follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #29
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes86 View Post
No way drill was way fun, the worst part in my opinion was just being away from home and my wife but she sent me a letter everyday that helped a lot ... if u havent done so yet start getting used to saying... "sir/ma'am trainee (insert last name here) reports as ordered" oh and even if your not religious id suggest hitting up church on sundays it makes the day go by a bit easier. U could even try out different religions each week. Feel free to pm me if u have any questions.
Lol yea I know the reporting statement, and EVERYONE says that about church. I definitely plan on attending. I'm kinda nervous about eating lunch in 3 minutes flat though, I'm a slow eater.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
Red5

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Lol yea I know the reporting statement, and EVERYONE says that about church. I definitely plan on attending. I'm kinda nervous about eating lunch in 3 minutes flat though, I'm a slow eater.
Apparently meals aren't as bad as they used to be when I went through (basic in 07), but you get real good at eating faster, and eating high calorie foods so you don't get too hungry during the day. Having spent the last 5 and a half years in, it'd be so hard for me to go through basic again and not laugh at all the BS they feed you about how the "real" AF is.

Sent from...somewhere?
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #31
Wolfking

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Japan? Ditch our pretend GT86. Now you can get a real one. I spent 9yrs there! You won't want to come back! What part? Mainland or Okinawa? Enjoy, brother enjoy!

~Wolfking
USMC/ARMY
Wolfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #32
briang0901

Drives: 2024 MT Toyota GR86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes86 View Post
How come he doesnt like it? What rank is he? Ive never snow boarded before but ive always wanted to try is he stationed alone or is he married, still making large amounts of money? We cant take the frs the lease wont allow it.

Oh and whats your guys' jobs?
He is navy, E5, single, making roughly 3-4k mth, and the snowbarding there is excellent...best ive ever seen so id suggest trying it out!

Since I was station in Yokosuka I cant comment much on Misawa, I only know what my friend tells me but im sure he is comparing it Yokosuka. He just says that there isnt much to do up there and would prefer to be near tokyo and yokohama. seeing how you are married i think it will be just fine for you.
briang0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Mikes86

Drives: 2013 fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ah yes Im sure it would be different leaving a place close to a large city after being used to that for a few years.

Eating at basic isnt so bad, i hear its a lot different than it used to be...it may not seem like it but they actually give u like 10- 15 minutes for lunch and dinner... my mti would say "you give me breakfast and ill give u lunch and diner" meaning at breakfast lick a biscuit and get out but he gave u extra time for your other meals.
try not to become a chow runner though as they spend a lot of time infront of the snake pit, and the mti's will screw with u a bit there. I was laundry crew cause im married and it was fun lots of time to chill In the laundry room and study for the eoc test didnt get a lot of drill practice though as when my flight was out doing that we were normally doing laundry.
Mikes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
2manysubies
USN Retired

Drives: '13 BRZL, 05LGTL, 05LGTLSW, and +5
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can say Misawa is like living in Maine, WAAAYYY to much snow, they have snow removal equipment that could eat a FR-s and not notice.(well maybe) Okinawa, busy place, 4 bases, AF, USMC, USA and a USN contigent. It may be an "Island" but it's a pretty big one, great PX/Commissary. Oh, Check out all the "Junkyards" there, the Japanese fail almost every car at the 3 year point,(Military exempt) most go to those bone yards= great parts cheap, establish a contact to mail parts to in the states i.e.JDM stuff, You'll make a mint and you can get it sent stateside Via Our Uncle. Oh and Thanks for your service, "You Have the Watch"

R/Mac
2manysubies is offline   Reply With Quote