follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #85
jlu

Drives: Asphalt AT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
Yep, taking the deal and buying the car.
Congrats on your new car! Enjoy it!
jlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #86
CircuitJerk
Pull my finger...

Drives: Silver Scion Slushbox
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
@BadMoon,
Stay classy. Nice job...
CircuitJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #87
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yep, taking the deal and buying the car.
Sellout!

JK Glad you got a good deal and can put all this mess behind you
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #88
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I follow your logic. I really don't want to repeat this process again. I'm sure sure I taught the guy a lesson. I would have been amazingly embarrassed to have to tell my boss I did something like that.
Unless he was talking to his boss about the sale on the voicemail... Just saying.
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #89
TRD_07

Drives: Firestorm 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I used to work at a Toyota dealership and I got to see many cenarios where salesmen did dumb things such as your situation and once the GM or owner found out they made the salesman feel like the size of an ant then the GM or owner took care of the matter themselfs to make it right. I know most people would say don't give them the sale but if you realize that the cards are in you favor now so IMHO I would give them the sale to get a great deal.
TRD_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #90
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Honestly, I would guess the average car salesman lasts about 2-3 months tops. For most of these guys these jobs are just filler and the bad ones get moved out of the system ASAP, while the good ones stick around and get moved into sales manager/finance/etc.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #91
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Who cares, I guarantee everyone here has mocked someone else and for probably the same shallow type reasons. Don't cheat him out of his right to be human and I wouldn't have risked his job over it, you don't know how shitty(or good) his life is. You handled it well, being insulted entitles you to nothing, but lady luck was on your side and you got something nice. This reminds me of people that expect five star restaurant service at fast food joints. Oh damn you didn't get your taco because the teenager or single mom behind the counter was stressed and messed up. You cannot punish them worse than the job they have.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldpueblo For This Useful Post:
bakerr6 (05-22-2013), Pneub (05-22-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #92
Septic

Drives: FRS Whiteout AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
@BadMoon - It appears you got the deal you wanted, if the salesperson irked you that much, can you switch to another sales associate at the same dealer to seal the deal? It would appear that you could explain to the current salesperson that based on the phone message, you would prefer to finalize the deal with someone else; with the understanding that you will not go to the GM about the phone message. All the other prior negotiated items (trade-ins, add-ons, etc.) were approved by a sales manager, so it shouldn't be difficult.

You shouldn't reward bad behavior, and his lesson will be a lost commission for his mistake. This would hopefully avoid any quilt you may have about getting someone fired if you did go to the GM.

Best of luck with your purchase. BTW, my advice is to install carseat protection mats prior to installing your child seats. My kids love using the rear seats as a step getting into their booster seats. Should save wear and tear (and dirt) on your rear seats.
Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #93
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The sales manager already assigned himself and another rep to my case. I will post more thoughts tomorrow. The deal isn't done yet for them. It's just starting.
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #94
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Nevermore got it right, along with a few others expressing similar sentiments.

As for the rest of you…

Sit with the following Pascal quote and ponder what the writer says about Life, Human Nature, and The Human Condition. Some of you may need to ponder this phenomenon for some time, possibly a decade, even. And then, IF you HAVE any PRINCIPLES, you will feel properly ashamed of yourselves ... for seeking to crucify some poor guy whose only offense was to accidentally sit on his phone.

And if you do not EAVESDROP on conversations not intended for your ears, then your tender ears will not be burning, will they! God almighty!

“If all men knew what each said of the other, there would not be four friends in the world.” –Blaise Pascal (French mathematician, physicist, writer, and philosopher. 1623-1662)

Last edited by Porsche; 05-22-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #95
jlu

Drives: Asphalt AT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
@Nevermore got it right, along with a few others expressing similar sentiments.

As for the rest of you…

Sit with the following Pascal quote and ponder what the writer says about Life, Human Nature, and The Human Condition. Some of you may need to ponder this phenomenon for some time, possibly a decade, even. And then, IF you HAVE any PRINCIPLES, you will feel properly ashamed of yourselves ... for seeking to crucify some poor guy whose only offense was to accidentally sit on his phone.

And if you do not EAVESDROP on conversations not intended for your ears, then your tender ears will not be burning, will they! God almighty!

“If all men knew what each said of the other, there would not be four friends in the world.” –Blaise Pascal (French mathematician, physicist, writer, and philosopher. 1623-1662)

Well aren't you all high and mighty.

There are consequences for talking behind peoples' backs. Most of the time nothing happens.

And some of the time, the target finds out. In any customer-facing industry, that's grounds for a reprimand if not termination if the offense is serious enough. Yes, complaining about customers is a time-honored tradition in the service industry. That doesn't make it ethical or correct. To claim that "his only offense was sitting on his phone" is a laughable proposition.

The salesman has nobody to blame but himself.

OP did the right thing by bringing it to the attention of the salesman's superior. At the very least, he is well within his rights to ensure that particular salesman is not getting a single dime of his money.
jlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #96
TheEradicator

Drives: Scion FR-S (Raven)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hmm, well first off, this is not a sports car, it is a go kart and second, red will only get you noticed by cops so save up for your first ticket.

I regards to my go kart comment... I mean this in the best possible way, go karts are fun and so is this car.

I hope you can turn this insult into a better deal on the car, but honestly if they don't sell it to you, then some other asshole with a wife and 2 kids is going to buy it, so don't start feeling too entitled.
TheEradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #97
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEradicator View Post
Hmm, well first off, this is not a sports car, it is a go kart and second, red will only get you noticed by cops so save up for your first ticket.

I regards to my go kart comment... I mean this in the best possible way, go karts are fun and so is this car.

I hope you can turn this insult into a better deal on the car, but honestly if they don't sell it to you, then some other asshole with a wife and 2 kids is going to buy it, so don't start feeling too entitled.
Not a sports car? Not sure if serious....
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #98
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEradicator View Post

there is so much wrong with this post that I don't know where to start
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote