follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #85
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I don't have a part # and Rotrex doesn't sell to the public. Any vendor that sells the Jackson Racing or Kraftwerks unit will have it. I bought from ft86.com
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Efferalgan (07-20-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 06:17 AM   #86
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@HKSUSA this would be a slick time to tune in!

<--- also currently using your V2 kit
Old 07-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #87
HKSUSA

Drives: HKS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
@HKSUSA this would be a slick time to tune in!

<--- also currently using your V2 kit
Unfortunately, we can't warranty product that was not bought through us, and the kits that were bought were bought outside of North America or through an unauthorized distributor.

We are working with wbradley to get him the parts he needs to get back up and running, but it's not a warranty claim.

If you purchase the kit from an authorized retailer in North America, and it is installed correctly, there should not be any problems.
HKSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #88
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
I'm still waiting for the confirmation thru an authorized retailer to place my order. I hope that if nothing else I will have blazed a trail to streamline replacement ordering for others in the future. Josh is quite knowledgeable and I have relied on his advice so far. Now just to get the retailer to email me back saying he is confident to accept the order, shipping cost and lead times determined. At the moment I am told 8-12 weeks and waiting to confirm shipping cost. I am seriously considering buying 2 units, as I plan to keep my car indefinitely and at the very least somebody I know will have a spare unit in stock.
I hope my replacement doesn't have the flaw of the two Russian units.
Performance wise, this is am amazing unit and people should buy with confidence. My unit was damaged due to my own error.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 07-23-2015 at 12:18 PM.
HKSUSA (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #89
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I'm still waiting for the confirmation thru an authorized retailer to place my order. I hope that if nothing else I will have blazed a trail to streamline replacement ordering for others in the future. Josh is quite knowledgeable and I have relied on his advice so far. Now just to get the retailer to email me back saying he is confident to accept the order, shipping cost and lead times determined. At the moment I am told 8-12 weeks and waiting to confirm shipping cost. I am seriously considering buying 2 units, as I plan to keep my car indefinitely and at the very least somebody I know will have a spare unit in stock.
I hope my replacement doesn't have the flaw of the two Russian units.
Performance wise, this is am amazing unit and people should buy with confidence. My unit was damaged due to my own error.
What was the error, so that it can be prevented/avoid by others?
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #90
Lee

Drives: GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
What was the error, so that it can be prevented/avoid by others?
oil lines connected wrongly to the charger I believe - meant SC took suction from the cooler instead of header tank.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #91
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
oil lines connected wrongly to the charger I believe - meant SC took suction from the cooler instead of header tank.
correct, reversed oil lines...long story. The manual has a diagram that can easily lead someone to make this error BTW. Oay attention to the 2 different diameter inlets to the blower and this won't happen.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #92
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Just ordered my replacement blower, supposed to be 2 weeks direct air shipment from Japan. Fingers crossed!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #93
Lee

Drives: GT86
Quote:
correct, reversed oil lines...long story. The manual has a diagram that can easily lead someone to make this error BTW. Oay attention to the 2 different diameter inlets to the blower and this won't happen.
The manual could be much better. I was constantly taking things back off the car for the next mod as I followed the pictures more so than the words.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #94
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
And the oil cooler took suction from the top inlet, which couldnt draw in any oil.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #95
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Just ordered my replacement blower, supposed to be 2 weeks direct air shipment from Japan. Fingers crossed!
Good to hear that! So, is that #12002-AK115? Did you manage confirm with HKS that there is the blower itself + traction fluid + filter? I think that regardless my local repair attempt I need a new blower later on. So wondering whether I need to order the super expensive fluid and filter additionally. The guys who took off the SC managed to collect most of the old fluid which could be filtered and put back into the unit after repair and replacement of the weak HKS "cover". So this should save me $300 for fluid. I just need a filter and will order a KW or JR unit.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #96
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efferalgan View Post
Good to hear that! So, is that #12002-AK115? Did you manage confirm with HKS that there is the blower itself + traction fluid + filter? I think that regardless my local repair attempt I need a new blower later on. So wondering whether I need to order the super expensive fluid and filter additionally. The guys who took off the SC managed to collect most of the old fluid which could be filtered and put back into the unit after repair and replacement of the weak HKS "cover". So this should save me $300 for fluid. I just need a filter and will order a KW or JR unit.
PM me for details where I bought the blower. Yes that's the right part#
Efferalgan (07-27-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #97
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Ordered a new V2 blower last week with assurance from the tech at HKS distributors it will fit my unit. Looking at the V2 install manual it looks like the pulley attaches with 1 center bolt wheras my V1 pulley attached with 5 bolts and has a larger center hole. I will have to get HKS to supply me with a stock size V2 pulley which is not listed as a catalogue item. Can't see why they wouldn't but if tthat's the case I'm up shits creek.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #98
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Can someone with an HKS V2 system please confirm visually if their pulley is attached with one center bolt or 5 bolts like the V2. Thanks