follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #43
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 Dreams View Post
You have to be careful at the end of the month. They are looking to fill their quota's. Is your car red? I wanted red but I was a afraid to get it because it's just another thing to attract the cops attention.
I read an interesting article in 'Snoops'. Red cars getting the most tickets is a long lived falsehood. Grey cars make up only 6% or the cars on the road yet get 10% of tickets written which makes grey the winner, not red. How true the article is I don't know.

I can speak as a former LEO for seven years in the suburbs of Detroit and color never had a thing to do with giving tickets. Perhaps the biggest influence was attitude, not color of the car.

whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #44
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ & 99' Ford Explorer
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pche View Post
Well, here in America, our right to call a police officer who has just mistreated us a cock sucker, is protected by our First Amendment. Next time, do what I do, annunciate clearly, and call them a cock sucker to their face. It gets easier after the first time, I promise.

Oh and please do so only when they profile you, don't be calling them names when they give you a ticket for doing donuts in a parking lot 2 o'clock in the morning.
lol i will try that out... but yea im always respectful to cops out of common courtesy.... its just sad that i now feel forced to avoid them even if im totaly in the right. those ****head cops give all the real cops a bad name... now i understand why people hate the police. its sad really
NYCsubaruBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #45
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
I can recall getting a ticket for honking my horn at a cop who almost hit me after pulling out from a double parked spot and gave me a ticket for unreasonable noise on Fordham rd.
yea bro fuck that guy... and he would have blamed you if he hit you... thats what im sayin... hard to respect them when you deal with the jerks... it gives the good cops a bad name....

i bet somewhere at some point in time, a good cop was killed because of the killers past experiences with fucked up cops.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #46
t.chk

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBRZ View Post
I got 5 petty tickets within a month. -____-"
never got this much attention in my civic
No tickets for 8 years, buy my BRZ 3 tickets in 1 week. Now I drive like a grandma and only managed to pick up 1 more.
t.chk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #47
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.chk View Post
No tickets for 8 years, buy my BRZ 3 tickets in 1 week. Now I drive like a grandma and only managed to pick up 1 more.
we feel your pain......
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCsubaruBRZ For This Useful Post:
t.chk (12-10-2013)
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #48
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Not just luck

I have not received a traffic ticket in at least 25 years.

I ALWAYS speed. Usually just enough over to be at the grace limit, not enough to be a big trophy. Sometimes in areas where I know it is impossible for a speed tax collector to be present I would be a big trophy !

About 15 years ago I was stopped for speeding on a freeway at night, so I turned off my dash lights and was very apologetic offering the excuse that I couldn't see my speedometer. I must have been a good actor cause I got a warning. LOL !

Situational awareness is paramount to avoid police speed tax. A thorough understanding of radar and ladar is also necessary so you can use the topography and traffic as shields against the beams.

I treat anything on the road in front of me that I can't confirm as being tax collector free as a trap, and take cover behind a larger vehicle (radar always records the larger target, ladar records whatever the laser dot is touching).

The most difficult speed trap to avoid is oncoming moving radar on a 2 lane highway. I treat all straight on oncoming that could be a cop as moving radar and slow down immediately until confirmed non-po po, then speed up (oncoming on a curve shows less speed, straight on is exact). Oncoming moving radar will lock the display but the speed tax collectors usually clear and get a second reading to get a better chance at conviction. By that time my speed is down.

Night is the most likely time to end up paying speed tax as it is more difficult to spot the tax collectors. I still speed but not enough to make it worth while for a traffic stop.

When a driver is in condition white - he is accident prone, in condition yellow less so, orange even less. I ALWAYS drive in yellow with little traffic, orange when busy, and red only in snow storms etc. (to exhausting and difficult to maintain the adrenalin otherwise).
I maintain condition yellow on an empty road not for safety but for for the ability to spot speed traps. This has the benefit of being able to recognize unexpected safety hazards also.

Works for me

And - I only speed excessively when it is safe for me and others (I hate injury to metal and flesh).

RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
iamdaspoon (12-15-2013), NYCsubaruBRZ (12-10-2013), z3ro (12-30-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #49
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.chk View Post
You dont happen to drive a GBS in montgomery?

drive a galaxy blue...they just hate me

I dont know this story?
I drive a GBS from Newburgh to Middletown everyday. There are also two identical ones less than half a mile apart in Walden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenic Driver View Post
Nope, silver but I'm near Montgomery
Do you ever pass through New Paltz. I saw a silver one coming off 87 (or heading on to or just by it) in August when I was in the process of buying mine in Kingston.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #50
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
lol! These posts are GREAT!
@NYCsubaruBRZ, you are my hero, lol

Only ticket I've gotten in the FRS is a "fix-it" ticket for tint. Just got it written off by another cop who was cool. Never removed the tint.
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suaveflooder For This Useful Post:
NYCsubaruBRZ (12-24-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #51
Sparda29

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I got a ticket for 85 in a 55 on the Belt Parkway. I'm generally a douchebag to yellow cabs and limos. There was this yellow cab hogging the left and middle lane on the belt preventing me from passing. I came up fast from the left side, flashed my lights a couple of times and squeezed through. Right after I passed, lights went on and 2 guys in jeans and oversized t-shirts and a badge hanging from their neck come out of the car.

Same night (2 hours later), I get a 80 in a 55 from an unmarked Black NYPD Highway Patrol Dodge Charger. I was driving on the Cross Island heading north (after Throgs Neck before Whitestone Bridge) and the dude is getting on the highway as I'm passing by. I'm thinking it's just some guy, but then he starts copying every movement I make and starts tailgating me. Once I hit the brakes, he turns on his lights.

Got pulled over at a checkpoint on 94th Street near LaGuardia a few months ago. Got tickets for the tints, went to court, got it dismissed.
Sparda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
Scenic Driver

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 Audi TTQ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Do you ever pass through New Paltz. I saw a silver one coming off 87 (or heading on to or just by it) in August when I was in the process of buying mine in Kingston.
I go driving up there sometimes, if it was a Saturday morning it's possible that it was me.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #53
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
It would have been a saturday morning as that was the only time I had to go buy this thing.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #54
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

so i was bookin it the other day on the lie doing about 120 when i see a dt car up ahead. i slowed to about 40 so i wouldnt pass him and he was trying to slow down so i could pass and he could get behind me. did a nice move going from the left lane to the exit before he could stop or get out the exit...

cops 0

twins 1

woot woot!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #55
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

we really just need a track in longisland
Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #56
BRZ_Lawyer
Hardworking

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz, 2013 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I'm an attorney in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, I fight traffic tickets, DUI all the time. From my experience if you drive a sporty looking car, cops usually suspect that you're likely to be violate the laws.

if you ever need help feel free to call me 609-716-8900
2013 C300 4Matic
Septa, NJtransit, MTA
BRZ_Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZ_Lawyer For This Useful Post:
WolfsFang (12-25-2013)