follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

View Poll Results: Are you interrested in buying the skibox bracket?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
Qc86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 M6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow NEW Skibox/cargo box mount bracket for the twin!

Hey everyone! (Let me know if in the wrong place)

I haven't been too active on the forum recently, I'm way more active on Instagram (chrlz86)

Some of you might have already seen my car in the internet.

I'm from Canada, and I used my 86 pretty much everyday, I was looking to get more storage in my car because as you know, never enough storage.

I was looking at the skibox someone could put on top but there was only 2 options, the Yakima rack( which i heard could dent your roof) and the Rhino rack( which you need to drill in your roof)

I wasnt a big fan of either option and I really didnt like having a skibox that was 4 inch from the top because of the bars.

SO I CAME IN WITH MY IDEA.

I've seen some lambo's and R8's with these, and I was like ; why not on a 86?

So I bought some Sea suckers and I started designing my own bracket to install in the back window.

A lot of time thinking and after several models I made, I finally came with the perfect bracket.

The fitment is ON POINT and the skibox holds very well ( drove over 160kmh no problems)

I started posting pictures on Instagran and got hundreds and hundreds of people asking me if I would sell them, and always said no.

But today I changed my mind and I think it would be a good idea to do a group buy for the brackets.

I was wondering if there would be people ready to buy these and if you'd be ready for a group buy?!

If I have 20 person interrested I'll make into production.

I've seen another company offering the same braket for VW/ Audi and it was around $1000 ( which I find expensive)

I'd sell my bracket kit $400 +shipping(raw finish, extra for any powdercoat color)

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...3Zzhh4rTmBXyjF

Trying to upload picture if not available at the moment refer at my instagram Chrlz86, plenty of picture

Last edited by Qc86; 07-18-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Qc86 is offline   Reply With Quote