follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #15
ein86
I hit cones.

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You're not the only one, had mine for 9 months before I noticed this; not sure exactly when it split because I was assuming it was just a leaky exhaust gasket somewhere. And at least you got offered $50, he just told me to ship it to him (I'd have to pay shipping) and he'd weld it up.

I do autox the car about 3 times per month and a random Wednesday night each month, also daily driven, not tracked yet. Through previous experience with other cars, I've never had an exhaust crack anywhere like this in 4-6 years of similar use, so 8-9 months seems silly to me. And yes, I'm more than aware that parts fail more often on cars used for autox or track days.

I ended up having a friend weld it up since I was leaving for the Bristol tour the next morning. The other problem I had with this exhaust is that it hangs ridiculously low, I moved to a new house about a month after this and destroyed the resonator in about a week on the driveway. Ended up having that welded up as well and sold the exhaust cheap to get rid of it.

Both of these issues are supposedly being addressed in version 2, but its not worth it to me to deal with them again. I replaced it with the single exit version from Hooker and am pretty happy with it; doesn't scrape on the same driveway, is a little quieter inside the car, way cheaper and better built.

Quotes:
Me - Hi, so I found this little problem with my exhaust this morning. Is this a manufacturing defect or warranty issue?
Thanks
This was purchased around august of 2015

Dezod - It is not a defect it is a wear problem. I have one myself and a few others that track theirs and beat theirs up this happens. We simply zip them right back up and go about the day.

M - Seems it shouldnt "wear out" within a year though....

D - It's a weld, it was perfectly sealed when you got it. You installed it in and track the car. The wear is upon you. I agree it should not have worn in a year, however I have no responsibility of how you treat the car or the exhaust. If you would like it welded, that's what I offered you.

There's more to that conversation, but thats the gist of it.....
Attached Images

ein86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ein86 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-13-2016), GT86Dan (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #16
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ein86 View Post
You're not the only one, had mine for 9 months before I noticed this; not sure exactly when it split because I was assuming it was just a leaky exhaust gasket somewhere. And at least you got offered $50, he just told me to ship it to him (I'd have to pay shipping) and he'd weld it up.

I do autox the car about 3 times per month and a random Wednesday night each month, also daily driven, not tracked yet. Through previous experience with other cars, I've never had an exhaust crack anywhere like this in 4-6 years of similar use, so 8-9 months seems silly to me. And yes, I'm more than aware that parts fail more often on cars used for autox or track days.

I ended up having a friend weld it up since I was leaving for the Bristol tour the next morning. The other problem I had with this exhaust is that it hangs ridiculously low, I moved to a new house about a month after this and destroyed the resonator in about a week on the driveway. Ended up having that welded up as well and sold the exhaust cheap to get rid of it.

Both of these issues are supposedly being addressed in version 2, but its not worth it to me to deal with them again. I replaced it with the single exit version from Hooker and am pretty happy with it; doesn't scrape on the same driveway, is a little quieter inside the car, way cheaper and better built.

Quotes:
Me - Hi, so I found this little problem with my exhaust this morning. Is this a manufacturing defect or warranty issue?
Thanks

Dezod - It is not a defect it is a wear problem. I have one myself and a few others that track theirs and beat theirs up this happens. We simply zip them right back up and go about the day.

D - It's a weld, it was perfectly sealed when you got it. You installed it in and track the car. The wear is upon you. I agree it should not have worn in a year, however I have no responsibility of how you treat the car or the exhaust. If you would like it welded, that's what I offered you.

Wow unreal , glad to know im not the only person having had the issue. Its evident that there are more people who have had these issues, probably a reason for version 2.

Amazing how both our conversations with him are earily similar. I may look into the hooker exhaust then.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #17
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
SUCH a fucking asshole response. Wow.

"The wear is upon you"?? Really? It's an exhaust, it shouldn't have welds that fail - period. Can't believe he tried to twist the situation around and claim it's your bad because of how you "treat the car". Insane.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
GT86Dan (07-13-2016), mixtape (07-25-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #18
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Quotes:
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
SUCH a fucking asshole response. Wow.

"The wear is upon you"?? Really? It's an exhaust, it shouldn't have welds that fail - period. Can't believe he tried to twist the situation around and claim it's your bad because of how you "treat the car". Insane.

Dezod should be ashamed of themselves, that's the shittiest response to try and fight counter quality issues. A proper weld should hold up for years on end even with vibration or "track use" especially when road vibrations are isolated out with the rubber hangers. They seriously need to own up.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
serial gixxer (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 AM   #19
serial gixxer

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am ashamed to have been a customer of theirs. Never again.
serial gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to serial gixxer For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-14-2016), GT86Dan (07-14-2016), JonAvalon (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #20
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I would recommend the Ultimate Racing Catback to you guys. I had bought it for my car before this Dezod came out... I won't say the Dezod is a ripoff but they look exactly the same and I never had a problem with the Ultimate Racing, I sold it after a year to a friend and its still in great shape structurally even though my friend and I had scrapped it multiple times. Their customer service is great too!

link is here: http://www.ultimate-racing.com/colle...atback-exhaust
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
jasonc

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
After reading this thread I went to check my catback... low and behold:

Last edited by jasonc; 07-17-2016 at 05:45 AM.
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasonc For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-17-2016), GT86Dan (07-27-2016), mixtape (07-25-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 03:26 AM   #22
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Hey no problem, just ship that back to Dezod at your expense and they will zip that back up for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
After reading this thread I went to check catback... low and behold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
JazzleSAURUS (07-18-2016), mixtape (07-25-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #23
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Well their poor customer service and lack of desire to stand behind their product, is now biting them in the ass. They forget these issues get spread quick over the internet. Most ppl understand defects happen, and are willing to accept it when a company shows desire to fix it. Looks like future buyers should look elsewhere.
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #24
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
V2, just in time for customers to not want to do business with them.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #25
GT86Dan

So just as an update to the thread. I did contact FT86SpeedFactory, and they did contact Dezod for me. They received the same response that i did , and it was all they could do. Interestingly the cat back is no longer for sale on their website.

Going to get it welded at this time and see how that works. I might add some reinforcement to prevent flexing and prevent another crack down the line. I have also never received another email from Chris @ Dezod.

I suggest for anyone that has this exhaust take a look.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #26
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Dan View Post
So just as an update to the thread. I did contact FT86SpeedFactory, and they did contact Dezod for me. They received the same response that i did , and it was all they could do. Interestingly the cat back is no longer for sale on their website.

Going to get it welded at this time and see how that works. I might add some reinforcement to prevent flexing and prevent another crack down the line. I have also never received another email from Chris @ Dezod.

I suggest for anyone that has this exhaust take a look.
We had to discontinue it quite some time ago due to them stopping the MFG process on the system at the end of 2015. If it was our system we could take more measures to solve this but just like with an HKS, Greddy, Invidia, Borla, and others we have to let the MFG handle their warranty claims when outside of normal return policy's. Sorry for the trouble on this.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-02-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #27
GT86Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
We had to discontinue it quite some time ago due to them stopping the MFG process on the system at the end of 2015. If it was our system we could take more measures to solve this but just like with an HKS, Greddy, Invidia, Borla, and others we have to let the MFG handle their warranty claims when outside of normal return policy's. Sorry for the trouble on this.
I apologize for not being clear. You guys helped in the best way you could ! I asked for help just to contact and sure enough you did, and made sure to follow up. Could not ask for more , many thanks !

Guess ill just have to order soemthing new
Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #28
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
In for another failure. Was doing an frs brake job this weekend and sure enough. We go to check his dezod cat back. BOOM BABY!!!! It was cracked exhaust same place.... Wow