follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Advan Emotion
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
poormans_LFA
FT86Club.com O.G.
 
poormans_LFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: Gunmetal Gundam Wing Zero Custom
Location: socal
Posts: 1,455
Thanks: 244
Thanked 214 Times in 74 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Track Test: Edmunds 2013 Scion FR-S with Upgraded Wheels and Tires Pulls 1.0g!

Here's their write up since the upgrade:

VIDEO:




Quote:
Inside Line tests hundreds of vehicles a year. Cars, trucks, SUVs, we run them all, and the numbers always tell a story. With that in mind we present "IL Track Tested," a quick rundown of all the data we collect at the track, along with comments direct from the test drivers. Enjoy.

It's been a goal since Day One with our 2013 Scion FR-S: Improve upon what the factory gave us. More importantly, do it in a way that doesn't detract from the car's inherent goodness. Our first step? New wheels and tires.

The idea behind changing the tires will be obvious to anyone who has spent time in an FR-S/BRZ — the stock tires limit the car's potential. We've often said there's more chassis than tire. So we set out to put this notion to the test.

We installed as wide a wheel-and-tire combo as possible on Project FR-S, subject to a few requirements. They had to fit under the stock fenders, retain a near-stock wheel offset, have stock rolling diameter (so as not to affect gearing), retain some sidewall for impact absorption and minimize the weight gain.

After careful calculations, we chose to replace the stock wheels and tires with Rays Volk Racing TE37SL wheels. They are the same diameter (17 inches) as the factory wheels, but 1.5 inches wider (8.5 inches compared to 7 inches). The forged Volk Racing wheels are also lighter at 16.2 pounds apiece (the stock wheels are 22 pounds each). Offset is 45mm compared to 48mm stock.

Picking tires was no easy task, but we settled on Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 sized 245/40 all around. These are far more aggressive summer tires than the stock Michelin Primacy HP tires, but more importantly they're still street tires, not overly aggressive R-compounds.

After some scrub in miles we headed for our test track to see how it would measure up against the stock setup. As you can see, the results were impressive. It stopped shorter, was easier to weave through the slalom and turned in a skid pad performance that is unprecedented for a car in this price range.

Keep in mind that these results were achieved with the stock alignment, and it is possible that grip and slalom speed could be improved further still with changes to the alignment.

Scion FR-S Scion FR-S Modified
0-30 (sec): 2.3 2.3
0-45 (sec): 4.2 4.2
0-60 (sec): 6.5 6.5
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 6.2 6.2
0-75 (sec): 9.6 9.7
1/4-mile (sec @ mph): 14.8 @ 93.6 14.8 @ 93.7
30-0 (ft): 28 28
60-0 (ft): 114 107
Skid Pad Lateral Accel (g): 0.89 1.0
Slalom: 67.5 70.3
Vehicle: 2013 Scion FR-S
Odometer: 5,038
Date: 8-21-2012
Driver: Josh Jacquot
Price: $24,930

Specifications:
Drive Type: Rear-wheel drive
Transmission Type: Six-speed manual
Engine Type: Longitudinal, naturally aspirated flat-4
Displacement (cc/cu-in): 1,998/122
Redline (rpm): 7,400
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 200 @ 7,000
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 151 @ 6,600
Brake Type (front): 11.7-inch vented discs with two-piston sliding calipers
Brake Type (rear): 11.5-inch discs with single-piston sliding calipers
Suspension Type (front): Independent MacPherson struts, coil springs, lower control arms, stabilizer bar
Suspension Type (rear): Independent multilink, coil springs, stabilizer bar
Tire Size (front): 245/40 R17 (91W)
Tire Size (rear): 245/40 R17 (91W)
Tire Brand: Yokohama
Tire Model: Advan Neova AD08
Wheel Size: 17-by-8.5 inches front and rear
Tire Type: Summer performance
As tested Curb Weight (lb): 2,737

Comments:

Acceleration: Additional grip changes launch technique slightly. Best launch was at 5,500 rpm. Tires hook up quicker and there's no real bog. Otherwise, nothing has changed from the original setup.

Braking: Definitely got better result here. Solid, consistent pedal feel. I suspect additional grip would mean dead brakes sooner on a track.

Handling:

Skid pad: At last, real grip! After several trial-and-error tire pressure experiments we settled at 38.5 psi when hot which produced the best feedback, response and balance.

We started the tires at 37.5 psi warm (street driving plus one lap of the pad in each direction after entering the speedway) because that's roughly where the tire shop left them — 35 psi cold, I presume. However, after five or six slalom passes they apparently warmed up even more — to 40 psi. After establishing both slalom and skid pad numbers at that pressure we dropped it — significantly. Went down to 34.5 psi. Did this for two reasons. First, we wanted to make a big enough change so that we could feel it. Second, 40 seemed way too high at this point.

At 34.5 psi hot there was significantly less response to steering input and the balance suffered on the pad. Understeer was more prominent and the car felt sluggish to come back from an understeering condition. Slalom times didn't change much but times around the pad slowed down measurably. It made the big change we were looking for, but it wasn't good. So we pumped them back up to 38.5 psi hot.

At 38.5 the skid pad times improved again and both response and feel were back. This seemed to be the sweet spot where both skid pad lap times and feel were the best so that's where I left it. From there, we experienced immense grip without compromise — very impressive for a wheel/tire swap.

Slalom: Feels marginally less tail happy compared to the stock trim. Confident in quick transitions and retains the excellent feedback of stock setup. Predictable, quick and fairly easy to drive here. First run was quicker than stock.
http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s...rack-test.html







I totally WANT these wheels now in this exact specification. The stock setup handles so well already. Want to stay close to that.


Article here:
http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s...rack-test.html

Video:
http://bcove.me/6mhj9q2e
__________________
poormans_LFA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to poormans_LFA For This Useful Post:
Akai (09-07-2012), Apex Chase (08-27-2012), Bonburner (08-27-2012), civicdrivr (09-06-2012), DjDATZ (09-08-2012), Guff (09-06-2012), Gums (09-07-2012), MarkRacerX (09-06-2012), RebootWindows (09-06-2012), RRnold (09-06-2012), Sigh-on-Rice (08-27-2012), Snoopyalien24 (09-06-2012), Symbiont (09-06-2012), TRD_07 (09-09-2012), tripjammer (09-06-2012), yayforaddison (09-06-2012), YukiHachiRoku (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
vh_supra26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: MK4 & FD
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,555
Thanks: 324
Thanked 733 Times in 309 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2013 Scion FR-S Track Test... pulls 1.0g!











Quote:
Inside Line tests hundreds of vehicles a year. Cars, trucks, SUVs, we run them all, and the numbers always tell a story. With that in mind we present "IL Track Tested," a quick rundown of all the data we collect at the track, along with comments direct from the test drivers. Enjoy.

It's been a goal since Day One with our 2013 Scion FR-S: Improve upon what the factory gave us. More importantly, do it in a way that doesn't detract from the car's inherent goodness. Our first step? New wheels and tires.

The idea behind changing the tires will be obvious to anyone who has spent time in an FR-S/BRZ — the stock tires limit the car's potential. We've often said there's more chassis than tire. So we set out to put this notion to the test.

We installed as wide a wheel-and-tire combo as possible on Project FR-S, subject to a few requirements. They had to fit under the stock fenders, retain a near-stock wheel offset, have stock rolling diameter (so as not to affect gearing), retain some sidewall for impact absorption and minimize the weight gain.

After careful calculations, we chose to replace the stock wheels and tires with Rays Volk Racing TE37SL wheels. They are the same diameter (17 inches) as the factory wheels, but 1.5 inches wider (8.5 inches compared to 7 inches). The forged Volk Racing wheels are also lighter at 16.2 pounds apiece (the stock wheels are 22 pounds each). Offset is 45mm compared to 48mm stock.

Picking tires was no easy task, but we settled on Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 sized 245/40 all around. These are far more aggressive summer tires than the stock Michelin Primacy HP tires, but more importantly they're still street tires, not overly aggressive R-compounds.

After some scrub in miles we headed for our test track to see how it would measure up against the stock setup. As you can see, the results were impressive. It stopped shorter, was easier to weave through the slalom and turned in a skid pad performance that is unprecedented for a car in this price range.

Keep in mind that these results were achieved with the stock alignment, and it is possible that grip and slalom speed could be improved further still with changes to the alignment.

Scion FR-S Scion FR-S Modified
0-30 (sec): 2.3 2.3
0-45 (sec): 4.2 4.2
0-60 (sec): 6.5 6.5
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 6.2 6.2
0-75 (sec): 9.6 9.7
1/4-mile (sec @ mph): 14.8 @ 93.6 14.8 @ 93.7
30-0 (ft): 28 28
60-0 (ft): 114 107
Skid Pad Lateral Accel (g): 0.89 1.0
Slalom: 67.5 70.3
Vehicle: 2013 Scion FR-S
Odometer: 5,038
Date: 8-21-2012
Driver: Josh Jacquot
Price: $24,930

Specifications:
Drive Type: Rear-wheel drive
Transmission Type: Six-speed manual
Engine Type: Longitudinal, naturally aspirated flat-4
Displacement (cc/cu-in): 1,998/122
Redline (rpm): 7,400
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 200 @ 7,000
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 151 @ 6,600
Brake Type (front): 11.7-inch vented discs with two-piston sliding calipers
Brake Type (rear): 11.5-inch discs with single-piston sliding calipers
Suspension Type (front): Independent MacPherson struts, coil springs, lower control arms, stabilizer bar
Suspension Type (rear): Independent multilink, coil springs, stabilizer bar
Tire Size (front): 245/40 R17 (91W)
Tire Size (rear): 245/40 R17 (91W)
Tire Brand: Yokohama
Tire Model: Advan Neova AD08
Wheel Size: 17-by-8.5 inches front and rear
Tire Type: Summer performance
As tested Curb Weight (lb): 2,737

Comments:

Acceleration: Additional grip changes launch technique slightly. Best launch was at 5,500 rpm. Tires hook up quicker and there's no real bog. Otherwise, nothing has changed from the original setup.

Braking: Definitely got better result here. Solid, consistent pedal feel. I suspect additional grip would mean dead brakes sooner on a track.

Handling:

Skid pad: At last, real grip! After several trial-and-error tire pressure experiments we settled at 38.5 psi when hot which produced the best feedback, response and balance.

We started the tires at 37.5 psi warm (street driving plus one lap of the pad in each direction after entering the speedway) because that's roughly where the tire shop left them — 35 psi cold, I presume. However, after five or six slalom passes they apparently warmed up even more — to 40 psi. After establishing both slalom and skid pad numbers at that pressure we dropped it — significantly. Went down to 34.5 psi. Did this for two reasons. First, we wanted to make a big enough change so that we could feel it. Second, 40 seemed way too high at this point.

At 34.5 psi hot there was significantly less response to steering input and the balance suffered on the pad. Understeer was more prominent and the car felt sluggish to come back from an understeering condition. Slalom times didn't change much but times around the pad slowed down measurably. It made the big change we were looking for, but it wasn't good. So we pumped them back up to 38.5 psi hot.

At 38.5 the skid pad times improved again and both response and feel were back. This seemed to be the sweet spot where both skid pad lap times and feel were the best so that's where I left it. From there, we experienced immense grip without compromise — very impressive for a wheel/tire swap.

Slalom: Feels marginally less tail happy compared to the stock trim. Confident in quick transitions and retains the excellent feedback of stock setup. Predictable, quick and fairly easy to drive here. First run was quicker than stock.
http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s...rack-test.html
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vh_supra26 For This Useful Post:
avusblue (09-06-2012), BRZranger (08-27-2012), Fly Guy (08-29-2012), RebootWindows (09-06-2012), RRnold (09-06-2012), Sigh-on-Rice (08-27-2012), tripjammer (09-06-2012), yayforaddison (09-06-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
ill86
VehicleDynamicsSpecialist
 
ill86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: iG FR-S
Location: illtuned / PittRace
Posts: 749
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 201 Times in 165 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting results
__________________


"The best track modification you can ever make is between the steering wheel and seat." - CSH
ill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this
 
Sigh-on-Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: FR-S Whiteout MT
Location: HI
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 604
Thanked 521 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Wow. 1.0 g!
__________________
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
ill86
VehicleDynamicsSpecialist
 
ill86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: iG FR-S
Location: illtuned / PittRace
Posts: 749
Thanks: 1,155
Thanked 201 Times in 165 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
Wow. 1.0 g!
Of course. Skid pad diameter plays a part though. Not taking anything away from the tire.
__________________


"The best track modification you can ever make is between the steering wheel and seat." - CSH
ill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Kido1986
Dodging cones
 
Kido1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited, 93 Z28
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 255
Thanked 261 Times in 169 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Without the numbers, this is what I found when going to 14.5lb 17x7s with 215 R-S3s. The level grip is amazing. I need numbers on how much G load I'm pulling
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorovert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillclintong View Post
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
C Street Build/Progress Questions about C Street Autocrossing?
Kido1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
poormans_LFA
FT86Club.com O.G.
 
poormans_LFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: Gunmetal Gundam Wing Zero Custom
Location: socal
Posts: 1,455
Thanks: 244
Thanked 214 Times in 74 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15739
__________________
poormans_LFA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to poormans_LFA For This Useful Post:
RRnold (09-06-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
vh_supra26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: MK4 & FD
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,555
Thanks: 324
Thanked 733 Times in 309 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^^^opps my bad. I guess could mods just merged or deleted thread. Thanks
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster
 
empower-auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 1994 Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 991
Thanks: 8
Thanked 489 Times in 218 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
If someone wanted to absolutely dominate a skid pad test (high speed high g) on a DOT / street tire, what should they be looking at for gear?
__________________
Rich Anderson
EMPOWER Auto / speedtech racing development

