follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #85
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
nobody is talking about the 06/07 cobalt (well they are but that isnt the car that brought this thread up) the t/c cobalt has 260 hp/ 260tq stock and handles much better than the s/c version as well. its entirely within reason to see that kind of gain from a tune, intake and exhaust on the t/c car (i think)
The thread title is titled the Cobalt SS. There were three Cobalt SS engines produced (NA, super charged, and turbo). The turbo was released late into the model's lifecycle (second half of 2008) for emissions reasons and the turbo model is most likely the most rare one to find (they only made 500 sedans).

So while you maybe referring to the turbo model, there are probably a lot more of the other SS models on the street and for sale.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #86
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
The thread title is titled the Cobalt SS. There were three Cobalt SS engines produced (NA, super charged, and turbo). The turbo was released late into the model's lifecycle (second half of 2008) for emissions reasons and the turbo model is most likely the most rare one to find (they only made 500 sedans).

So while you maybe referring to the turbo model, there are probably a lot more of the other SS models on the street and for sale.
im sure we can evaluate the merits the different cobalt ss iterations but i wrote that thread in response to what someone said about cuda joes dyno plot and the potential of the car he owned.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #87
r1owner

Drives: Volvo 850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbar View Post
I can't wait to get to NC. I know these little shitboxes are everywhere.

I'll let you know next time I'm in N.C. at VIR in my 'shitbox' so you can show me how fast you are.

If you happen to be passing thru Saint Louis on your way there, let me know and I'll be happy to show you what the Cobalt is capable of.
r1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #88
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1owner View Post
I'll let you know next time I'm in N.C. at VIR in my 'shitbox' so you can show me how fast you are.

If you happen to be passing thru Saint Louis on your way there, let me know and I'll be happy to show you what the Cobalt is capable of.
The BRZ is on a trailer behind a semi. Hopefully I'll get several trips a year up to vir, I'm always down to play. Ill bring both my cars, the other is a fwd too.
Wonderbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #89
CudaJoe

Drives: 09' Chevrolet Cobalt SS sedan
Quote:
The BRZ is on a trailer behind a semi. Hopefully I'll get several trips a year up to vir, I'm always down to play. Ill bring both my cars, the other is a fwd too.

It would be a close in the lap times

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKiAh9Xvmw8&list=TLrKYUCyjODRs"]SSTC sedan vs STI vs SSTC Coupe - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKC9FNn01Kg&list=TLrKYUCyjODRs"]2009Cobalt SS/TC vs E92 M3 & 06 ZO6 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcC8BpW9Wk&list=TLrKYUCyjODRs"]Nissan GTR vs Cobalt - YouTube[/ame]
^That ones pretty fun to watch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzY_n3q6Do&list=TLrKYUCyjODRs"]09 Cobalt SS/TC vs Turbo Civic, Mosport - YouTube[/ame]
CudaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #90
r1owner

Drives: Volvo 850
Quote:
VIR is an amazing facility, you'll love it.

Drive safe.
r1owner is offline   Reply With Quote