follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
tunsbe

Drives: Toyota GT-86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
GT86/BRZ owners in Finland?

Greetings from Finland!

Here we have about fifty 86s or BRZs. Including all dealer demo cars and private owners.

This is mine -->

So.. Somebody finnish who read this, tell me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tunsbe For This Useful Post:
Anthony (09-28-2013), firehawk (05-13-2013), M-17 (05-14-2013), Mikko (05-30-2014)
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
While you're waiting for the suomalainen to show up,
Greetings from Norway! :happy0180:
Good looking car you got there, the HDR processing makes the photo pop, too
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
While you're waiting for the suomalainen to show up,
Greetings from Norway! :happy0180:
Good looking car you got there, the HDR processing makes the photo pop, too
Hi!

Thanks! You speak finnish!
I don't think that here is so many finnish car owners.. Maybe i'm the only one. In last Autobild, there was some statistics of how many GT86 or BRZs are in Finland. 44 Toyos and 3 BRZs. Is this car so expensive, about 47k€. And BMW 120 has same price. Cheapest 200hp rwd car.
Luckily in Scandinavia is more cars. You, Sweden and Denmark.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
This issue of Autobild, did it have numbers for Norway, too?
We're a small community so far, we're wondering how many is out there :-)

Cars in general are so expensive in Norway it's embarrassing. List price for a GT86 is now just over 60k€
Sarlacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #5
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
This issue of Autobild, did it have numbers for Norway, too?
We're a small community so far, we're wondering how many is out there :-)

Cars in general are so expensive in Norway it's embarrassing. List price for a GT86 is now just over 60k€
No, there was only cars which sold in Finland. New cars only.
I read one topic here where was listed Toyota/Scion/subaru pricing across the world. Scandinavia was most expensivest.
But, in my opinion we have the best equipments in stock cars, that raises price.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
firehawk

Drives: GT86
Garage
Ah, I wondered when other finns would show up on this forum - hello!

At least for the time being, these things seem really rare over here. I've yet to see any other owners on the road - just the demo cars of the local dealers.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Ah, I wondered when other finns would show up on this forum - hello!

At least for the time being, these things seem really rare over here. I've yet to see any other owners on the road - just the demo cars of the local dealers.
Wau!! Another finn!! Amazing!
Do Autokiila say something? I bought there. Are you the another one who owns red 86 in Turku? I've seen red and orange gt86 in Turku. Both are private owners. Orange owner is Autokiilas second owner. Terinkoski.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
firehawk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunsbe View Post
Wau!! Another finn!! Amazing!
Do Autokiila say something? I bought there. Are you the another one who owns red 86 in Turku? I've seen red and orange gt86 in Turku. Both are private owners. Orange owner is Autokiilas second owner. Terinkoski.
Ahaha, yeah - I'm the other one. Took that photo in Ruissalo when first snow fell last year.

I've seen an orange one, but for some reason thought that it's the demo car for AutoCenter. Also, I traded some e-mails with an owner of a white GT86 from Lapua.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 AM   #9
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
Ahaha, yeah - I'm the other one. Took that photo in Ruissalo when first snow fell last year.

I've seen an orange one, but for some reason thought that it's the demo car for AutoCenter. Also, I traded some e-mails with an owner of a white GT86 from Lapua.
Ok, then i've seen you.
Autocenter has red AT. In while ago they have black stickers on hood and roof. Doesn't look good to my eye. I think they had removed those now.
In northern Finland has more gt86s than south i think. Do you know is here more tuned cars than mine? Would be nice speak about them and ask where others had ordered parts.
And if these 86 owners will come more, we can try to set up some meeting.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #10
firehawk

Garage
Don't know any tuned ones, but my car is finally getting some bits and pieces now that summer is coming. Going to pick up my wheels today and the exhaust will be shipping soon.

Also, the TRD air box looks pretty good to me - I'm wondering whether Autokiila would be able to order it or would I have to get one from USA..

And hey - two cars is already a meet, isn't it? I'd certainly like to check out what you've done to your car.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
Don't know any tuned ones, but my car is finally getting some bits and pieces now that summer is coming. Going to pick up my wheels today and the exhaust will be shipping soon.

Also, the TRD air box looks pretty good to me - I'm wondering whether Autokiila would be able to order it or would I have to get one from USA..

And hey - two cars is already a meet, isn't it? I'd certainly like to check out what you've done to your car.
Sounds good. Which exhaust? What kind of wheels you got? From Rengas-Turku or where?
I'm watching too that TRD CAI. Same price that greddy, injen and k&n etc.
I have list from autokiila what parts they can get. Panel filter, door stabilator, front strut bar and oil filter + oil cap are available.
I have exhaust already from martelius. Little sponsor deal. and H&R -25mm lowering springs. Also lip kit. And already second wheels of this spring/summer.
Now i'm watching bc racing coilovers and waiting more information from autotune.fi for innovate twin screw supercharger kit. Little more low-end torque.
Of course two are enough for meet! we can get cup of coffee to ABC auranlaakso/koulukatu or orikedon shell someday. I'm almost free everh day for car meets.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
firehawk

Garage
I got a set of 17x7.5" Enkei RPF1s from AutoRacing in Helsinki but went over to Rengas-Turku today to have them fitted with the original Primacy HP tyres (only drove them for 400km before snow fell, hah). Result:

Could use some slightly lower springs but I don't know yet which ones to go for. Eibach Pro-Kit or RCE Yellows may be good choices - some favourable reviews on this site, at least. However, either of those will probably introduce some extra negative camber so some method of adjustment would be required as well.

The exhaust is the SuperSprint package with a catless front pipe, center pipe (no muffler), rear muffler and round tips. It will be shipped directly from Italy and hopefully I'll have it installed by sometime early June.

I shouldn't have anything on my calendar for friday evening after I leave work at 17:00, so anytime after that would be fine for a mini-meet. Mon/Tue next week are also good.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
tunsbe

Garage
Quote:
I got a set of 17x7.5" Enkei RPF1s from AutoRacing in Helsinki but went over to Rengas-Turku today to have them fitted with the original Primacy HP tyres (only drove them for 400km before snow fell, hah). Result:

Could use some slightly lower springs but I don't know yet which ones to go for. Eibach Pro-Kit or RCE Yellows may be good choices - some favourable reviews on this site, at least. However, either of those will probably introduce some extra negative camber so some method of adjustment would be required as well.

The exhaust is the SuperSprint package with a catless front pipe, center pipe (no muffler), rear muffler and round tips. It will be shipped directly from Italy and hopefully I'll have it installed by sometime early June.

I shouldn't have anything on my calendar for friday evening after I leave work at 17:00, so anytime after that would be fine for a mini-meet. Mon/Tue next week are also good.
Wheels look good. Lightweight. I look those too but i cannot find wide enough.
I'm happy with H&R springs. Will cause negative camper in rear. Thats fit for me because i have wide rear wheels. Cost 189€ from ebay. 258€ from KCS.fi.
Now i'm thinking Bc Racing br coilovers from mamasan or deadracer.fi. Costs 899€.

Martelius also sells Supersprint exhausts, i look from ebay and full Supersprint exhaust with header costs around 5000€. :O Martelius will do full exhaust for me. Header maybe in june.
If i get that Innovate supercharger kit, i'll get 3" exhaust from martelius.

I think friday fits for me too. I leave work same time, about 17.00. Do we switch numbers in pm?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
firehawk

Garage
Hmm, what are the spring rates on the H&R springs - they don't seem to be listed on the table here. I'd prefer something that would give handling characteristics somewhat closer to what the BRZ has, plus about 25mm drop in ride height.

I didn't know Martelius makes an exhaust for the GT86 as well. Did they custom-build it just for your car or is it a design they will be selling as a product?

Can't make it today for a meet, so we'd have to try sometime next week. I'll drop you a PM with my contact info.