follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
jl86

Drives: Aerox 74cc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello! This Supra its very nice, i like Japan cars. My uncle before had an Eclispe, was purple and rigged (exhaust, brakes, coliovers, engine...).

Sorry if you dont understand me, i practise english everyday and i'm slowly learning.
jl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jl86 For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (08-22-2012), RRnold (08-22-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
@RRnold congrats and welcome back to the fold! Cheers to keeping it relatively stock. Mods are fun but there's a lot to be said for a completely reliable MkIV with solid maintenance and zero issues. We've enjoyed this approach for years. The bestwheelbase Supra is not the fastest around, but it's the most consistent, trouble-free, and plenty strong. A couple subtle tweaks to make it our own and you can be happy for years.

Join the Supra Owner's group here on FT86Club. We're growing.
Thanks! :happy0180:

Can you post up some pics of your Supra! This car has a lot of significance with my younger years just like how a '69 Camaro, '55 Chevy, '66 Nova SS, '64 Impala, '72 Corolla etc did were to our parents.

Hearing stories from my Dad, Uncle and older cousins talking about how they missed their cars, the memories and how much fun they had to not only own it but fix it. I lurked on SF, pm'd a few people asking questions and they usually seemed to get annoyed by me even though it's their sale.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
jl86

I'm looking for some pictures, but the problem is that my uncle sold the car when i was fourteen. I asked him if he has some pictures tomorrow. He now has an Audi A4.

I also see that you love motorcycles, i love it motorcycles!
The Following User Says Thank You to jl86 For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl86 View Post
Hello! This Supra its very nice, i like Japan cars. My uncle before had an Eclispe, was purple and rigged (exhaust, brakes, coliovers, engine...).

Sorry if you dont understand me, i practise english everyday and i'm slowly learning.
Your English is pretty good! Instead of "rigged", we say "modified" or "modded", or sometimes slang expressions like "souped up", "fixed up" "tricked out", "pimped out", etc.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbowned For This Useful Post:
jl86 (08-23-2012), RRnold (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Sweet man. In the 90's I ordered TWO Supra brochures from Toyota corporate and did an art project in high school regarding my future dreams and drew a Supra in the middle lol.

Word of advice, I would hire a professional in the area just to check the seriousness of the accident (if it were in San Diego, SIRY Auto Group offers this service for like $120 and they are GOOD at it). Or at least check the frame rails along the underbody for clamp marks indicating the frame has been pulled. I had a G35 that was in a "minor" accident which didn't show up on the Carfax/AutoCheck. A few months into ownership the rear axle started creaking. It probably had new suspension parts when I bought it so the gremlins took months to surface. The rear end had been tweaked and if I bought new suspension parts I knew the symptoms would repeat in a few months. All the dealerships/Carmax were offering me $7k-$10k for it (about half of what I bought it for). Siry and Carmax caught all the same issues; Siry caught more.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Is the car an original wingless? Or we're the holes filled?

The lack of 'turbo' is accurate for a 93, and if it is a factory wingless turbo, then you have found quite a rare gem indeed!!

Congrats! Treat her well!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012), Scion1181 (09-01-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #21
KevinDuMa

Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Nice supra man!
KevinDuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinDuMa For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Super jealous. Mint and a rare find! Looks great.

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyWookiee For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
jl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Your English is pretty good! Instead of "rigged", we say "modified" or "modded", or sometimes slang expressions like "souped up", "fixed up" "tricked out", "pimped out", etc.
Thanks Turbowned. I'll try to change my vocabulary slowly and patiently!

RRnold, you will buy a FR-S/BRZ? Or the Supra will be your car for a long time? I'd take the supra is a myth. Because even if i had the FR-S/BRZ, i would modified supra!

In my country havent a lot of Supras, so i enjoy this car, eclipse, mr2, s2000, etc.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
Guff

Garage
Maintenance on the Supra is not too bad, but aftermarket parts can get a tad bit expensive!

You will definitely enjoy the stock car! And when the mod bug bites (it will ) you will enjoy BPU, BPU+, BPU++, APU, APU+, etc....

