follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
FT86 Motorsports
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List
Doborder, orthojoe

Old 04-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #239
KiP40

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Yes, I ran into an unexpected problem when I re-used my washer.

No, it didn't leak (the bottom of my transmission is completely dry). But the washer got crushed/squished to the point where I couldn't take it off drain plug anymore. Basically, the inside diameter of the washer became smaller than the diameter of the threads on the drain plug. The outside diameter of the washer expanded out, while the inside diameter expanded inward from being crushed too much. Hope this makes sense.

Not a big deal, but I went ahead and ordered a new drain plug for next time. I had to put the old drain plug back on (along with the previously twice-crushed washer) since it was gonna take a few days for the new drain plug to arrive. I've checked it a few times after driving around for a few weeks now, its not leaking.. even with the thrice-used washer.
Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I will order a new drain plug next time I switch the fluids to play it safe.
KiP40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
differential, diy, fluid, transmission