follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
ft86me

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Need a muffler shop? Use this info!

Hey guys, just wanted to throw you guys some great information in regards to an awesome muffler shop that you will be absolutely amazed with. They are a few minutes down from my shop in Placentia.

The Muffler Man
467 Industrial Way
Placentia, Ca 92870
714 524 7818

Ask for Lee. He runs the shop.

About his work on my car:

1. 1st time I was there, I had him adjust my ARK GRiP exhaust because it kept shifting over to the right. I kept trying to fix it myself and it wouldn't stay, so I took it to him and he got it straightened out real quick for a damn good price. He called me while I was working and told me he needed to cut a 5 degree bend and weld it onto the catback to make it straight and that's a guarantee. I went down there and he had the car in the air and had me take a look. I was looking around to see where he did it and I honestly couldn't tell. He's that good! Amazing welds, used stainless, and mandrel bent. Perfect with no creases in the part he added. Exhaust has been straight and no issues. He did a great job on that one! Couldn't even tell!

2. This is recent. I had him install my HKS EL header w, Motiv overpipe, and Motiv catted front pipe due to time constraints at my work and no lifts being free and yes I'm impatient so I took it to him haha. He had it installed in no time and I went down to check it out. Perfect installation and amazing at what he did. He also made sure my vertex kit didn't get scratched or even touched when going onto his lift.

Initially the car was a bit too raspy for me and that's understandable since you're opening up the most restricted part of the car. It's minimal, but I'm picky. I also heard a rattling noise, but he welded a bracket that I ended up making loose while doing some spirited driving up in the canyons. The rattling was gone real quick and I examined his weld and holy wow he is good! In order to eliminate the raspy issue which again is minimal, I asked him to weld the helmholtz from the ark grip test pipe to the motiv front pipe with a cat on it so motiv now has a helmholtz and cat. This made the car easier to daily and less raspy and open up a SHIT LOAD and sound like a mean ass monster when under wot, otherwise it sounds pleasant and nice under regular driving until you hit 4k then it gets wild if you want it to haha. While asking him to do that, he mentioned he wanted to tig weld it (the Helmholtz) on there because my car is too nice to have a regular mig type weld. I said do it! His son was doing the tig welding and he is absolutely amazing too. he came from a company that made headers and has over 10 years tig welding experience so no wonder why he is good. Lee on the other hand has years and years of experience!

So there are my experiences! Hopefully this helps! Lee has worked on numerous cars from supras with 600 hp to widebody mr2s to s14s to classic cars to full custom exhausts to making a custom header for a ae86 and now the frs which was my car. super knowledgeable, amazing customer service (super chill dude and his son is chill to), great prices that I was shocked about since they were damn good for his quality of work, and flawless! you would be amazed with their work.

Hopefully this helps! take care everyone and thanks for reading!

Oh, if you go see him, tell him Allen with the frs sent you and he will take care of you.
ft86me is offline   Reply With Quote