1994 Toyota Soarer GT-T Black Black 5MT
2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black 6MT
empower-auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
SUB-FT86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: 06 G35 Coupe Sport
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 2,606
Thanks: 43
Thanked 190 Times in 117 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So response and feel can change based on tire pressure?
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Kido1986
Dodging cones
 
Kido1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited, 93 Z28
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 255
Thanked 261 Times in 169 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
If someone wanted to absolutely dominate a skid pad test (high speed high g) on a DOT / street tire, what should they be looking at for gear?
#1, good tires like R-S3s or Star Specs. #2 would be light, wider wheels. #3 would be quality coilovers. KWs or JRZs. To go more extreme, remove weight from the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
So response and feel can change based on tire pressure?
Very much so. The same tire as 32 psi and 36 psi will feel much different in response. In autocross where you make short jogs, you use high pressure before higher pressure tires tend to turn in better than lower as they have less surface resistance. But too high will sacrifice a lot of grip so it's a balance. Every tire compound is different. On road course where you build up a lot of heat, run lower pressure since more heat adds more pressure. I start at 30-32 on my RS3s on track vs 35-36 on autocross.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorovert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillclintong View Post
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
C Street Build/Progress Questions about C Street Autocrossing?
Kido1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kido1986 For This Useful Post:
RebootWindows (09-06-2012), Snoopyalien24 (09-06-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
SpeedR
First86 / boat thief
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: MKIV Supra
Location: OKC
Posts: 306
Thanks: 147
Thanked 111 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nice very helpfull info
SpeedR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,465
Thanks: 1,896
Thanked 458 Times in 279 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't put any faith into insideline 0-60 times or anything timed for that matter.
__________________
Powered by Vortech, ECS Tuning, and JDL Auto Design
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #14
SuperDave
Senior Member
 
SuperDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: DAT Rally Blue BRZ
Location: SoCal
Posts: 439
Thanks: 761
Thanked 103 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
nice wheels and tires. damn firestorm look so sexy...i sometimes wish i had it but i love rally blue too.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
nashsnazzy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S White Out
Location: Nashville
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice, I've always liked smaller wheels for the weight savings. Where is the best place to pick these up at?
nashsnazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
poormans_LFA
FT86Club.com O.G.
 
poormans_LFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: Gunmetal Gundam Wing Zero Custom
Location: socal
Posts: 1,455
Thanks: 244
Thanked 214 Times in 74 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashsnazzy View Post
Nice, I've always liked smaller wheels for the weight savings. Where is the best place to pick these up at?
Evasive Motorsports
Vivid Racing
Rav Spec
__________________
poormans_LFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
vh_supra26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: MK4 & FD
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,555
Thanks: 324
Thanked 733 Times in 309 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
 
SVTSHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Location: Bronx
Posts: 1,217
Thanks: 662
Thanked 511 Times in 291 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wonder then what 38.5psi hot translates to when cold. Maybe around 33?
__________________

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #19
genometuning
 
genometuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,723
Thanks: 599
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VERY NICE!!!
genometuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
whitejdm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: BRZ prem.
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 255
Thanks: 20
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I really thought the acceleration numbers would be improved with the lighter wheels and more grip, guess not haha.
whitejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
RebootWindows
Vegimite, Tim Tams and VB
 
RebootWindows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 86 MT GT Pegasus White
Location: Bankstown 2200 NSW AUSTRALIA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 57
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to RebootWindows Send a message via Skype™ to RebootWindows
This are pricy these rims in Australia how are they is USA?
__________________
RebootWindows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
brichard0625
Senior Member
 
brichard0625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 909
Thanks: 171
Thanked 383 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Its funny they tested tire pressure because i did the same thing they actually did like 3 weeks ago. When hot my tire pressure was at 40-41psi and was messing up my 0-60 runs while i was testing on visconti's tune.. i let them cool down and put it down to 32.5-33 psi cold and now when hot they reach like 36.5-37 which for me seemed to have the best grip on stock tires. If u go lower than i think 32 the tire pressure light comes on because it happen to me twice when leaking air out of my tires.
__________________
brichard0625 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Scion FR-S Video Road Test vh_supra26 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 1 08-22-2012 02:53 PM
Widest Track tires for stock wheels?? track_warrior Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub 55 05-02-2012 05:41 AM
2013 Scion FR-S Full Test... brz_guy Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 1 04-25-2012 02:28 AM
Retaining driving dynamic with upgraded tires? - frs nixeighty6 Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub 14 12-22-2011 01:44 AM
Road & Track Test Drive Review of 2013 Subaru BRZ Hachiroku Subaru BRZ General Forum 39 12-05-2011 09:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.