And the V160 might feel a bit rubbery, but it's the best!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Scion1181 (09-01-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #25
Deebeaux
i void warranties.

Drives: '14 Tesla Model S P85
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Nice find. I got frustrated trying to walk down the Supra path again. I've had many and always miss them. Just couldn't bring myself to drop the cash required for a MKIV on a 15-18 year old car again. I got my FR-S instead of a MKIV this time around, hopefully it'll stand as a good decision.

Love to see when an enthusiast grabs one of the clean unmolested gems though. Good find!
The Following User Says Thank You to Deebeaux For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-25-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #26
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Sweet man. In the 90's I ordered TWO Supra brochures from Toyota corporate and did an art project in high school regarding my future dreams and drew a Supra in the middle lol.

Word of advice, I would hire a professional in the area just to check the seriousness of the accident (if it were in San Diego, SIRY Auto Group offers this service for like $120 and they are GOOD at it). Or at least check the frame rails along the underbody for clamp marks indicating the frame has been pulled. I had a G35 that was in a "minor" accident which didn't show up on the Carfax/AutoCheck. A few months into ownership the rear axle started creaking. It probably had new suspension parts when I bought it so the gremlins took months to surface. The rear end had been tweaked and if I bought new suspension parts I knew the symptoms would repeat in a few months. All the dealerships/Carmax were offering me $7k-$10k for it (about half of what I bought it for). Siry and Carmax caught all the same issues; Siry caught more.
Did you trim too so that they looked like they were lowered!

I heard really iffy stuff from SIRY and TBH wouldn't bring it there.

There is a Toyota certified master mechanic up in Escondido (Mike Carwin s/n twincharge on SF), AJUSA in Mira Mesa or T from Elite Lexus/Toyota in Miramar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Is the car an original wingless? Or we're the holes filled?

The lack of 'turbo' is accurate for a 93, and if it is a factory wingless turbo, then you have found quite a rare gem indeed!!

Congrats! Treat her well!
I asked him it had the factory wing then filled. He said that you would be able to tell at certain angles if it was filled but this one doesn't show it and all VINs are there; so it could be an original wingless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl86 View Post
Thanks Turbowned. I'll try to change my vocabulary slowly and patiently!

RRnold, you will buy a FR-S/BRZ? Or the Supra will be your car for a long time? I'd take the supra is a myth. Because even if i had the FR-S/BRZ, i would modified supra!

In my country havent a lot of Supras, so i enjoy this car, eclipse, mr2, s2000, etc.

I was planning to buy one but was willing to wait until 2rd or 3rd year. Now with this car, I'm going to delay it a little more longer or wait for a used one. The paint issues seemed to really worry me, especially for being brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaquestion View Post
I was going to get a Supra instead of my M3, and than I saw how much they cost to own and I jumped ship.

Everything about them is overpriced as hell, throw a 20 year old car into the mix and it gets ridiculous. Hopefully Ill have one somebody after i'm married and settled.

Grats on the purchase!
The previous owner had a Haynes shop manual so that's all I need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Maintenance on the Supra is not too bad, but aftermarket parts can get a tad bit expensive!

You will definitely enjoy the stock car! And when the mod bug bites (it will ) you will enjoy BPU, BPU+, BPU++, APU, APU+, etc....

And the V160 might feel a bit rubbery, but it's the best!!
I know! My boy forwarded me 18" ADV10 deep concave and when I saw they were $2150/each and like, "I'm good!"

He's also flying with me since the car is in Missouri and is an Audi guy but will be my extra eyes and ears. I plan to keep it stock and rely on my motos to help my speed fix.

Mir, Andrew or any other Supra owners, let me know if there anything that might stand out to you in the undercarriage. Here are pics.

Is it me or does the gas tank look dented on one of the corners?!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Wow congrats! My friend back in the day had same color and interior.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZetaVI For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #28
Guff

Garage
Undercarriage looks great! My brother said its almost too clean!! I have never seen a Trans crossmember that was still silver...

Looks beautiful and completely straight!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
RRnold (08-23-2012), Scion1181 (09-01-2012)