follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
funny how its a bumper to bumper warranty but wont cover bumper damages..i hate when the sales people called it that
norsamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
.Alex

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There isn't anything that can void your warranty. However, they can deny warranty repair to your vehicle for aftermarket modifications.

Which is why I recommmend not to mod unless:
A. You're out of warranty
B. You're using oem performance parts.
.Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to .Alex For This Useful Post:
Gixxersixxerman (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
.Alex

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goke186 View Post
bolt on's can be put back to stock if something comes up and needs to be warrantied, if you mod your car save all OEM parts.
And this is the reason why honest people who do need warranty repairs have such a headache at dealerships. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post
funny how its a bumper to bumper warranty but wont cover bumper damages..i hate when the sales people called it that
Are you upset because of the name "bumper to bumper" warranty or that it doesn't cover damage to body panels?
.Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #18
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
im not upset i find it amusing that they call it that.
norsamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #19
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Alex View Post
And this is the reason why honest people who do need warranty repairs have such a headache at dealerships. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

like was already meantioned.. nothing "voids" a warranty. just deny to fix it becasue of said mod

and i agree to a point.. if i have a part i put on and that part caused a problem, then id pay to fix it, how ever, working at a dealership for years i know that me putting on the injen intake wouldnt cause a issue with the VVTI so if there was a issue with that and i made the appointment to get it fixed, then yes, my intake will come off and the stock one goes on... the reason.. the first thing the dealership is going to say is thats what caused it, knowing that it didnt, but they dont want to perform warranty work, they want customer pay work.. so then i have to argue, and get a rep, then they have to come out there and look at it, then agree yeah thats not the problem, then start the work.. so something that takes say a week, now is three..
'
been there and seen it many many times.. people love to mod mustangs, always had issues, even though that issue never had a direct fault to the problem.. be surprised how many people end up paying out of pocket for what they can get a rep to come out and warranty
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #20
goke186

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post

and i agree to a point.. if i have a part i put on and that part caused a problem, then id pay to fix it, how ever, working at a dealership for years i know that me putting on the injen intake wouldnt cause a issue with the VVTI so if there was a issue with that and i made the appointment to get it fixed, then yes, my intake will come off and the stock one goes on... the reason.. the first thing the dealership is going to say is thats what caused it, knowing that it didnt, but they dont want to perform warranty work, they want customer pay work.. so then i have to argue, and get a rep, then they have to come out there and look at it, then agree yeah thats not the problem, then start the work.. so something that takes say a week, now is three..
'
been there and seen it many many times.. people love to mod mustangs, always had issues, even though that issue never had a direct fault to the problem.. be surprised how many people end up paying out of pocket for what they can get a rep to come out and warranty
^^This

VTR http://vtrweb.com/ (Reccomended Pacific NW Shop!) [CLOSED]

AVO Turbo http://www.avoturboworld.com (Great Products for a Great Price!)
goke186 is offline   Reply With Quote