follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #29
_hollywood

Drives: 97 itr sold
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Obviously I don't have my priorities straight, sacrifices I have to live with. I'm waiting to join the Air Force, maybe it's time I find another recruiter.

I wish I could illustrate how impossible that would be.
I bought my frs after 6 years in the AF....drove sub 5k cars while i was in....so my answer to you is yes join the AF and yes find a new recruiter, and also dont volunteer for anything in basic training and just blend in...lol
FR-S #56 of 86 Raven MT ***FOR SALE***
_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _hollywood For This Useful Post:
Mandy (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Just got home, by my phone died. Grabbed the old digital camera:.......I'd just like to thank everyone for the word of encouragement, or their stories. I really calmed down after posting it, even more so after reading other peoples' thoughts. I knew it was a silly thing to get angry about, but it would've ruined my whole day if I kept to myself.
Well, Mandy, welcome to the world of "women". After all, it is your mother's garage and her "stuff".

I have found, over the past 70 years, that a women's stuff is all part of her "nest" .... and NOT to be messed with by a man. About all you can do is to keep your own "stuff" straight and hope she follows your example.

Yep, like I mentioned, get a car cover .....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Mandy (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #31
DIF

Drives: FR-S in Firestorm, Katzkin, alpine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A couple thoughts concerning this. First, landscapers have a legal responsibility to do their job without damaging other people's property. Second who ever hired these people, landlord, management company etc, also have a legal responsibility for anybody they contracted to do work, not to damage their tenants property. I would contact the management of the landscape company and politely tell them about the damage to your car. And it is damage, even if it can be corrected with a cleaning and a detail, it's damage.
Second contact your management company, landlord, whoever, let them know about the issue. They don't want people suffering damage because they are libel as well, and their own cars are probably parked in the area most of the day as well. Third I would consider 3M's paint protection film. Get it applied to your doors and fenders if you have to park in that area.

Seriously you don't have to put up with this crap. Good luck Brah!
DIF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DIF For This Useful Post:
Mandy (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
First world problems.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #33
batmobilefrs

Drives: Raven FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I agree with the two or three people in here that said get a car cover, it will help. I live in Military housing in SC and they pay to do the landscaping for us, and in my yard there is a garden area which is all wood chips and they carelessly run over it and shoot wood chips at my car. The leaf blower thing happens too, but as annoying as it is to put a car cover on, it saves immense amounts of time and effort cleaning not to mention the possible damage that could occur from rocks and stuff.
batmobilefrs is offline   Reply With Quote