chillllll outtt. -.- unbelievable.... people get online and think they're like god or something.... grow up. Only want vendors to know that theres a gap In the market. I hope people tore them apart at Sema. 70% of it was 90s rice...
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #55
xplat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: Nissan
Location: Cali
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
Why is this car all high with the wheels not filling up the flares?

And wtf is with the extra canards on the middle of the bumper?
Just because you see wheel gap does not mean it's "too high"

Just because someone puts a wide over fender on their car does not mean it must be filled in it's absolute entirety.

The canards might be functional, they might just be for aesthetics. I haven't seen any wind tunnel testing results to make a conclusion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
That is a lie.
Let's be honest, this car is never going to see a track. It's too high to be a drift car, and if it were racing then it'd need bigger/better tires... Function wouldn't be an issue even if the wheels filled up the flares.
Too high to be a drift car you say?


If the car were racing it would have been built to whatever spec race it would be entering. Stating the obvious. Also, people at least say it looks functional because with the sunken wheels (We're talking millimeters here folks.) it looks closer to what you would find in the world of professional spec racing than the hard parked cars outside of a Starbucks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
I've daily driven, canyon run, and tracked slammed cars for the last 8-10 years... The only thing that sucks about them is the first couple weeks when you slam your first car and you don't realize that you need to angle the car up ramps and stuff.



No kid here... You don't put this much work into a drift car and then leave it at that height. In fact if it were a drift car, slamming it to the ground would be the first thing done to it. It's not like he's in Formula D and has an excuse for making his car too high.

But yet again, it's clearly not a drift car.
Holding such high regard for a "drift" car as if it's some untouchable unique way for a car to be built. You understand the only difference between a road racing car and a drift car is pretty much just the amount of steering angle they get? That and the alignment settings.

By the way , everyone in formula D is allowed to slam their car all they please, but they don't do it because the benefits to lower the car diminish once you get beyond a certain point.

They also don't drift on smooth as glass tracks like you might find in f1 courses and lord knows if there are bumps they will raise their ride height too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
No trolling here. Just everyone keeps saying how functional this car is, but it appears to be nothing but a show car.

And clearly you have never seen a drift car before if you think 90% of them aren't slammed.
90% of drift cars aren't slammed. See what I did there? I just committed the same logical fallacy you made to support my argument.

This car IS more functional as a street/track/demo car which is what it looks to be.


Using your logic this car will drift better than


this car. yeah right.


Last edited by xplat; 11-18-2012 at 02:22 AM.
xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xplat For This Useful Post:
Rampage (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #56
zenki_levin
Road Warrior
 
zenki_levin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Drives: AE86 Levin
Location: Belgium
Posts: 786
Thanks: 1,476
Thanked 516 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
They also don't drift on smooth as glass tracks like you might find in f1 courses and lord knows if there are bumps they will raise their ride height too.
Maybe in formula D they raise their car but not in japan.


chassis bending awesomeness
__________________
zenki_levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #57
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 569
Thanked 303 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
Maybe in formula D they raise their car but not in japan.

chassis bending awesomeness

His car wasn't slammed..
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #58
zenki_levin
Road Warrior
 
zenki_levin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Drives: AE86 Levin
Location: Belgium
Posts: 786
Thanks: 1,476
Thanked 516 Times in 276 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mmmm...okay! You're right sir. I could show you some other pics of slammed pro cars from my HD but i'll pass on this one. You'll probably end up like a parrot saying 'they aren't slammed' over & over again. :happy0180:
__________________
zenki_levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 569
Thanked 303 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
Mmmm...okay! You're right sir. I could show you some other pics of slammed pro cars from my HD but i'll pass on this one. You'll probably end up like a parrot saying 'they aren't slammed' over & over again. :happy0180:

It's either slammed or it's not bud...
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #60
Leepox
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Celica Gen7, '94 Peugeot 106.
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
those rear lights are sex
Leepox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #61
ric342
FR-S driver
 
ric342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Location: 805
Posts: 331
Thanks: 216
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
brilliant
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #62
Hawk77FT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: GTS 86
Location: Australia
Posts: 654
Thanks: 511
Thanked 200 Times in 144 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.


Trollers


beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.

What are you on mate? 600 hp out of whihc engine? F20 or D-45? F20 will never resists a high boos to reach 500hp without forged internals. This engine has never seen more than a 380hp. 600hp on this car? Yes, but not with D-45 engine that is for sure. Maybe (and I am sure there are few around already) with 2JZ-GTE in its belly, mate! but no one says that this engine would not last.
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
ill roller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Location: Chicago
Posts: 291
Thanks: 25
Thanked 298 Times in 104 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Amateur drift cars are slammed...that is all.
Yes, as well as all the good looking pro cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachivic View Post
Professional drift cars are slammed too...that's all.

Thank you, and the list could go on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Not 95% of them....
I'm talking about 90% of all drift cars... Only a small percentage of drift cars are pro cars, and pro cars in the US suck fat nuts anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
Just because you see wheel gap does not mean it's "too high"

Just because someone puts a wide over fender on their car does not mean it must be filled in it's absolute entirety.

The canards might be functional, they might just be for aesthetics. I haven't seen any wind tunnel testing results to make a conclusion.

Too high to be a drift car you say?

If the car were racing it would have been built to whatever spec race it would be entering. Stating the obvious. Also, people at least say it looks functional because with the sunken wheels (We're talking millimeters here folks.) it looks closer to what you would find in the world of professional spec racing than the hard parked cars outside of a Starbucks.

Holding such high regard for a "drift" car as if it's some untouchable unique way for a car to be built. You understand the only difference between a road racing car and a drift car is pretty much just the amount of steering angle they get? That and the alignment settings.

By the way , everyone in formula D is allowed to slam their car all they please, but they don't do it because the benefits to lower the car diminish once you get beyond a certain point.

They also don't drift on smooth as glass tracks like you might find in f1 courses and lord knows if there are bumps they will raise their ride height too.

90% of drift cars aren't slammed. See what I did there? I just committed the same logical fallacy you made to support my argument.

This car IS more functional as a street/track/demo car which is what it looks to be.


Using your logic this car will drift better than


this car. yeah right.

Jesus, someone got does not car for my opinion on ride height. Yes, because it has wheel gap it is too high. Yes, if it has enormous overfenders it should fill them, and not with some junky wheels that are a step above rotas. Who cares whether the canards are functional or not, they're ugly, and this is a showcar... That is my opinion, not everyone will agree with me, but such is life.

So you're showing me an ugly 86 drift car, that's cool... You can go out and pick out one of the few ugly high D1 cars and act like all cars that aren't show cars are like that, but you'd be wrong. The fact is, you're defending a show car by talking about function, when there are so many track cars that are out there sitting real low and wide and functioning perfectly fine... Drift cars, race cars, they all can and should be low as far as I'm concerned.















I do understand the difference between a drift car and a road race car considering I've built both, but you're neglecting one of the most important aspects of a drift car, and that's style.

Formula D as a whole sucks, so I don't see why we're talking about that... The entire thing has lost sight of what drifting is all about in the name of making money. There's nothing but high and ugly cars with boring LSX motors. Their courses have like 3 turns in them, and they floor it off the line and then just glide through the course blipping the throttle. There are a few guys still keeping it real in formula d, but not many. If you look at XDC, there was a much higher amount of cool looking cars there for a professional circuit. Even pro drivers in Formula D have stupid low personal drift cars for when they're not doing competitions... So like I said, if this car isn't in formula d, it shouldn't be so high.

I thought they did drift on F1 courses, that might explain the ride height of this show car right? There's no logical fallacy to my statement about 90% of drift cars being slammed, the thing is though, that I'm around drift cars constantly on a grassroots level, and guess what? Almost all of them are real low, and there are a lot of them... You however, are just making a blind statement knowing only what you see about drifting on TV.

I mean really, the car is more functional as a street/track/demo car because its an inch or two too high? Give me a break. It might be more functional for driving at full speed over a speed bump, or for getting that extra .02 seconds out of a lap time at a time attack, but aside from that the car would be exactly the same but more stylish if it were lower.

As for which of your two cars would drift better, one of those has Kawabata at the wheel... Whichever one had him driving it would probably drift better than the one with random american dude at the wheel.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
SnapOv3st3r
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Location: TN
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 569
Thanked 303 Times in 197 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^Fail..
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #65
RWDRIFT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Hot Lava
Location: Socal
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 95 Times in 45 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I will repeat again. Final suspension adjustments have not been made. We are waiting on new rear camber adjustments arms and toe adjustment bolts to come in and we will pull out the rear camber. Right now it is quite negative.

The car was built as a company showcar to showcase all the new products available to the Scion FRS market. Once the suspension is fully dialed and setup it, it will have a more aggressive stance.
RWDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #66
ebphoto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: FR-S, NA8, S13
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 396
Thanks: 21
Thanked 195 Times in 91 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
I'm talking about 90% of all drift cars... Only a small percentage of drift cars are pro cars, and pro cars in the US suck fat nuts anyways.

I do understand the difference between a drift car and a road race car considering I've built both, but you're neglecting one of the most important aspects of a drift car, and that's style.

Formula D as a whole sucks, so I don't see why we're talking about that... The entire thing has lost sight of what drifting is all about in the name of making money. There's nothing but high and ugly cars with boring LSX motors. Their courses have like 3 turns in them, and they floor it off the line and then just glide through the course blipping the throttle. There are a few guys still keeping it real in formula d, but not many. If you look at XDC, there was a much higher amount of cool looking cars there for a professional circuit. Even pro drivers in Formula D have stupid low personal drift cars for when they're not doing competitions... So like I said, if this car isn't in formula d, it shouldn't be so high.
agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
^Fail..
^Fail.
ebphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercharged Rocket Bunny Widebody Conversion Build Thread RWDRIFT Member's Car Journals 278 01-06-2014 12:12 AM
GReddy X Rocket Bunny 86 Widebody Aero Kit !!! Speed Element Exterior Parts - The Rest 33 01-28-2013 08:36 PM
Rocket Bunny FRS in Dubai TAP Auto Parts Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 49 12-04-2012 01:39 PM
Original Rocket Bunny Japan Full Widebody Kit Sale! ShowstoppersUSA Exterior Parts - The Rest 14 11-29-2012 06:05 PM
Full Fairing Widebody FRS Photoshop based on Rocket Bunny Kit soulstice Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 23 10-27-2012 12:50 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.