follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #729
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M23 View Post
So, from what other mentioned..these are really good and worth checking?
Parasyte
Deadman Wonderland
Log Horizon
Noragomi
Psycho Pass

What's 'Girl's School'(arc?)? ..can't seem to find it on google/wiki...links?
Not that they are 100% comparable by any means, but I think Sword Art Online is quite a bit better than Log Horizon. Being an MMO player, I keep up with both. Log Horizon entertains me but the first season of Sword Art Online blew me away.
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #730
frsjon

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S 6mt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So i just finished up a couple of this seasons shows. I finished akame ga kill and Sword art online II. Trinity seven and fruits of grisaia are almost over as well. Great shows this season.
frsjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #731
FyeaFRS

Drives: 1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type-M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Not that they are 100% comparable by any means, but I think Sword Art Online is quite a bit better than Log Horizon. Being an MMO player, I keep up with both. Log Horizon entertains me but the first season of Sword Art Online blew me away.
I agree, the first season of SAO was amazing. But for me season two sizzled out after the GGO tourny.

I really like Log Horizon for all the specific RGP references, compared to say, .hack
FyeaFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #732
M23
Banned

Drives: 86
Quote:
Ya..SAO 1 is good..but the 2nd season is quite sht/boring lol.
M23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #733
M23
Banned

As for Cowboy Bebop..I tried to get into it, iirc, more than 10 years ago when I was younger and I honestly didn't get into it. I forgot why. Maybe I was younger, or maybe I wasn't into animes at the time, or maybe it was harder to view/access back then compared to today (online anime sites, youtube, torrents, etc, is much better today).

I'll give it another go..maybe I'll love it.

Btw.. how many seasons and eps is Cowboy Bebop? Is it only the old eps/season from '98 or are there newer/different ones?

Lovin ToraDora though..that Palmtop Taiga is a funny gal lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to M23 For This Useful Post:
Nevermore (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #734
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
There's only the one Cowboy Bebop season with 26 episodes (besides the movie as well...) Cowboy Bebop a deep and interesting look at relationships/life if you dive into it, but can also be enjoyed by many for the easy low hanging fruit of the action/comedy/art.

It is the very definition of a "Masterpiece" series...every detail was paid attention to and thought out: the story, characters, world and its content (there is more hidden content/references in Cowboy Bebop than most any other show, non-anime included), detailed artwork, and music... it's a 100% faultlessly integrated piece of art that you can get something new from with every watch due to the fact it's not really a show about people just "doing things"/going on adventures/forming a group. At it's core it's a look at human relationships/philosophy and how a person's reaction to the situations they face in life speaks volumes to their "character"/philosophy of living this life.

Like life, whether it is an enjoyable experience that you would be interested in is totally up to the viewer...

Last edited by Vracer111; 12-20-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vracer111 For This Useful Post:
DylanFRS (12-21-2014), M23 (12-21-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #735
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Bebop is a single short run of 26 episodes and a movie that takes place sometime shortly before the end of the series. Short and sweet without diluted filler seasons.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #736
FyeaFRS

Drives: 1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type-M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
This... Some of the best writing to date. To me, all other anime gets compared to Cowboy Bebop. Probably why I don't watch nearly as much as I used to.

I just got my Funimation edition blu-ray set delivered earlier in the week, I was very excited.
I'm raging on Funimation right now for delaying Eva 3.33 for almost a year now..
FyeaFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #737
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,481 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Legend of Korra ended yesterday and it was fantastic.

Seriously, The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, do it. First half of Season 1 of TLA is a bit rough as it is undoubtedly a kids show but it evolves really quick after that. A series with a ton of depth and thought into character development and action sequences that carry meaning and insight into the characters personalities and development.

Also got Bebop on Bluray this week, up to episode 18 and I can see why it doesn't grab some people, many episodes are quiet slow burns. You need to sit down and appreciate it which is hard when you're sitting on the couch with a phone/tablet/laptop within reach. It is beautiful though, it is art.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #738
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M23 View Post
So, from what other mentioned..these are really good and worth checking?
Parasyte
Deadman Wonderland
Log Horizon
Noragomi
Psycho Pass

What's 'Girl's School'(arc?)? ..can't seem to find it on google/wiki...links?
What kinds of things do you like? There are plenty of great shows to watch +1 to cowboy bebop,
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #739
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Just watched Akira again, awesome movie.

Cowboy Bebop is the best.

Ghost in the Shell is up there with Cowboy Bebop in my book.
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #740
M23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
What kinds of things do you like? There are plenty of great shows to watch +1 to cowboy bebop,
It can be anything really (except mecca/robot)..from ghibli studio stuff, to akira, to honey and clover, to akame, to k-on, to ghost in the shell, to evengelion, to attack on titan, to kill la kill, etc., etc.

...just has to be "good", closer to a "masterpiece" the better. I guess a better word would be "timeless" classic.

...cute girls and occasional food scenes are a plus
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #741
M23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
There's only the one Cowboy Bebop season with 26 episodes (besides the movie as well...) Cowboy Bebop a deep and interesting look at relationships/life if you dive into it, but can also be enjoyed by many for the easy low hanging fruit of the action/comedy/art.

It is the very definition of a "Masterpiece" series...every detail was paid attention to and thought out: the story, characters, world and its content (there is more hidden content/references in Cowboy Bebop than most any other show, non-anime included), detailed artwork, and music... it's a 100% faultlessly integrated piece of art that you can get something new from with every watch due to the fact it's not really a show about people just "doing things"/going on adventures/forming a group. At it's core it's a look at human relationships/philosophy and how a person's reaction to the situations they face in life speaks volumes to their "character"/philosophy of living this life.

Like life, whether it is an enjoyable experience that you would be interested in is totally up to the viewer...
Nice...and well said. Sounds like something I'd like.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:28 PM   #742
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
A couple of exceptions to mecha titles you should see:

Break Blade (OVA movies) [volume is low on the OP video below]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3GDzFSaXc"]Break Blade OP - YouTube[/ame]

FLAG - a series about a war photojournalist that is told from a behind the lens perspective...kind of a one of a kind anime:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1B5bWtZwhQ"]Flag ep 00 - YouTube[/ame]

And another title which breaks some rules in anime, but is a masterpiece for what it does and is one of my all time favorites (and will always be in my Top 5) - Redline. Note this video focuses on some of the actions parts of the movie, and where there is a lot of action in it, it is a love story at it's core which uses racing as a backdrop for the story (much like RUSH is a 'racing' movie):

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRYWPe81Y4"]Redline AMV - Let's Go - YouTube[/ame]

And though not really anime, RWBY is based off the love of anime and really is quite something with it's storyline and fight choreography...and crazy humor.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscmPEd9gJI"]RWBY AMV - Project: LEGEND - YouTube[/ame]

And the soundtrack is top notch as well...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEbCwHKAE5U"]Wings – RWBY Volume 1 OST - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im4OYJWWMWQ"]Sacrifice - RWBY Volume 2 Soundtrack - Feat. Casey Lee Williams - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Vracer111; 12-22-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vracer111 For This Useful Post:
M23 (12-22-2014), strat61caster (12-22-2014)

Tags
anime, ecchi