follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 01-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Mindering
Minty Fresh

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Phastek Performance

Just want to start off by saying ordering from here seems like it will be good if everything goes smooth, but be ware some of the stuff is giving false information on the site.

I ordered a FRS or BRZ trunk light. It looked awesome on the site! it even made it seem like they shipped it with plugs to make it a complete plug and play kit this is taken from their website.

"NOTE: This kit DOES NOT require modification of the stock harness for the trunk light."

Read more: http://www.PhastekSPORT.com/2013-Sci...#ixzz3Oe8SiXHZ

Well it does!!! It's literally an LED strip with 2 cables. (you can build yourself a DIY for 4 cars at the price they sell it for one vehicle.) So if you purchase it be ready to tap into your wires or get to male plugs to plug into the stock connector. FYI , IT DOES NOT SHIP WITH WIRE TAPS OR MALE PLUGS.

Now if your package gets lost in the mail like mine did, be ready to deal on the issue with USPS by your self. It took 3 days to get a hold of anyone, via email. I even called multiple times to both of their phone numbers no one ever picked up. They told me to file a claim with USPS and that they would also. I filed my claim and I asked for the number of their claim. They ignored my email asking for the claim number multiple times, when they finally did reply their answer was USPS said the item was delivered and I should look around for it. This is what the official tracking number said when you use USPS tracking. It was a miss scan. (Mind you I spoke with two different reps for USPS and they told me as followed, first time i called my package was in City of Industry the second time it was in Houston.) These phone call were after the "item was delivered email". In the end I did get my item, after 30 days. It was not as advertised. Their customer service to help you get your item is very bad it honestly feels like they didn't care. I have had this happen to me multiple times with other companies and it was never a nightmare like it was dealing with them.

In the end its up to you if you choose to buy from them, if you do I wish you luck. If not, they're multiple vendors out there that offer the same or better items out there with better customer service.

You can even read the Camaro forums alot of them have had very bad experiences with them also.

I would return the item, but I honestly don't feel like dealing with them anymore. I'll let them keep my $25 and take my business elsewhere.

Thanks for your time.
Mindering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
So it did not come with the connectors as described here?
http://news.phastekperformance.com/d...runk_Light.pdf
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
Mindering
Minty Fresh

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Nope! All i got was the LED which had to bare wires soldered onto it and 2 zip ties.

Last edited by Mindering; 01-12-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Mindering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mindering For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (01-14-2015)

Tags
issue, led, light, phastek, trunk