follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rivets??? damn.... this solution isn't for me because i take my bumper off once a month or more. can't turn 20 minutes into 4 hours lol.

you can see the tabs on the bumper being bent up in the middle, you can remove the bumper carefully enough that it'll take longer, but eventually it'll get bent, and it wont grab the plastic "hook" thats part of that plastic shroud under the headlight.

i've actually heated up the part that gets bent in the middle, then used needle nose pliers and bent it back down. and it kinda fixes it.. untill you pull it off again. just puts off the inevitable..
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #16
Juggles

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggles View Post
How many of you experience this "gap" issue?

Took my bumper on and off 3 times in the last week and I have never seen it.

Im curious as to how many are being affected, and why this is occurring for some.
Naturally, I took my bumper off once again about 2 days after I posted this.... annddd this issue is starting to surface for me now... what luck!
Old 04-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #17
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggles View Post
Naturally, I took my bumper off once again about 2 days after I posted this.... annddd this issue is starting to surface for me now... what luck!
It's a matter of time for everyone. Supposedly if you do it very slowly you won't break anything but the reason why it hangs off is because the plastic clips snap and won't hold the top of the bumper on, causing the over hang.

In my case I had the car like 6 months before it started to over hang and 3 replacement bumpers later (1 warranty, 2 insurance), I was desperate for a fix and they did it.

If you were in my situation desperate for a fix no matter if its permanent or not, then it's for you. I'm not gonna paint my headlights, or install a cold air intake or an intercooler any time soon so I don't need to take my bumper off.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #18
ChandlerSwyng

Drives: 2013 Red Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Aside from the ugly look, if I leave the gap there is it safe?
Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
It's a matter of time for everyone. Supposedly if you do it very slowly you won't break anything but the reason why it hangs off is because the plastic clips snap and won't hold the top of the bumper on, causing the over hang.

In my case I had the car like 6 months before it started to over hang and 3 replacement bumpers later (1 warranty, 2 insurance), I was desperate for a fix and they did it.

If you were in my situation desperate for a fix no matter if its permanent or not, then it's for you. I'm not gonna paint my headlights, or install a cold air intake or an intercooler any time soon so I don't need to take my bumper off.
Does anyone have a close up pic of these clips with the bumper off? And a pic of the part of the bumper that the clip grabs?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #20
tptwrc

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just noticed this yesterday on my brz...I'm still under warranty..Does subaru have a fix for this?

Closed Thread