follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #29
teamturbo

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, I agree. I'm hosed in the event he doesn't agree to settle on damages. Of course, it sucks. $550 burned, no point in involving insurance. Noticed the cop has driven off in the late evening, hasn't contacted me. Perhaps he will tomorrow.

In any event it goes south, I'll tell him the tree of liberty will be watered by the blood of tyrants. F the police.
teamturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #30
BlueSky

Drives: 2015 Aozora BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
any update on this?
BlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
i second that. updates?
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #32
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
You need to file a police report. Worse case, this will mean it will be covered by your insurance without impacting your rates, best case, that allows the insurance company to chase after the person.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #33
teamturbo

The update is a big fuck you. The person never even had the respect to even contact me after my polite note. I'm not filing a police report, it's a waste of time. There is nothing that can be done, I have no physical evidence on their car. I even offered to pay part of the damages. NOT EVEN A CALL. Rest assure, if I ever see the driver, they will get a piece of my mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to teamturbo For This Useful Post:
Eski (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #34
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamturbo View Post
The update is a big fuck you. The person never even had the respect to even contact me after my polite note. I'm not filing a police report, it's a waste of time. There is nothing that can be done, I have no physical evidence on their car. I even offered to pay part of the damages. NOT EVEN A CALL. Rest assure, if I ever see the driver, they will get a piece of my mind.
The police report is not a waste of time, if you want your insurance to cover it under your policy without it impacting your rates (at least in GA). That serves as proof that you did not do the damage yourself so its covered under the non-liability portion. Hey, but your call, just a thought.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #35
BlueSky

Garage
I would contact your insurance to see what would be the best course of action.
In the mean time, keep leaving notes on his car.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #36
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Fuck the notes. Pay a bum a 12-pack to piss and shit on the pig's car. If you're feeling spendy, get a cheap bottle of vodka (or said bum's drink of choice) to puke on the car too. Tip the bum $20 if they smear it(piss, shit, and puke) all over it, especially the door handles. Be nice and supply rubber gloves if you go that route.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
daftpunk (12-17-2014), Eski (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #37
BlueSky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Fuck the notes. Pay a bum a 12-pack to piss and shit on the pig's car. If you're feeling spendy, get a cheap bottle of vodka (or said bum's drink of choice) to puke on the car too. Tip the bum $20 if they smear it(piss, shit, and puke) all over it, especially the door handles. Be nice and supply rubber gloves if you go that route.

I would normally go this route too (well, maybe not that extreme)
But considering they live near/beside each other I wouldn't go that far

Notes and notes and notes, keep it professional and bug the hell out of him
Old 12-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #38
teamturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
The police report is not a waste of time, if you want your insurance to cover it under your policy without it impacting your rates (at least in GA). That serves as proof that you did not do the damage yourself so its covered under the non-liability portion. Hey, but your call, just a thought.
It is a waste of time. My deductible is $500, my first quote for the damage is $540. I'll shop around, maybe I can get a price of $400. I don't have black box footage. Just grainy parking camera footage from 30 yards.

Come to find out - the owner of the RAV4 went to the leasing office to look at the video. Denied that it was him driving the car after looking at the footage. Simply said that's not me. Nice job detective; there's 20 parking permits in our lot with 1 RAV4. He demanded the office not give his contact information nor apartment number to me. The guy working at the leasing office rubbed me the wrong way, made it sound like I was possibly harassing. I'm done with those clowns.

I still don't know how this person looks like so it's hard for me to confront them, I don't have window view of the parking lot. Since the incident they have parked the vehicle directly in the front street parking overlooked by an entrance camera 10 meters away.

BTW - this is the trash I'm dealing with. No sense of integrity or respect. Not even a phone call. I don't know about people, but if I received such a note I'd feel obligated to respond even if I was sure I did nothing wrong. NOT EVEN A CALL.

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

My name is Mike, I drive a red Scion FR-S. On the late evening of Tuesday, Dec 9th at approximately 10:15PM your vehicle made contact with my vehicle in the gated parking lot. The damage was notice around 10AM the following morning after you've left.

On the video, your car is seen driving into the lot, driving into the parking spot beside my vehicle before reversing out of the spot, repositioning, and reparking in the spot.

I keep meticulous care of my vehicle. There is white / silver paint transfer onto my car with a deep quarter size chip and dent to the bare metal.

I understand accidents happen, and you barely nicked me. However, the body work estimates on this damage are considerable. I'd like to speak to you about this and am willing to contribute to fixing this if necessary.

Please contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX anytime.

Regards,

-Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to teamturbo For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #39
BlueSky

Garage
Maybe I'm not understanding?
you can still make a report and not go through insurance, see if the police can help getting a hold of him?

or wait him out...with a bat
Old 12-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #40
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding?
you can still make a report and not go through insurance, see if the police can help getting a hold of him?

or wait him out...with a bat

its just his word vs. the owner of the vehicles (a cop).

He has footage of what may have been contact with the rav 4, but there is no proof that the owner was actually driving the vehicle.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #41
BlueSky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
its just his word vs. the owner of the vehicles (a cop).

He has footage of what may have been contact with the rav 4, but there is no proof that the owner was actually driving the vehicle.

He can still fill out a report? doesn't mean there will be legal action.
But in the end, he probably is SOL
Old 12-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #42
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamturbo View Post
It is a waste of time. My deductible is $500, my first quote for the damage is $540. I'll shop around, maybe I can get a price of $400. I don't have black box footage. Just grainy parking camera footage from 30 yards.

Come to find out - the owner of the RAV4 went to the leasing office to look at the video. Denied that it was him driving the car after looking at the footage. Simply said that's not me. Nice job detective; there's 20 parking permits in our lot with 1 RAV4. He demanded the office not give his contact information nor apartment number to me. The guy working at the leasing office rubbed me the wrong way, made it sound like I was possibly harassing. I'm done with those clowns.

I still don't know how this person looks like so it's hard for me to confront them, I don't have window view of the parking lot. Since the incident they have parked the vehicle directly in the front street parking overlooked by an entrance camera 10 meters away.

BTW - this is the trash I'm dealing with. No sense of integrity or respect. Not even a phone call. I don't know about people, but if I received such a note I'd feel obligated to respond even if I was sure I did nothing wrong. NOT EVEN A CALL.
I'm under the impression that his insurance is still responsible if there's another driver because insurance follows the car as well as the owner.

Forget all that though. Go with my original suggestion.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote