follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #113
JerryMichaels7

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For real...this wasn't a vendor thread. This was a hey we are testing this for this manufacture.
DesertFrs (03-02-2014), FreshFRS (03-02-2014), Future (03-03-2014), hmong337 (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #114
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMichaels7 View Post
For real...this wasn't a vendor thread. This was a hey we are testing this for this manufacture.
yupp gotta agree with you on this one.
FreshFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #115
DesertFrs

Drives: Scion FRS 10 Series AVO Turbo
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Once I find out more info on Cams I will be updating this post for everybody to see.
DesertFrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #116
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Garage
...so you can get banned too. Seems like a worthy cause with a predictable ending.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #117
DesertFrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
...so you can get banned too. Seems like a worthy cause with a predictable ending.
If by receiving information from a manufacture and posting it letting everyone know when they will be releasing the product or not will cause me to get banned. I would definitely want to see someone ban me, as this does not violate the rules. This thread is about cams not people bashing on others.

As I believe Real Car Enthusiasts should always be up to date with new product out in the market.

But hey it's only my .02
Old 03-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #118
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Garage
And I completely agree, but someone higher up does not.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:10 AM   #119
Snake

Drives: ADM Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Terrible, the only people releasing info on Cams and they get banned, BOO!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (03-28-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #120
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
Depends. They are a shop, and this info thread could be interpreted as driving business to their shop, and I don't see their name in Vendor Blue.

Not sure if that was the case before the ban, though.

That being said, if they were sponsors it was the end of the month and other vendors have been prematurely banned because sponsorship payment wasn't handled smoothly.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #121
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Yeah the issue to me is making your username the name of a shop and business who is in the market of selling parts/services for these cars. I know of a couple of others who have well known shop names who post on here also but do not necessarily promote anything so they don't run into issues.
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #122
JerryMichaels7

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
they weren't promoting crap..they were testing a new product for our platform. They never once in any of there threads say hey we can do this to your car, or even promoting sales or service.
DesertFrs (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #123
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFrs View Post
If by receiving information from a manufacture and posting it letting everyone know when they will be releasing the product or not will cause me to get banned. I would definitely want to see someone ban me, as this does not violate the rules. This thread is about cams not people bashing on others.

As I believe Real Car Enthusiasts should always be up to date with new product out in the market.

But hey it's only my .02
They can get you for this, "Reason:*Do not make posts or participate on the site for a banned member. Continuing to do so will lose in the loss of your account."

Ask me how I know.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
wparsons (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #124
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMichaels7 View Post
they weren't promoting crap..they were testing a new product for our platform. They never once in any of there threads say hey we can do this to your car, or even promoting sales or service.
This right here is why I wish a certain Subaru forum would have been better received by 86 owners.....

But hey they are semi nazi at times as well.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #125
DesertFrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Terrible, the only people releasing info on Cams and they get banned, BOO!
To clarify @DAMotorsports was never releasing cams they were testing a product. It's like me having a brand new Turbo kit that no one else had and posting my finds of install and performance. I too agree the only person that had info got banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Depends. They are a shop, and this info thread could be interpreted as driving business to their shop, and I don't see their name in Vendor Blue.

Not sure if that was the case before the ban, though.

That being said, if they were sponsors it was the end of the month and other vendors have been prematurely banned because sponsorship payment wasn't handled smoothly.
That being said they are not a shop, it's car enthusiast that has been racing for several years that knows a lot of people in the performance automotive industry. He doesn't even sell a single part or item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
Yeah the issue to me is making your username the name of a shop and business who is in the market of selling parts/services for these cars. I know of a couple of others who have well known shop names who post on here also but do not necessarily promote anything so they don't run into issues.
He never placed any advertisement on the forum on any thread or post. I went through every single post and thread he comment on or created; as I was interested to know myself too. Plus I don't think he does this for a living nor as a side job. All he did was create a thread stating that he has knowledge about cams and this was his results performance wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
They can get you for this, "Reason:*Do not make posts or participate on the site for a banned member. Continuing to do so will lose in the loss of your account."

Ask me how I know.
I'm not participating on a site for a banned member either. As all I'm doing is getting information from a company the creates cams. If not then I'll keep that info to myself and let you guys find out through your resources. All I'm doing is giving credit where is due. From my two eyes I don't see where he violated the rules.

Last edited by DesertFrs; 03-03-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Adding content
Old 03-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #126
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFrs View Post
To clarify @DAMotorsports was never releasing cams they were testing a product. It's like me having a brand new Turbo kit that no one else had and posting my finds of install and performance.

That being said they are not a shop, it's car enthusiast that has been racing for several years that knows a lot of people in the performance automotive industry.

He never placed any advertisement on the forum on any thread or post. I went through every single post and thread he comment on or created; as I was interested to know myself too. Plus I don't think he does this for a living nor as a side job. All he did was create a thread stating that he has knowledge about cams and this was his results performance wise.

I'm not participating on a site for a banned member either. As all I'm doing is getting information from a company the creates cams. If not then I'll keep that info to myself and let you guys find out through your resources. All I'm doing is giving credit where is due. From my two eyes I don't see where he violated the rules.
When I read DAMotorsports, I (and probably a lot of others) interpret that as a shop. I don't know of too many groups of people calling themselves 'X Motorsports' that aren't. And what I'm reading, is they are a shop that has an exclusive product. That's promotional. 'Hey maybe these guys can install cams for me'.

That's an obvious way to interpret it.

They aren't the first member to end up in this position. But it's probably readily fixable.

A big advantage of this forum is that all sponsors pay a small fee, rather than a couple that cover the majority of the site's costs and end up 'protected' and end up dominating the forum, to the detriment of the community.

But a side effect, is that the site seems take action on the smaller members that appear (whether they are or not) to be skirting the rules.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote