follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #5979
dpgfunk

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintexUSA View Post
We reapplied a few months ago. It's just a paperwork thing.
This was stated back in November. Any updates on the CARB approval?
dpgfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #5980
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Just posting this up to show what my dual radium catch cans are catching from my innovate supercharger. Left can is the PCV side and and right can is the engine breather side. About a weeks worth of accumulation with 40-80 degree weather and normal/ spirited driving. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422844206.132722.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  277.1 KB
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
J.C. (02-12-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #5981
sb

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Can anyone give some insight on what builds/scenarios would merit the intercooled setup vs non?

E.g Non is good for ###hp/Intercooled if ambient temps are ##F
sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #5982
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb View Post
Can anyone give some insight on what builds/scenarios would merit the intercooled setup vs non?

E.g Non is good for ###hp/Intercooled if ambient temps are ##F
Intercooled is always better. Intercooled system cools the compressed air entering the intake. AFAIK this allows for more timing or whatever to make more power since the charge won't be as hot.

But I don't think there is a case where non-intercooled is better. Intercooled setup will give you more power.
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #5983
sb

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
Intercooled is always better. Intercooled system cools the compressed air entering the intake. AFAIK this allows for more timing or whatever to make more power since the charge won't be as hot.

But I don't think there is a case where non-intercooled is better. Intercooled setup will give you more power.
Thanks. I didn't mean to say that non-intercooled might be more advantageous. I was more wondering at what point of the build do you meet the intercooler requirement threshold.
sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #5984
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Oh. Tracking. For street non-ic is fine
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #5985
R3NIK

Drives: 2013 FR-S/C
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Does anyone have the official reason on why Innovate stopped carrying Sprintex? I haven't found anything in a search or in a press release. Was it primarily a quality issue?
R3NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #5986
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3NIK View Post
Does anyone have the official reason on why Innovate stopped carrying Sprintex? I haven't found anything in a search or in a press release. Was it primarily a quality issue?
Sprintex decided to enter the NA market and I'm assuming decided not to re-up the resale agreement with innovate.
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikalem For This Useful Post:
R3NIK (02-04-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #5987
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hi all-
I am selling my car, so I sold my intercooled kit to a fellow member. Unfortunately, USPS decided to lose one of the boxes...the box with the intercooler (minus laminova), harness extensions, hoses, belts, intake tube, pulleys, etc... The box they did decide to deliver only contains the blower with the laminova core installed.

Does anyone know how I can go about replacing these parts? I need a full intercooler kit MINUS the laminova, and a bunch of parts for the blower. Sprintex was great when I called, but they requested that I send them an email since the guy didn't know the answer on the phone. Unfortunately, they won't reply to my emails. I'm in a major bind, and need parts badly.

@SprintexUSA - I've sent a few emails to inquires@sprintexusa.com, as requested when I called. Unfortunately, no one is replying to my emails. There must be a way to order parts for this kit. Thanks.
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #5988
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeCal View Post
Hi all-
I am selling my car, so I sold my intercooled kit to a fellow member. Unfortunately, USPS decided to lose one of the boxes...the box with the intercooler (minus laminova), harness extensions, hoses, belts, intake tube, pulleys, etc... The box they did decide to deliver only contains the blower with the laminova core installed.

Does anyone know how I can go about replacing these parts? I need a full intercooler kit MINUS the laminova, and a bunch of parts for the blower. Sprintex was great when I called, but they requested that I send them an email since the guy didn't know the answer on the phone. Unfortunately, they won't reply to my emails. I'm in a major bind, and need parts badly.

@SprintexUSA - I've sent a few emails to inquires@sprintexusa.com, as requested when I called. Unfortunately, no one is replying to my emails. There must be a way to order parts for this kit. Thanks.
http://www.sprintex.com.au/price-list/

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #5989
TemeCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Thanks for the link. I was actually looking at that several days ago. Unfortunately, it does not include all the parts I need. Things like the harness extensions, bolts, etc... When I asked SprintexUSA about getting the intercooler kit without the laminova core, they weren't sure what to do...because it comes as a full kit to them.

The price list posted is a great start, but there are many parts I still need. Also, considering that is the Australia site, can I even buy those parts from SprintexUSA?

Unfortunately, I have a lot of unanswered questions just trying to get parts here.

@SprintexUSA - can you please chime in? ...or answer my emails I've been sending? You guys have been great in the past, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the lack of response. I've already lost the sale because of this mess (USPS losing a box), and am trying to fix things so I have a complete set to sell again.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #5990
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeCal View Post
Hi all-

You didn't make the buyer pay to insure his packages?
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #5991
TemeCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
You didn't make the buyer pay to insure his packages?
I actually paid for the shipping, and yes, I insured it. I only insured it for the rate of a "used" intercooler kit. However, it's been a nightmare working with USPS, and will take a minimum 3 weeks before I can even get the process started (this after showing them receipts, signed affidavit from the buyer, etc...). I've had very bad luck getting insurance money from USPS in the past.

The buyer is not at fault through any of this, so I'm trying to make it right for him. Unfortunately, it's all going to cost me a lot of $$$ out of pocket. I've learned a valuable lesson to only ship expensive items via UPS or FedEx.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TemeCal For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (02-05-2015), CSG Mike (02-06-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #5992
mokinbird87
BOXER FR

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
hi guys, I`m about to purchase a used innovate kit... are there any specifics to look for? I`m not gonna read all 273 pages but it seems like the belt and the pulley is where the issues are? and is it absolutely necessary to run E85 if i want to track race with the kit even if I will have an intercooler and an oil cooler?

thanks.

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.