follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #687
Jidonsu

Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Oops, I forgot to mention that the question was directed as SRT, since I'll be in their area this weekend. I figured might as well get the sucker installed while I'm there. One less thing for them to ship, if they have time, of course.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #688
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilus View Post
I am part of the first 20 to order this exhaust, is there anyone left that doesn't have their exhaust yet?
I have sent 3 or 4 PM's over the last two weeks with no reply. I understand SRT are busy, would just like a "not forgotten" we have so many to go... these are the ones left to post.......something like that would be great.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatley View Post
I'm one of the last 10, and I haven't received a peep on shipping. I am assuming its still Tip B, incorporates a cat, and regular size resonator. Other than that I chose the cheapo shipping with USPS. Maybe yours got shipped but they forgot to send you the shipping confirmation. I find it hard to believe that they haven't completed shipping the first 20. The last 10+1 may still be a while...
I thought they said they stopped production until the auto and drone was solved? I believe they stated earlier that if you had an auto or wanted the larger resonator to call them. That being said I could almost swear he said the first 20 shipped already.

EDIT: SRT, for those of us needing the auto fit pipe should we email our addresses to you with our order number? I am assuming we will be mailing back the old pipe for manual trans people.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hix For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #689
Swift Racing Technologies

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
By the way, how much to install the whole thing if I happen to be in the area this Saturday? Can the stock bits fit in the trunk with the back seat down?
The install labor for the swap is 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilus View Post
I am part of the first 20 to order this exhaust, is there anyone left that doesn't have their exhaust yet?
I have sent 3 or 4 PM's over the last two weeks with no reply. I understand SRT are busy, would just like a "not forgotten" we have so many to go... these are the ones left to post.......something like that would be great.
Cheers.
PMs replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatley View Post
I'm one of the last 10, and I haven't received a peep on shipping. I am assuming its still Tip B, incorporates a cat, and regular size resonator. Other than that I chose the cheapo shipping with USPS. Maybe yours got shipped but they forgot to send you the shipping confirmation. I find it hard to believe that they haven't completed shipping the first 20. The last 10+1 may still be a while...
We are getting the last batch ready now, just some delays making sure everyone has the opportunity to make up their mind regarding resonator, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
civicdrvr, if you get yours swapped out we should meet up. I can bring my GoPro and we can try and capture the sound difference. Although I don't know if the microphone can pick up frequencies that low!
At this point I definitely want to get the bigger resonator.
SRT, I wouldn't mind coming up there to get it swapped out. I have to drive up with my wife to look at apartments anyway.
Would it be better for you if I did that and let you swap out the mid-pipe or would it be better if you shipped me a new part and I ship you back the old one? Thanks
It is up to you. You can come over and we can switch it out for you, or we can ship you a new resonator and you would have to get it installed/welded. If you bring it here we will not charge you anything for the fab/labor.
Swift Racing Technologies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swift Racing Technologies For This Useful Post:
Neilus (08-28-2012), Sportsguy83 (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #690
Swift Racing Technologies

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post
I thought they said they stopped production until the auto and drone was solved? I believe they stated earlier that if you had an auto or wanted the larger resonator to call them. That being said I could almost swear he said the first 20 shipped already.

EDIT: SRT, for those of us needing the auto fit pipe should we email our addresses to you with our order number? I am assuming we will be mailing back the old pipe for manual trans people.
You are correct we have shipped out 20 sets. Just that the order in which we sent them got a mixed up. None of the international orders have shipped as of yet.

BUT you are correct we are just about ready to ship the next 10, BUT we want to verify with everyone before shipping that the resonator choice is what they want and weather their car is Auto or Manual.
Swift Racing Technologies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #691
Jidonsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Racing Technologies View Post
The install labor for the swap is 2 hours.

Thanks. Emailed you for details.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #692
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Quote:
It is up to you. You can come over and we can switch it out for you, or we can ship you a new resonator and you would have to get it installed/welded. If you bring it here we will not charge you anything for the fab/labor.
Does anyone have an idea at how much it would cost to have the labor done ourselves?
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #693
Hix

What do you guys think about MBRP resonators? I assume you are using Vibrant. I wanted to do a 5 inch body by 26 inch length.

EDIT: @was385 I was quoted 35 bucks by EVS here in Houston. I bet a muffler shop would be $20-$50
Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #694
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post
What do you guys think about MBRP resonators? I assume you are using Vibrant. I wanted to do a 5 inch body by 26 inch length.

EDIT: @was385 I was quoted 35 bucks by EVS here in Houston. I bet a muffler shop would be $20-$50
Ok, I'll have to check it out, that was a lot less than I feared it would be.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #695
Hix

Not sure if I am cleared to mention this or not, but I called up SRT and they are having issues finding an auto in their area. If they cannot find someone local they are willing to ship the pipe to me and I can go ahead and fit it up. If the pipe fits on my car and his buddy in Chicago's car then he will start shipping them out as soon as he gets them.

This does mean that I will be using the smaller resonator for a while, however, once we get the auto midpipe fit zeroed in I can weld up the 5 inch Vibrant he is offering. Then we can all be assured that the large resonator will fit on the auto as well.

If you are local to them, have an auto, and are willing to let them mess with your car I am sure all of us auto guys would be very appreciative.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hix For This Useful Post:
kidgogeta (08-28-2012), Swift Racing Technologies (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #696
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
I just got off the phone with Mo. Ill be there at 3pm Thursday to get the resonator installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
civicdrvr, if you get yours swapped out we should meet up. I can bring my GoPro and we can try and capture the sound difference. Although I don't know if the microphone can pick up frequencies that low!
Works for me. I plan on taking some videos with my GoPro and my DSLR but I dont think it will pick up the frequencies either.
Hix (08-28-2012), scioneric (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #697
markmatley
Shipping to Hawaii?...

Drives: '13 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
You are correct we have shipped out 20 sets. Just that the order in which we sent them got a mixed up. None of the international orders have shipped as of yet.

BUT you are correct we are just about ready to ship the next 10, BUT we want to verify with everyone before shipping that the resonator choice is what they want and weather their car is Auto or Manual.
Well to let you know mine is a manual, and the regular resonator is fine. *heres to hoping for no drone*

To those guys with drone, are you at sea level or higher altitudes? Does this have something to do with it, or am I reaching for thin air? *pun intended*
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #698
Jidonsu

I was able to meet up with another member who has the exhaust. I think it sounds great. It's definitely loud, and I can see how it might get tiring for some people. I'm not sure if it's a drone or if it's just because the exhaust is so audible, but I didn't get to spend too much time cruising in the car. It's great the SRT is stepping up and helping members modify their exhaust. I should be having mine in this Saturday, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be driving the car over 300 miles back from SRT, so I'll report my observations once that's over.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #699
Furtive

Drives: 13' SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
To who received their exhaust and has no complaints about how loud it is, can you guys/gals give us a review on it?
Furtive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #700
Minhtyfresh

Drives: Whiteout fR-S
Wish i had found this thread earlier, and had the money to join you guys.. great job on the exhaust.
Minhtyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote