follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #519
SmileyMe

Drives: 2016 BRZ series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
Wonder how they're dealing with paint? Color matching on bumpers is already hell, now that you'll have paint that wasn't in the same batch as your car, painted at a different time, who knows where... man, you should make them give you some accessories or something too. This is a big screw up.
Like I mentioned above they resprayed my whole bumper with Hyper.blue and honestly I can not tell at all, the transition is seemless. That being said its still my original bumper so it is a little bit different of a situation.
SmileyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #520
turbosupra94

Drives: 2015 WRB Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBgon View Post
Thanks 4 hour ago John,

This was me when the dealer called me an hour ago to tell me my car delivered last night (ETA was 11/9) and the 'techs' had already drilled into the bumper and removed the shipping plastics that I had specifically requested to not be done September 12th.
Had this happen when I traded in my 2013 for a series.blue. I said I would go pickup the car somewhere else since there was a few around. They replaced the bumper for free. But because it was a new color it took over a month for the body shop to get factory paint directly from Subaru. They gave me the gold warranty for a year I think and the rear bumper protection for free.

Still was very frustrating after every document said Do Not Drill Bumper. Sales guy said well that's what happens when the guys that prep the car don't speak English...... To top it off they drilled the holes crooked. The body shop was good for the most part. The color match is better then the bumper that came with the car. However after a year the bumper is coming off slightly cause they probably didn't install new bumper clips under the headlights. Known issue when you remove the bumpers they don't sit the same again.
turbosupra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turbosupra94 For This Useful Post:
JohnBgon (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #521
JohnBgon

Drives: 2016 BRZ Lim. DGM MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosupra94 View Post
Had this happen when I traded in my 2013 for a series.blue. I said I would go pickup the car somewhere else since there was a few around. They replaced the bumper for free. But because it was a new color it took over a month for the body shop to get factory paint directly from Subaru. They gave me the gold warranty for a year I think and the rear bumper protection for free.

Still was very frustrating after every document said Do Not Drill Bumper. Sales guy said well that's what happens when the guys that prep the car don't speak English...... To top it off they drilled the holes crooked. The body shop was good for the most part. The color match is better then the bumper that came with the car. However after a year the bumper is coming off slightly cause they probably didn't install new bumper clips under the headlights. Known issue when you remove the bumpers they don't sit the same again.
Yeah, hearing all the potential issues has made me cancel the bumper replacement.

I went and talked with the sales manager. They're re-ordering the car for me with explicit instructions to not touch it AT ALL once it arrives. We'll see...
JohnBgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #522
johan

Drives: '14 981CS, '99 NB1
Thanked 1,201 Times in 631 Posts
Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBgon View Post
Yeah, hearing all the potential issues has made me cancel the bumper replacement.

I went and talked with the sales manager. They're re-ordering the car for me with explicit instructions to not touch it AT ALL once it arrives. We'll see...
Good call sir. I'm sure everyone at the dealership has learned some very important/painful lessons. Being your first new car purchase, in the long run, you'll be very glad that you stood your ground on this.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johan For This Useful Post:
JohnBgon (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #523
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Reordering... Hyperblue? How? They're all already dealer allocated I thought.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #524
JohnBgon

Drives: 2016 BRZ Lim. DGM MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
Good call sir. I'm sure everyone at the dealership has learned some very important/painful lessons. Being your first new car purchase, in the long run, you'll be very glad that you stood your ground on this.
Thanks. I hope so. Really wanted to avoid having to go 'John Q' on the dealership.

(my son is my car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
Reordering... Hyperblue? How? They're all already dealer allocated I thought.
I ordered DGM, but was just in this thread with 2016 purchases (Didn't think the issue would become so complicated.)

Last edited by JohnBgon; 11-06-2015 at 04:03 PM.
JohnBgon is offline   Reply With Quote