follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Keiichi Tsuchiya and Daijiro Inada Quit D1GP

Yeah, I know this is old article, but I having seen this part of thread been moving for a while, so thought to give some activities.

Quote:
NEWS SCOOP – KEIICHI TSUCHIYA AND DAIJIRO INADA QUIT D1GP

December 12, 2010 by Adam Zillin
Filed under Japanese News, Latest Articles

10 Comments

In news from Japan that is sure to shock many fans, Daijiro Inada and Keiichi Tsuchiya have confirmed they are pulling out of their current commitments to D1, citing disagreements with other members as the cause. In a press release on Tsuchiya’s own blog, the Drift King goes on to explain the reasoning behind his decision to quit the D1 series but ends on a positive note, pledging to start a new one from scratch…

We ( Inada and Tsuchiya ) wanted to make improvements to the series but were met with resistance from other members of the group. Unwillingly, I have decided to cease my involvement in the series.
Tsuchiya went on to apologize to his supporters, “I am sorry to the fans and sponsors. We are going to start from zero and create a new future for drift in Japan.
Without clarifying what details this involves, Keiichi went on to say that, “We are considering a drift event which fans, sponsors and entrants can get satisfaction from…

While the bombshell is big enough, it is supported by the words of Yashio Factory’s president, Kazuyoshi Okamura who in a post of his own on the same day said, “Daijiro started talking earlier this year about D1 being finished if it stays like this...”, while going to say that, “...the distortion of the principles behind the D1 series has been growing for some time now and continues to grow.
“Daijiro and Keiichi put so much effort into D1 but they both realize they can’t do anything with the series as it stands and it looks unlikely to change. They really don’t want it to end like this and the end is going to be a difficult decision.”

Okamura surmised that, “…the young generation just doesn’t understand our Boss, Dai chan…”

Whatever the case, this is sure to send shock-waves through an already wavering sport and the future of D1GP Japan is now in serious doubt.
Words – Adam Zillin
Source – Nick Itoh
&

Quote:
NEWS – TSUCHIYAS NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO D1 FANS AND DRIVERS

January 2, 2011 by Adam Zillin
Filed under Circuit Racing, Drift Racing, Drifting, Events, Latest Articles

6 Comments

On his blog today, Keiichi Tsuchiya left an impassioned personal message for the fans of drift and also, one for the drivers of D1. 7tune, as always, is on hand to translate for all the world to see and understand…
Concerning the future.
“Dai chan and I are making an event for everyone who loves drift. We are now negotiating the details with Hot Version and not just for an event that is the best of its kind, but with an aim to build one from the ground up. This is a very different view from before and we are now currently discussing what content to include.”
“We can’t do this by ourselves and again I want to ask for your help, with the same spirit and objectives as before. I’d like to create these values together with people who are passionate about drift. Please expect us to power up through Hot Version.”
“As for other matters, I will continue to keep doing interviews, among other things, and I will put all my best efforts into these projects without letting up.”
“As sad as it is for me to say this, I will no longer be associated with Option Video, D1SL or Doriten as these titles are directly related to the D1 banner of which I am no longer a part.”
To the D1 Drivers.
“In these past 10 years you guys have grown magnificently and have never given up despite the many problems you faced. You gave us all your best efforts and I want to thank you for them. We are going a different way now but I ask you to believe in and be true to yourselves and your ways. I want you all to know that, together with Hot Version, we intend to create and nurture an event to be as big as D1.
“I don’t want to lose any of you and it’s a little persistent, but make sure to take care of your fans and your friends!!”
Keiichi Tsuchiya
***This message was translated by professional Bilingual Japanese staff and is 7tune’s unofficial personal translation.***
Translations – 7tune.com
Source – K1-Planning
Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Both are getting old anyways
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
We've known for a while that Keiichi was extremely dissatisfied with how D1 was turning out. He didn't like how it was more flash than substance.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
This past Sun, I was flipping around the channels and came to FSW (Fox Sports West) and they had D1 races on with these 2 guys. Do they show this every Sun?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Guess I haven't been paying that much attention cause this is news to me. Pretty crazy to see DK leaving D1 as well as Dai. Those are big names, wonder how D1 will rebound from that?

Anyone know the specifics on the disagreements?
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Guess I haven't been paying that much attention cause this is news to me. Pretty crazy to see DK leaving D1 as well as Dai. Those are big names, wonder how D1 will rebound from that?

Anyone know the specifics on the disagreements?
It started several yrs ago, Keiichi felt D1 was going different path than he wanted. Last yr's Imamura vs someone's chase battle made the hell loose and got to decision
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if he's talking about the rumored D2?

Eh probably not....but still, they need a grassroots drift event held only for privateers and the rest of us poor folk. =P

And I don't know who they were in disagreements with in D1, but whomever they are, are basically retarded for not following Tsuchiya's ideas. By losing both KT and Dai, D1 is basically severing ties with their Golden Gooses. I foresee D1 losing a lot of viewing fans. Eh, well, me for 1.

It just makes me sad I never got a chance to go to the D1 U.S. event at Irwindale and catch a glimpse of Tsuchiya...now I never will, QQ.

"...Together with Hot Version..." Only good things can come of this new venture based off those words.

I wonder if they'll have different brackets of drifting for different cars? Tuned 300, Tuned 400, etc.? Would be cool.

Edit: CONTINED (lol)...yeah, I agree though, D1 has seen better years. Of course, Im a bit biased, but the first 4ish events held the most prestige to me. It seemed to be more 'real' back then.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
For me D1 lost me when they started moding awd & fwd cars to just rwd after that didnt follow any more. I know D1 had a street category only seen it one time, if you ask me when i started drifting i was thinking this motor sport is great now car makers should listen and maybe make more 4 cylinder FR car, little did i know it will take them 8 long years to even have next gen 4 cylinder FR cars. Very sad
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
It started several yrs ago, Keiichi felt D1 was going different path than he wanted. Last yr's Imamura vs someone's chase battle made the hell loose and got to decision

What happened, to many "one more times"?
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote