follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #911
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Huh? So you have never used a generic drug instead of a current patent labeled drug? Never used over the counter stuff instead of prescription only drug? Ok then.
i've only been on one prescription in my life, and it was an anti-biotic, dont know if it was generic or not.. but if my doctor prescribed it i'll take his advice and take it, cuz what the hell do i know about drugs.
but while we're on a different subject other than wheels lets do a little test:
what would you rather have?
-coca cola or shasta cola
-16gb ipod or 16gb sansa mp3 player
-oakley sunglasses or swap meet sunglasses
-samsung lcd tv or dynex lcd tv

Last edited by VenomRush; 05-04-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #912
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
i've only been on one prescription in my life, and it was an anti-biotic, dont know if it was generic or not.. but if my doctor prescribed it i'll take his advice and take it, cuz what the hell do i know about drugs.
Monster beats headphones($200+) or Sony headphones ($50+)?
Samsung LCD or Vizio LCD (-~$500)?
Iphone or WP7 Samsung Focus(-$150)?

back on topic:
TE37s or Enkei RPF1s(-~$600 per wheel)?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #913
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Monster beats headphones($200+) or sony headphones ($50+)?
ultrasone pro2500

edit: you do know i was comparing name brand to generic right?..
as for the wheel choice.. both are respectable brands and the choice would simply be a matter of preference

Last edited by VenomRush; 05-04-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #914
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
wow that could not be further from the truth. knock off's have drastically less quality, that's why people are willing to pay over double for the real thing. you get what you pay for and rims is NOT an area in the car where you wanna skimp. way too important part of the car.
I would disagree with you there. Each "knock off/generic/not name brand" whatever has to be taken on a case by case situation. Whether it is wheels, a car, clothes, food, electronics...etc. You can't just lump all generics into a big group and say they suck cause they aren't the name brand version. The reason you pay double for "the real thing" could be due to many reasons; could be because of their advertising budget, popularity, people are willing to pay more to be seen with item x..etc. Just because you aren't dropping $5k on wheels doesn't mean you can't get a good quality wheel that will last. Please don't be that naive. Same thing as saying if you don't spend $500-600 per tire for your DD rubber that it will spontaneously explode on you.

Quote:

Based on those examples it is completely person and use dependent. Much of that depends on the individual quality of the items. Give me the best quality for the buck. I could give a shit about the "name" of it, I just want it to perform and meet up to my standards.

I personally don't like Oakley and prefer SPY sunglasses which I feel provide a better product at a cheaper price.

MP3 player, what am I going to use it for? Will I be working out with it? Give the the cheapest one that works so that I don't care if it falls off me and hits the floor.

What is the TV going to be used for? What is my budget? Is it going to be in a game room? Is it going to be for my outdoor patio?

Just to flip it on you:

Why ever eat out a "generic" fast food place like McD or Taco Bell when you can go to a 4 star restaurant and get a super nice bison burger for $15 or go to a really nice Mexican restaurant and get a combo for $12?

Do you always fill your car up at the most expensive gas stations because they aren't one of those "generic places."

You probably think Bose is a good sound system since they are more expensive than those "cheaper" options huh?
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #915
ERA
Banned

Drives: .
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cool photoshops guys. yup completely not off topic lol.
ERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #916
Crashoverride
here, there, any where

Drives: FR-S SOON!!!
Never been a fan of the Rays rims
Crashoverride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #917
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Quote:
Based on those examples it is completely person and use dependent. Much of that depends on the individual quality of the items. Give me the best quality for the buck. I could give a shit about the "name" of it, I just want it to perform and meet up to my standards.

I personally don't like Oakley and prefer SPY sunglasses which I feel provide a better product at a cheaper price.

MP3 player, what am I going to use it for? Will I be working out with it? Give the the cheapest one that works so that I don't care if it falls off me and hits the floor.

What is the TV going to be used for? What is my budget? Is it going to be in a game room? Is it going to be for my outdoor patio?

Just to flip it on you:

Why ever eat out a "generic" fast food place like McD or Taco Bell when you can go to a 4 star restaurant and get a super nice bison burger for $15 or go to a really nice Mexican restaurant and get a combo for $12?

Do you always fill your car up at the most expensive gas stations because they aren't one of those "generic places."

You probably think Bose is a good sound system since they are more expensive than those "cheaper" options huh?
im not trying to get in a complete argument with you but, i forgot to mention that those products i named i actually have except the sansa mp3 its actually an 8 gb. and i have two dynex tv's. what im trying to get at is,guess which ones are better in over all quality? the name brand things i own. yes i totally agree that it depends on what you are going to use it for. but that doesn't change the fact on which are better in quality and performance.

- if there were 4 star restaurants around me i would, but i usually have to drive 30 minutes to get to one and thats just not practical.. unless you consider in-n-out 4 star? which i do =D

- i used to get nothing but 76 until i got a costco card and started using costco gas.. boy am i paying for it.. i use lucas fuel injector cleaner every month just to stay safe

- if you think bose doesn't have great sounding products, something is wrong with your ears buddy.. i currently dont have anything bose
but the juke box at the pool hall i go to uses bose speakers and those things light up the whole room and its a huuuuuuuuuge pool hall. this is just a rumor but i heard that bose spends 80% of their profits on R&D

look dude, the only thing im getting at is most things expensive are of better quality then a generic copy. thats it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #918
tranzformer

Quote:

- if you think bose doesn't have great sounding products, something is wrong with your ears buddy.. i currently dont have anything bose
but the juke box at the pool hall i go to uses bose speakers and those things light up the whole room and its a huuuuuuuuuge pool hall. this is just a rumor but i heard that bose spends 80% of their profits on R&D
You would actually pay money for a "Blose" sound system? Ha! If I was paying with my own money I wouldn't even step close to Bose. No thanks.

Quote:
look dude, the only thing im getting at is most things expensive are of better quality then a generic copy. thats it.
See the issue is that most doesn't mean everything. It is completely a case by case situation.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #919
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I don't mind replicas and generic too much, I've owned both. when my CR KAI got warped I bought sold the other 3 and got a set of Sport Maxx Replicas CR Kai for the price of 1 1/2 work wheel. And when ever I drove I felt much more comfort knowing that if something happened I'm not losing 300$ 400$. Now I think a good balanced brand is Konig and Enkei.

Now what I don't like and can't stand are people who get Rotas, and Put ADVAN stickers on their cars or the cap of brand name wheels. That's like taking a GTR badge and sticking it on a Honda, it's annoying.

Alot of people I know only use their good set for shows and Motor sports, other wise for DD they always use replica wheels. That and lets not forget Winter ;/ I cry if my CR KAI get damaged. And I was pretty worked up when one did get messed up.

hmm... how do the enkei RPF1 look on the FR-S. I really liked the RP03 on Rx-7. Enkei make good affordable wheels

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #920
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Quote:
You would actually pay money for a "Blose" sound system? Ha! If I was paying with my own money I wouldn't even step close to Bose. No thanks.

See the issue is that most doesn't mean everything. It is completely a case by case situation.
well give me some examples
Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #921
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post

Now what I don't like and can't stand are people who get Rotas, and Put ADVAN stickers on their cars or the cap of brand name wheels. That's like taking a GTR badge and sticking it on a Honda, it's annoying.
now thats pathetic...
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #922
tranzformer

Quote:
well give me some examples
Energy, Klipsch, Harmon Kardon, Paradigym, JBL, Aperion, Definitive Technology...etc. Just depends on your budget and what you are going for. I would take any of the above over a comparably priced Bose system.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #923
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post

Alot of people I know only use their good set for shows and Motor sports, other wise for DD they always use replica wheels. That and lets not forget Winter ;/ I cry if my CR KAI get damaged. And I was pretty worked up when one did get messed up.
That is really dumb to put stickers from another brand on your wheels. Just shows you that the person is a brand whore anyways. Just couldn't afford the ones they really wanted.

Not sure why anyone would ever use their nicest set of wheels on a DD car? Nice way to get them ruined easily.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #924
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

i meant other things, but i myself have some old ass boston acuostic speakers with two alpine type r's as my subs...

anyways, im ready to stop arguing about bull crap and ready to see some more PHOTOCHOPS!!

Tags
photoshop