follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
jeffchap

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Unichip Plug-N-Play, like new, $200

This is the a complete Unichip PNP set for the GT-86, including all mounting hardware, cables, installation documentation, all in the original packaging.

This would cost you $445 today: http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...cion-FR-S-20L-

The only thing this kit does not include is the flux display. This is the base kit with the two position switch for 2 maps. You can purchase a flux display from Unichip directly and add it to this kit if you wish. I just never saw the need for more than 2 personally.

I'll be perfectly honest and tell you up front why I'm selling. When everything worked fine, my car ran great with this. But after 9 months or so, I would occasionally get a check engine code P0172 (Bank 1 too rich). I took the Unichip off for a year, and never got another code. Put it back on and they come back immediately.

I've tried every reasonable map for my car, and sometimes it'll run a few weeks with no problem. Other times it'll throw a code multiple times per day. It seems to be worse in warm weather, but maybe I'm just imagining that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this Unichip, and I know many people run them with no problem. I think my car is just finicky. Perhaps my MAF sensor is just inside the tolerance range, I dunno. But I'm tired of resetting the code, so my loss is your gain. It's a shame, because otherwise I was really happy with the way the car runs with this.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
jeffchap

Garage
To the user, Jesse, that PMed me via Tapatalk, yes I will ship to 14305.

Please PM me through this forum and not Tapatalk. I don't have Instant PM on my Tapatalk app (Windows Phone) and I have no way to answer your question.

I tried to email a response to you, but I guess you didn't get it. I don't know what your name is here on the forum. Sorry!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
jeffchap

Garage
Sold

Closed Thread