follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Golf R, 15 Audi S4
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Swift Springs BRZ

Thanks to the crew over at @Touge Factory I was able to get ahold of some Swift springs for a B day present to myself. I should start off with that stage that I have driven may cars on all kinds of shit coil-overs to the cream of the crop super expensive stuff.

I in no way expected any real performance difference. All I wanted was a little more low low so that when I decided to get some wheels with 255's all around, it wouldn't look too stupid.

To my surprise these actually made the suspension so much more aggressive when comparing to stock. Totally blew my mind. The car rides way better over crappy roads and is much more predictable when pushing it over crappy roads. The car factory handles fantastic and these springs completely tighten up anything you might dislike in OEM form.

This OEM shock / swift spring setup is easily eons better than any crap shit bing bong ting ling coil-over you can buy. It's hard for me to really describe it any better beyond that. I am happy to answer any questions.
TouchMyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TouchMyHonda For This Useful Post:
8686 (06-04-2013), Touge Factory (06-05-2013), Wolfking (06-22-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
kidgogeta

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
Thanks to the crew over at @Touge Factory I was able to get ahold of some Swift springs for a B day present to myself. I should start off with that stage that I have driven may cars on all kinds of shit coil-overs to the cream of the crop super expensive stuff.

I in no way expected any real performance difference. All I wanted was a little more low low so that when I decided to get some wheels with 255's all around, it wouldn't look too stupid.

To my surprise these actually made the suspension so much more aggressive when comparing to stock. Totally blew my mind. The car rides way better over crappy roads and is much more predictable when pushing it over crappy roads. The car factory handles fantastic and these springs completely tighten up anything you might dislike in OEM form.

This OEM shock / swift spring setup is easily eons better than any crap shit bing bong ting ling coil-over you can buy. It's hard for me to really describe it any better beyond that. I am happy to answer any questions.
I've got a set of the ones made for the fr-s and completely agree with this post. These springs really surprised me handling and looks have improved.
kidgogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
euroshowoff

Drives: 2015 Tacoma
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pretty sure your obligated to post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Old: 2013 Arengto FR-S
Current: 2015 Tacoma/2020 Sequoia Pro
Future: 2022 CWP Limited Est Delivery 06/22
euroshowoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Steve

Drives: 6MT
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
got swifts on order can't wait
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by euroshowoff View Post
Pretty sure your obligated to post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
So lazy though
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
May I ask how much they cost ya and the specs on the springs please? I'm in the process of shopping around for the best bang for the buck without sacrificing comfort as this will be going on a commuter car with some spirited driving on the weekends. Thanks in advance!
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
May I ask how much they cost ya and the specs on the springs please? I'm in the process of shopping around for the best bang for the buck without sacrificing comfort as this will be going on a commuter car with some spirited driving on the weekends. Thanks in advance!
Call for Jamie at @Touge Factory and he can get you a price on them. The BRZ specs are 3.8k/4.5k rates with an inch drop that honestly looks even more than an inch.
The Following User Says Thank You to TouchMyHonda For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thank you, sir.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
SeeSharkySwim

Drives: Scion FRS
I too was pleasantly surprised after installing the swift springs on my frs. I was never one to buy lowering springs after driving cars with lowering kits in the past that made the cars handle horribly. But I just couldnt stand the 4x4 height and was highly recommended this brand by a buddy that runs these on his GTR. This is more of a dd/weekend car for me but it does see the autox course fairly often along with the road course every once in a while. The car transitions much better than stock and they seem to suit the factory dampers perfectly. One thing I noticed after driving on these springs is how well they ride on the street, given the aggressive springrates they somehow feel more comfortable than stock. Although these will probably stay on my car for a couple more months until my AST dampers come in so they might be up FS soon Speaking of which, does anyone have experience with swift coilover springs?
SeeSharkySwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeSharkySwim View Post
I too was pleasantly surprised after installing the swift springs on my frs. I was never one to buy lowering springs after driving cars with lowering kits in the past that made the cars handle horribly. But I just couldnt stand the 4x4 height and was highly recommended this brand by a buddy that runs these on his GTR. This is more of a dd/weekend car for me but it does see the autox course fairly often along with the road course every once in a while. The car transitions much better than stock and they seem to suit the factory dampers perfectly. One thing I noticed after driving on these springs is how well they ride on the street, given the aggressive springrates they somehow feel more comfortable than stock. Although these will probably stay on my car for a couple more months until my AST dampers come in so they might be up FS soon Speaking of which, does anyone have experience with swift coilover springs?
I completely agree with this. I want to learn how to push this car is stock as possible before I get nuts with modding it. I knew that the swif springs would give me the look I wanted with out changinc the cars learning curve too much. BUT HOLY CRAP the car handles so much better now.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
Coaster

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
Call for Jamie at @Touge Factory and he can get you a price on them. The BRZ specs are 3.8k/4.5k rates with an inch drop that honestly looks even more than an inch.
I thought the Swift Springs Sport Mach rates were
3.0kg and 4.5 kg.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Those are the FRS rates. The BRZ rates are 3.8/4.5.

http://www.swiftsprings.net/products...t-springs.html
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
Coaster

Drives: Civic
I got the numbers from Evasive Motorsportshttp://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...R_S-SUSPENSION.

Every time I go to the Swift website my computer blocks a virus.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coaster For This Useful Post:
Patio (06-25-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #14
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Heres a side view of my FRS with the FRS application
fooddude (04-05-2014)