follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #15
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
I have seen this problem in a friends swapped car. The culprit there was that there was a cable in the ECU harness that was grounding out and making the computer go crazy. The issue would happen totally random, but I specifically remember the "dead pedal" issue when the ECU was loosing communication. Fixing the wire in the ECU harness did the trick. This might not be your issue at all, but its something to think about later on if the steps you are taking now don't fix the issue.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #16
scarysquash

Drives: 2015 FRS(auto)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey everyone. Cleaning the throttle body didn't fix it :/

I decided to stop logging the airflow/map info since nothing seemed odd with those numbers and swapped it to log Absolute throttle position, Commanded Throttle Actuator, Relative throttle position, and accelerator pedal position D and E.

My understanding is these should all be fairly similar to each other. I noticed that around the time where the hesitation/unresponsive pedal occurs there is a dip in Acc. Pedal Position D/E. One stays steady while the other drops. See attached image.
You can see acc. pedal position D drops.

Here's a link to the datazap log if you want to see https://datazap.me/u/scarysquash/log...7-931&mark=912

any ideas? Could the pedal sensor be going bad?
scarysquash is offline   Reply With Quote